Mind/Psy or Dark/Dark?

User

I can't decide which to do next. Both appear to be popular combinations, but I'm having a hard time understand what exactly is the appeal of one over the other. Does anyone with experience with either or both want to please lay out the high points of each?

I know that Dark/Dark can solo basically anything when built right. How is Mind/Psy on that front?

TL;DR: go Dark/Dark if these are your two choices.

Control:

• Every control power from Dark inflicts some amount of stacking -ToHit, increasing your survivability.
  • Dark gets a good pet and Mind gets none.
  • Dark gets two temp pets and Mind gets none.
  • Mind gets an AoE sleep that is maybe only situationally useful, Dark gets a damage-procable PBAoE Stun that rocks all the time.
  • Both get single target Confuses that don't alert the target.
  • Mind gets an awesome AoE confuse that's on a prohibitively long cooldown.
  • Telekinesis is a fun power. If you're solo. And not in a rush. With unlimited Endurance. 

Assault:

• Every attack power from Dark inflicts some amount of stacking -ToHit, increasing your survivability.
  • Dark has a version of Power Boost, Psy does not. This affects every single power you have, since it increases -ToHit among the various other specific effects (Stuns, Heals, etc).
  • Dark has Siphon Life, which is on a cooldown of only 8 seconds. In a high recharge environment it could ostensibly be cast every other attack for a large amount of self healing. 
  • Psy has Drain Psyche, which is an unmatched sustainment tool and Regen debuffer for Dominators. However, you have to be in melee range to make it work. In practice, it is useful but less so than in theory since environments where you can safely employ it typically don't require you to use it. Still, it's the one great thing about Psy Assault. 
  • Both sets have limited AoE with one cone and one melee AoE attack. Psy is somewhat better here with a wider cone and the melee AoE having a stun component that benefits from Domination.
  • Dark is generally more probable due to the ability to slot Cloud Senses %Damage in everything. 

• Like 2

I've got a fully tricked out 50 of each and definitely consider Dark/Dark to have superior AoE control and greater survivability. Mind has more damage in the primary, but this is less useful on a dominator where you have damage in your secondary. Mind may have a slight edge in soloing AVs due to Mesmerize (ST sleep). As far as soloing TFs, it's the driver not the car. While Voltak has soloed many TFs on Dark/Dark, another player with his build would likely have difficulty replicating this. There's another player on Torch (character name Number 6) that has soloed just about everything on Mind/Psi. Same comment applies. (I don't have the patience or desire to solo TFs and haven't tried.)

• Like 3

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 5/11/2023 at 12:31 AM, Uun said:

There's another player on Torch (character name Number 6)

Not to derail the thread (I think OP got their answer) but I've seen this player's "copy" of their character in Everlasting hanging out in Pocket D and even that less-played version has an impressive badge roster.

Also it really stuns me to have recently learned that there are players out there with character names that are not only the same as the Devs, but also in-game Contacts. 

Sort of weird since there's a lot of blocked off names, otherwise. Still salty I couldn't pick up Contemptress since the name is used by a minor villain character you might bump into at AE or Safeguarding banks).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
On 5/10/2023 at 12:31 PM, Uun said:

I've got a fully tricked out 50 of each and definitely consider Dark/Dark to have superior AoE control and greater survivability. Mind has more damage in the primary, but this is less useful on a dominator where you have damage in your secondary. Mind may have a slight edge in soloing AVs due to Mesmerize (ST sleep). As far as soloing TFs, it's the driver not the car. While Voltak has soloed many TFs on Dark/Dark, another player with his build would likely have difficulty replicating this. There's another player on Torch (character name Number 6) that has soloed just about everything on Mind/Psi. Same comment applies. (I don't have the patience or desire to solo TFs and haven't tried.)

Thank you for the mention.   Handshake, brother.  Hope all is well with you.

Actually, mind has no advantage over Dark when soloing AVs.   Dark has an advantage over Mind that Mind will not ever be able to catch up, and that is in the dmg department. 
Also, the combination of dark/dark plus power boost , means that your to hit debuffs from everything provides a useful resource.  
Dominators get a pseudo double patch of the AoE hold area, the hold is not really the big deal, the big deal is the double patch provides a very nice accumulation of to hit debuff when domination is up and sweeter even when power boosted. 

5 hours ago, Voltak said:

Thank you for the mention.   Handshake, brother.  Hope all is well with you.

