Nothing to look forward to

Diantane

11 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

These threads never disappoint! 

/em reads thread title. 

"Nothing to look forward to?  Gee, that sounds like a shame.  Someone has run all the arcs from all the contacts, done all the sides—blue, red, and gold—has run so many incarnate missions that they've seen Praetoria fall a hundred times, gotten all the badges, and seen all that's worth seeing in AE.  Once you've done that, what's left—"

/em notices who the poster is.

"Oh.  Of course."

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/4/2023 at 4:16 PM, Diantane said:

Since I have no idea how to proceed beyond that with the incarnates.

It's really not that hard:  Train to 50, unlock the slots, craft stuff to put in them.  Yes, you have to convent from threads/shards/empyreans into the actual components each ability requires, but it's really not that difficult to grasp.  See more here.

I read a book last week.

Well, not the whole book, just the last chapter. I found the characters to be really underdeveloped, and the plot was almost nonexistent. What a terrible book.

• Like 1
  • Haha 14
  • Thumbs Up 2

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

These threads never disappoint! 

I'm so glad somebody else remembered.

They're a bit early this year though, usually this pops up around July, got ahead of themselves this year.

Oh well.

Eating Popcorn Meme GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My problem is, getting to 50 is the end of my character's career. Since I have no idea how to proceed beyond that with the incarnates.

Then learn.  The incarnate system is simpler than dealing with IO enhancements.  It's far from being the hardest part of the game to figure out.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

One of the things that keeps me tuning in is guessing which perfectly satisfactory power set is going to get reworked and made into the new top tier because one of the devs likes it but it isn't nearly overpowered enough for their tastes.

This is a long shot, but I'm taking Fire Control in the betting pool.  Let's add a 65% resistance debuff to Smoke and double damage from Imps!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Who run Bartertown?

15 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

One of the things that keeps me tuning in is guessing which perfectly satisfactory power set is going to get reworked and made into the new top tier because one of the devs likes it but it isn't nearly overpowered enough for their tastes.

This is a long shot, but I'm taking Fire Control in the betting pool.  Let's add a 65% resistance debuff to Smoke and double damage from Imps!

I'm holding out for Regen to get buffed for once.  I guess I will be hanging out here until the end of time...

• Haha 3

Because of this, I have 120 alts so far and its very hard trying to design a new character since I have done almost everything.

Not even close to "almost everything".

I am not going to bother calculating because I know it would take far more than 120 characters to have a character of every possible primary and secondary paring of every archetype. And that isn't even scratching the surface of power pick combinations, mixing in power pools, sloting variations, and enhancement variations. And there are other variable beyond that.

And, in case this is about content, I seriously doubt you have played all the non-farming arcs in the AE.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 5/4/2023 at 9:16 PM, Diantane said:

I have 120 alts so far and it’s very hard trying to design a new character since I have done almost everything.

Have you tried playing any of them?

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

23 minutes ago, Marshal_General said:

I was going to type out a longer reply, but it felt too much like grinding.

You can always do it as a gif. I think this would have been well suited to the OP's complaint.

342466261_Iuhmyeah....gif.a87d8a1ceff2e6b73a20f7b0c2e058e5.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Incarnates aren't hard.  Keep playing at fifty, doing things you enjoy when you enjoy them. After a while, you have lots of "threads" and your alpha slot will be unlocked. You don't have to think about these, they just happen.

Then make an alpha boost and slot it. Don't overthink the incarnate boosts. If you pick one you don't like later, you can make something else and replace it. 

Once you've done that, you know everything about the incarnate system you absolutely need to know.

But your real problem seems to me to be deciding which part of the game you really want to play. That's a matter of personal preference we can't help you with.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xiddo said:

Have you tried playing any of them?

Playing is grinding, you can't expect anyone to do that!  What kind of sadist are you?

• Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I'm at the point in my life when I realize that as much as I want to work with other people, it kind of depends on them if they want to work with anyone.

@Diantane came on the scene hot and bothered.  We eventually accepted that.  He seems to be mostly hot and bothered.

What would you do if your child, or husband, or best friend said to you "Nothing to look forward to"?  There are many answers to that, but not a single one is "bust their balls because I don't like what they do."

• Thumbs Up 3

Who run Bartertown?

6 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Not even close to "almost everything".

I am not going to bother calculating because I know it would take far more than 120 characters to have a character of every possible primary and secondary paring of every archetype. And that isn't even scratching the surface of power pick combinations, mixing in power pools, sloting variations, and enhancement variations. And there are other variable beyond that.

And, in case this is about content, I seriously doubt you have played all the non-farming arcs in the AE.

Less than 2301.  (I didn't bother figuring out the ones that get locked out such as Stone Armor with Claws, but maybe I'll do that later. )

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, lemming said:

Less than 2301.  (I didn't bother figuring out the ones that get locked out such as Stone Armor with Claws, but maybe I'll do that later. )

Is that just for primary and secondary set combinations?

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 5/4/2023 at 3:16 PM, Diantane said:

There should be a simpler guide built into the game.

Lots of folks bashing in this thread, but this part ain't wrong. There are a lot of things about this game that you have to go outside the game to learn about.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Diantane said:

Thanks for the supportive replies (got a few), but most replies were just garbage as usual. For the answers I did get I don't understand most of it. 

Would it help if we linked you to the various guides or the wiki pages? Because, to me, some people have really tried to explain things and I guess we’d like to know more. @Oklahoman isn’t wrong - some stuff is plainly not explained. And if it is, it’s changed cos of HC QoL updates (I.E. the incarnate stuff).

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

2 hours ago, Diantane said:

Thanks for the supportive replies (got a few), but most replies were just garbage as usual. For the answers I did get I don't understand most of it. 

Well you know what they say, "Garbage in.  Garbage out."

I notice you haven't said what, specifically, you don't understand about the incarnate system, the online tutorials, or even any of the "supportive" replies you've gotten in this thread.

Curious!

• Like 3