Mind/Psy or Dark/Dark?

User

2 hours ago, Sykar said:

Well the main reason Dark has superior AoE control is due to the fact that Telekinesis is still crippled since the massive nerfbat from I5.

I used to play Mind Dominator in Live server.  Thematically speaking, and even technically speaking, Mind should be the king of controls.  

1. Controlling the mind is pretty powerful stuff, makes me think of Xavier from X men.  
2. It has no pets. 
3.  Telekinesis was indeed the juice pre nerf.   Telekinesis was the bomb in PvP before the nuke bomb of issue 13 which rendered PVP so much inferior and a huge exodus happened after those changes and shortly after the game died. 

Mind should be the ultimate control set in my opinion, if I had decision making power in the game, I would make sure that Mind has a slight edge over any other control set, specifically in hard controls. 

Hey, Honor, look, I am not trying to do that at all.  
I am glad you made the comment about PVP.  Here's why - I think you and I will find common ground here and maybe you can try to support what I am trying to communicate. 

All right, so if you were on a thread about PVP and dueling and so on... and you were offering advise on a player who is trying to learn or seek guidance because he's trying to pick something to do with PVP, then my friend, me as someone who stopped PVPing after issue 14 because I did not support the changes to the PVP we had up until issue 12.  

So after being away from PVP for so very long, my brother, I am not going offer that player any advise on how to do this or that in PVP , but even less... I AM NOT going to be debating you if you decided to provide X amount of information on the subject matter.

I am certainly not going to say that in PVP this or that has an advantage over those and these.    
I am not going to be debating on something I have no successful practical experience.    
That's my point.  

I think you would agree with me here.  
I have no feud with you.  I extend my hand in peace and in handshake to you;  again, I have no issue with you. 

Edited by Voltak
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Frosticus said:

What are you talking about? 

Come here to talk about how one dom has an advantage over another when soloing an AV , but you talk without any experience doing this successfully yourself with a Dom. 

THEN you come here to argue or troll me ... out of pure hubris.  

Then you accuse me of seeking attention or something like that but you are here coming at me like "how dare you question me"?    
YOu communicated to me that you are not supposed to be questioned.  Saying to me that  I am the first one??

First one to question your experience soloing AVs with a dominator ?

Nah, brother, since you have no successful practical experience doing that, you should not be making those kinds of statements or adopting such postures. 

You don't have any to question. 
Stop the trolling, let this end.  
We cease and desist right here. 

Edited by Voltak

• 2 weeks later
On 5/9/2023 at 9:35 AM, User said:

I can't decide which to do next. Both appear to be popular combinations, but I'm having a hard time understand what exactly is the appeal of one over the other. Does anyone with experience with either or both want to please lay out the high points of each?

Why not try playing both and see what you enjoy more?