Actually, mind has no advantage over Dark when soloing AVs.   Dark has an advantage over Mind that Mind will not ever be able to catch up, and that is in the dmg department. 
Also, the combination of dark/dark plus power boost , means that your to hit debuffs from everything provides a useful resource.  
Dominators get a pseudo double patch of the AoE hold area, the hold is not really the big deal, the big deal is the double patch provides a very nice accumulation of to hit debuff when domination is up and sweeter even when power boosted. 

Voltak, would you mind sharing your current Dark/Dark build? Seems like a really well rounded combo.

Just for clarity, tohit debuffing has almost no impact against AV's. Especially +con ones.

A lvl 54 AV has 87% resistance to debuffs + the purple patch reduces the effectiveness to 65% of original (assuming you have a level shift, otherwise reduced to 48% effectiveness)

100% tohit debuffing will be reduced to 8.45% final tohit debuff. Many of the more significant AV's have powers with increased base acc, or other means to ensure they hit more than regular mobs.

Its great vs bosses and lower though, but most doms are.

At the very least Mind can press pause on an AV encounter if things aren't going well.

Personally I prefer the mix and match version of both the combos listed. Dark/Psi has a lot of synergy and Mind/Dark is perhaps the safest single target dom combo. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Frosticus said:

Just for clarity, tohit debuffing has almost no impact against AV's. Especially +con ones.

A lvl 54 AV has 87% resistance to debuffs + the purple patch reduces the effectiveness to 65% of original (assuming you have a level shift, otherwise reduced to 48% effectiveness)

At the very least Mind can press pause on an AV encounter if things aren't going well.

Every little bit helps and it adds to your defenses.   Allowing you to sometimes slot for less defense and more dmg or procs. 

Also there is no such thing as a pause when fighting an AV.  The health bar either goes down or it goes up towards full health.

Putting the AV to sleep and doing nothing to wake the AV  means the regen of the AV is going full swing with no counter.    
That's not a pause, that's going in reverse. 

If you mean a safety way out, then sure, anyone can run away and exit the mission, if that is what you mean with "pause". 

After soloing so many  of AVs at lvl 54s, I know at a certain point wether he or she can be killed or not, long before I ever reach a point where I am in danger of being close to dying. 

If I realize he or she can't be killed, then I just move out and move on.   

But this discussion is almost irrelevant, the number of players who actually want to solo with a Dominator an AV  of lvl 54 or level 52 are very very few.  
The ones who can actually do it are even fewer.   

I understand players just want to be casual about the game and stick to the easy content that CoH has far and away. 

So most build can do the job and most sets or all sets can do the job just fine.  

My opinion is to pick up and play what you love or what you like a lot, and if you can, then just experiment with different stuff. 

When you feel the reality that CoH is just way too easy of a game, and then you feel the urge or desire to go out and seek to do very difficult things, then, at that point, you really need to look for the best of the best within the power sets. 

For me, what Dark/Dark has been able to achieve in my hands, is nothing short of amazing,

the Lord Recluse Strike Force at 54x8 with no inspirations and no deaths
the ITF 54x8 (older version, which was way harder because of the white Dwarfs and Novas) no inspirations, no deaths 
Beating the Carnies lvl 54 AV  (A getting to her was a difficult thing since she's in mid map surrounded by Carnies, and getting to her via defeating the Carnies,  with the use of ZERO inspirations, and then when you face her,  she's a blaster and she hits with what seems like nukes all the time)
Among, the other things, those things really cement the fact that Dar/Dark is the best or among the best. 

I loved the set since it came out in live server, and it's dear to me. 

One of the best, if not the best, control set ever created by the Devs.  

Edited by Voltak

4 hours ago, BuiltDifferent5 said:

Voltak, would you mind sharing your current Dark/Dark build? Seems like a really well rounded combo.

It is posted, the general build with procs, for general content, that's posted in the forums, my friend. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Voltak said:

Every little bit helps and it adds to your defenses.   Allowing you to sometimes slot for less defense and more dmg or procs. 

Ya it helps. I just showed you how much it helps. 100% tohit debuff is reduced to 8.5%. It is what it is. Some players will value that a lot, others may not. I have not looked at your build, but if you rely on the set mechanics to actually run your build in the mid 30% def range and fill up on procs then that is great. I know I've championed for people to try similar with a poison and damage debuffing. It is very satisfying when it all comes together.

27 minutes ago, Voltak said:

Also there is no such thing as a pause when fighting an AV.  The health bar either goes down or it goes up towards full health.

Putting the AV to sleep and doing nothing to wake the AV  means the regen of the AV is going full swing with no counter.    
That's not a pause, that's going in reverse. 

If you mean a safety way out, then sure, anyone can run away and exit the mission, if that is what you mean with "pause". 

This might just be a misunderstanding. I mean when an AV like silver mantis hits buildup. A mind dom can pause the encounter until it wears off. You don't want her hitting because the damage is very high during buildup, but perhaps more importantly, she will cascade your defenses with her huge -def debuffs. 8.5% tohit debuff won't protect you.

Pausing the fight for a few seconds to tip the encounter can be valuable.

As you said, you might run for the door, I dunno. 

34 minutes ago, Voltak said:

For me, what Dark/Dark has been able to achieve in my hands, is nothing short of amazing,

It's good work and a good combo. No one is suggesting otherwise.

Dark control is great. Shadow Field is very very bugged on doms and overperforms on multiple fronts, but it is one heck of a power in its current state.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know no one asked, but in case they are wondering how bugged shadow field is on Doms?

It overperforms by a factor of 2.67x on the debuff side. It overperforms a small amount on the hold side 1.25x

Given the popular advice to combine it with powerboost the tohit debuff is tremendously more powerful than it should be.

Fully slotted+powerboost it provides 70.4%  aoe tohit debuff (auto hit haha) for ~7 seconds

It should be 26.38%

without powerboost it provides 47% aoe tohit debuff

It should be 17.6%

Mine recharges in 65 seconds and it lasts 45 seconds.

Edit: the power has been (mostly) fixed. Not sure when, maybe last big update? It is still 1.25x too strong, but that isn't uncommon in the psuedopet category.

Edited by Frosticus
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

I know no one asked, but in case they are wondering how bugged shadow field is on Doms?

It overperforms by a factor of 2.67x on the debuff side. It overperforms a small amount on the hold side 1.25x

Given the popular advice to combine it with powerboost the tohit debuff is tremendously more powerful than it should be.

Fully slotted+powerboost it provides 70.4%  aoe tohit debuff (auto hit haha) for ~7 seconds

It should be 26.38%

without powerboost it provides 47% aoe tohit debuff

It should be 17.6%

Mine recharges in 65 seconds and it lasts 45 seconds.

Holy heck that is crazy.

4 hours ago, Frosticus said:

Ya it helps. I just showed you how much it helps. 100% tohit debuff is reduced to 8.5%. It is what it is. Some players will value that a lot, others may not. I have not looked at your build, but if you rely on the set mechanics to actually run your build in the mid 30% def range and fill up on procs then that is great. I know I've championed for people to try similar with a poison and damage debuffing. It is very satisfying when it all comes together.

This might just be a misunderstanding. I mean when an AV like silver mantis hits buildup. A mind dom can pause the encounter until it wears off. You don't want her hitting because the damage is very high during buildup, but perhaps more importantly, she will cascade your defenses with her huge -def debuffs. 8.5% tohit debuff won't protect you.

Pausing the fight for a few seconds to tip the encounter can be valuable.

As you said, you might run for the door, I dunno. 

It's good work and a good combo. No one is suggesting otherwise.

Dark control is great. Shadow Field is very very bugged on doms and overperforms on multiple fronts, but it is one heck of a power in its current state.

I dont think Shadow field is bugged.  Domination causes Shadow Field to cast a pseudo pet. That's the code, it's the way it is.  There was an old discussion  I saw about this with the Devs.   At the time, the code written was the only way they could see of doing this because what happens is the summoning of the pseudo pets for Doms.   So you SEE ONE shadow field, but in reality there are TWO shadows field there.  

Carnies blaster AV also has build up, I still beat her.  Granted, for that fight I needed inspirations.   Still took her down , no temp powers.   
I got hit enough to be a very good fight, if dangerous. 

I dont know who values the to hit debuffs vs AVs a lot, but I do like that it all helps and comes together. 

Again, hitting sleep on an AV and waiting for the build up to go,  it is a pause, but I am certain it hurts your efforts to get that AV dead in the shortest time possible. 
Look, not trying to argue nor stir anything up, but regen does not stop.  
DPS not being applied is not progress, also, I am going to assume you don't have any experience fighting AVs, solo at level 54 with a dominator. 
You dont have time to pause and let the stacks of mezzos fall off.  
A lvl 54 AV will cause your mez stacks to go away faster than a lower level AV.   
My DPS chains always include the mez and that cannot stop for me.  I need the stacks to be as high as I can reasonably maintain them 

Therefore if you doing nothing, sleep and wait, then actually will hurt your fight, in more than one way. 

It is very challenging to write all of this without sounding like I am just filled with hubris or I think I am "special".  
It is far from the point.  

Again, if you go out and try to do this, you might understand me better.  

It is very hard to discuss some of these things with people who have theories and numbers on paper but don't have the actual practical and successful experience doing this very specific thing a lot of times.  

Some things I cannot teach here on the forums.  I cannot simply write out and explain all details. 
Many things about soloing a lvl 54 AV SPECIFICALLY  as a dominator, with no temps, can only be learned or understood  via practice.  

Mind has no advantage over a Dark Dominator when soloing an AV.  

It has different instruments , yes, but that does not make it better nor a set with an advantage over Dark. 

Dark has way more DPS than mind when soloing an AV and ultimately, that's the crux of the matter.  

The best defense is a great offense. 

Edited by Voltak

2 hours ago, Voltak said:

I dont think Shadow field is bugged.  Domination causes Shadow Field to cast a pseudo pet. That's the code, it's the way it is.  There was an old discussion  I saw about this with the Devs.   At the time, the code written was the only way they could see of doing this because what happens is the summoning of the pseudo pets for Doms.   So you SEE ONE shadow field, but in reality there are TWO shadows field there.  

It's been a bit since I checked. Thankfully this power has already been fixed. It no longer behaves like you describe and are likely used to leveraging. I'd guess it got fixed in the last major update. Depending on how heavily you leaned on shadow field you might want to put your dark/dark through the paces and see how it holds up currently. Shadow field is no longer a pocket hurricane.

It now correctly calls only one psuedo pet depending on player state rather than both. 

If> a or b rather than if > a and b

It still uses the wrong AT modifiers, but that is small potatoes compared to how broken it was before.

The rest of your post is nonesense. I think you are the first person to ever question my in game experience, especially solo. Thanks for the chuckle.

6 hours ago, Frosticus said:

It's been a bit since I checked. Thankfully this power has already been fixed. It no longer behaves like you describe and are likely used to leveraging. I'd guess it got fixed in the last major update. Depending on how heavily you leaned on shadow field you might want to put your dark/dark through the paces and see how it holds up currently. Shadow field is no longer a pocket hurricane.

It now correctly calls only one psuedo pet depending on player state rather than both. 

If> a or b rather than if > a and b

It still uses the wrong AT modifiers, but that is small potatoes compared to how broken it was before.

The rest of your post is nonesense. I think you are the first person to ever question my in game experience, especially solo. Thanks for the chuckle.

I dont question your game experience. Your game experience is not the subject matter here.
 But you are not trying to tell me that you have any good experience soloing AV's lvl 54 with a dominator without using temps, correct ?

I am being optimistic about this.  I am assuming that you are not trying to tell me that.   Am I right?  
Because if I am wrong... Now that is more than just a chuckle.   
I tried to tell you that Mind does not have the advantage over a Dark dom when soloing an AV 
So, do you have solid experience in soloing an AV lvl 54 with a dominator?  

Just in case --  I could care less about any other AT soloing AVs.   I am referring specifically to Dominators. 

I was treating you with respect and here you are unveiling yourself.
Now you are just trolling 

I did not lean on it heavily.  Like I said, it was just something that adds to everything else.  No way was that an " I win" button, not ever.   

One thing is the AT and the build, the other part is the driver. 

Edited by Voltak

I personally only solo under standard scrapper rules - no: insp/temps/amps/lore/click accolades. 

So to answer your question: no, I have zero experience solo'ing a dom against lvl 54 AV's using the training wheels that you drive with. 

I do have experience doing it under the constraints I listed above and I openly admit on numerous occasions my doms struggle with AV's. I have no idea if they'd be consistently successful under your irrelevant rules. I don't plan to find out. There is world of difference between "scrapper rules" and "no temps".

I'm also not sure why you are so riled up? All I said was the tohit debuffing is heavily resisted by AV's and that mind can pause the fight if they want. Both are true, there is no debate, but that seems to have driven you off the deep end.

I've only ever clicked on one of your "solo" vids and you were driving your longbow lore, using super insp, and cruising under a bugged shadow field. I promptly shut it off. I'm sure you can rationalize it all, but it truly falls on deaf ears.

We don't play the game the same way, but as long as we are having fun that is all that matters.

1 hour ago, Frosticus said:

I personally only solo under standard scrapper rules - no: insp/temps/amps/lore/click accolades. 

So to answer your question: no, I have zero experience solo'ing a dom against lvl 54 AV's using the training wheels that you drive with. 

I do have experience doing it under the constraints I listed above and I openly admit on numerous occasions my doms struggle with AV's. I have no idea if they'd be consistently successful under your irrelevant rules. I don't plan to find out. There is world of difference between "scrapper rules" and "no temps".

I'm also not sure why you are so riled up? All I said was the tohit debuffing is heavily resisted by AV's and that mind can pause the fight if they want. Both are true, there is no debate, but that seems to have driven you off the deep end.

I've only ever clicked on one of your "solo" vids and you were driving your longbow lore, using super insp, and cruising under a bugged shadow field. I promptly shut it off. I'm sure you can rationalize it all, but it truly falls on deaf ears.

We don't play the game the same way, but as long as we are having fun that is all that matters.

You have not solo'd successfully any AV lvl 54s with a dominator and  using  no temporary powers whatsoever.  
You have not completed any Task Force at lvl 54 with a dominator where you face off vs AVs lvl 54, with the settings of the task force being , 54x8, no insps, and no temps. 

You are not here claiming that you are, are you?    

If I am correct, again, if I am correct,  then I don't know why you have a problem with my comment.  I certainly don't see why in the world you see me as questioning your experience. 
I am not questioning at all. 
You have no solid successful experience of soloing a lvl 54 AV with a dominator without using temporary powers 
That's not a question.   Feel me?

Also, 

you said --   

"I have zero experience solo'ing a dom against lvl 54 AV's using the training wheels that you drive with. " 

The correct statement is then, you have zero experience SUCCESSFULLy soloing AVs at lvl 54 with dominators.  

As far as training wheels go,   where you the one tho solo'd the LRSF at 54x8, no insps, no deaths, no temps, or even the old classic ITF, under the same settings ?

Was that you, or was that me ?? 

I have seen you come to the threads where I come and all you do is troll me and pick on me. 

What's your problem with me?  

Show me what you can do with your "theories" , show me what you can do with your dominator. 

The video evidence of what I have been able to do with my dominators all speak for themselves. 

1 hour ago, Frosticus said:

I've only ever clicked on one of your "solo" vids and you were driving your longbow lore, using super insp,

I have never ever used super insps in the stuff I mentioned above.  

1. Lvl 54 fight vs Carnies AV (blaster) all normal inspirations.   ( evidence is on video provided below)

2.  Both LRSF and ITF , 54x8, settings of them BOTH were for NO INSPS, NO TEMPS, NO DEATHS allowed, and that you can verify on video.  (evidence is there on video for anyone to see )

You get your rocks off doing this? 
You find self fulfillment trying to come at me on the message boards? 

Leave me alone, dude.  Go spend your time doing something worthwhile for yourself and go enjoy the game. 

Yeah, we don't play the game the same way.  I love to do challenging things in the game.   The game is otherwise too easy.  

But I love how you have a knack to offer your insight on something you have no experience doing 

Keep telling me how to do something I have already done successfully with my dominator while you have never done it with yours. 

Edited by Voltak

mind / psi. yup yup.

rolled me a psi/mental blaster for the weekend. its fantasmagorical.  got the name 'complicate' - one of my fav mesmer skill names from guild wars, so im set.

psst. telekinesis is awesome on a dom. its a pulsing mag 6. put that on as a base, and youll even punch through purple triangles / av mag 50 cc stack to plough through.  unfortunately theres a reset and theyll snap out, but a mind dom using telekinesis and stacking dominate, is the only one that can really do that.

mass hypnosis is also great. use it as a brief interrupt.

because dark is borrrring.

have fun, whatever you decide!

@Voltak

I apologize, I am just a bit chapped. Not for the reasons you probably think though.

You are the biggest self hype man in this game and despite me knowing better I actually bought into the inflated self promotion you put out.

I was so stoked when I clicked your Sinclair vid. He's a legit AV. Even fighting him as an even con as you did could have been pretty momentous.

My main AV killer took about 6 minutes to kill him as a 54+3 (of course no insp/temps/lore/amps/etc), so I was ready to be very impressed.

cue sad trombone

What followed was a 20 minute video of you watching a longbow lore whittle him down. It was the epitome of mediocre.

I apologize that I thought they were super insp you downed in that fight, I just glanced at your tray and saw a bunch of fancy insp (my tray is always closed and/or locked).

I'm not going to watch the other vids you linked because fool me once... I saw enough in the Sinclair fight to know you haven't come up with anything new. I'd be more impressed to see you even make it to Lord Recluse in the Ms. Liberty TF than yet another confuse spammer in the LRSF. 

You do play the combo well, so if you ever do anything interesting - for example, the other night I solo'd the Twins+vandal (troller, no insp/temps/lore/amps/deaths...well you get the picture, I've already explained how I play) If you do something new or interesting that hasn't been done to death by other AT's, I'll be only too happy to reconsider my assessment and tip my hat. Not that it matters what I think, just have fun.

In the mean time, the Driver Assists (nicer way of putting it) that you use don't negate the things you do, they just make them not really register any significance. 

• Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, Frosticus said:

@Voltak

I apologize, I am just a bit chapped. Not for the reasons you probably think though.

You are the biggest self hype man in this game and despite me knowing better I actually bought into the inflated self promotion you put out.

I was so stoked when I clicked your Sinclair vid. He's a legit AV. Even fighting him as an even con as you did could have been pretty momentous.

My main AV killer took about 6 minutes to kill him as a 54+3 (of course no insp/temps/lore/amps/etc), so I was ready to be very impressed.

cue sad trombone

What followed was a 20 minute video of you watching a longbow lore whittle him down. It was the epitome of mediocre.

I apologize that I thought they were super insp you downed in that fight, I just glanced at your tray and saw a bunch of fancy insp (my tray is always closed and/or locked).

I'm not going to watch the other vids you linked because fool me once... I saw enough in the Sinclair fight to know you haven't come up with anything new. I'd be more impressed to see you even make it to Lord Recluse in the Ms. Liberty TF than yet another confuse spammer in the LRSF. 

You do play the combo well, so if you ever do anything interesting - for example, the other night I solo'd the Twins+vandal (troller, no insp/temps/lore/amps/deaths...well you get the picture, I've already explained how I play) If you do something new or interesting that hasn't been done to death by other AT's, I'll be only too happy to reconsider my assessment and tip my hat. Not that it matters what I think, just have fun.

In the mean time, the Driver Assists (nicer way of putting it) that you use don't negate the things you do, they just make them not really register any significance. 

Taking about Sinclair ...  WHILE CONVENIENTLY avoiding the subjects of what was brought up before, the subject of fighting LVL 54s , AV lvl 54s.  
I posted a video of me soloing a LVL 54 AV , all normal inspirations with a Dominator. 

We are talking about soloing AVs with a DOMINATOR.  We are not talking about other ATs at all here.

You are here trying to give guidance and advice or projecting like you know what Dominators have an advantage over other Dominators when soloing AVs.   

BUT YOU HAVE NEVER DONE IT.  You have zero successful experience soloing AVs with a Dominator.    

So, when you say that a Mind Dominator has the advantage or has an adavantage over a Dark dominator... well, it's hard to argue with you and reach an understanding since you are talking from a position with no successful practical experience doing this with a Dominator.   
So you come here to argue not because you know how to do it but because of hubris. 

You talking about self hype ??   Dude, you are the person that said I am the first person in the game to QUESTION YOUR experience when I told you that you have no experience soloing successfully AVs with a Dominator.  How dare I question you, sir, how dare I ??   Wow, talk about self hype. 
NO, I'm not questioning.  I am telling you flat out, you don't have any.  

About trays closed ...  
You are conveniently avoiding to talk about or accept that I did solo and successfully completed the LRSF and the ITF, 54x8, and both of them  had 

Inspirations DISABLED 
Temp Powers  DISABLED 
Zero Deaths allowed  settings enabled

You are just a troll and a sour troll. 

Edited by Voltak

On 5/10/2023 at 5:31 PM, Uun said:

Well the main reason Dark has superior AoE control is due to the fact that Telekinesis is still crippled since the massive nerfbat from I5.

• Thumbs Up 1