What is salvage

savair

Crafting components.  Open your recipe window, examine recipes in the player market or at an appropriate vendor, and you'll see that each recipe lists 2-5 salvage required to craft the recipe.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Salvage that is white in color can also be used as ingredients at an Empowerment Buff station (versions pictured below).  Any buff highlighted has the requisite components and a 1-hour buff can be had.  Quite useful at lower levels.  A few of the buffs are pictured below as well.

image.png.5848706bed2fd767d5e2c0a2a536dab8.png

image.thumb.png.5b7d8cecfece41ca4e56503cacbf56d9.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, savair said:

Whatr about things like items like a medallion or a good luck charm

Luck Charm is salvage and falls under the "Inventions" tab.  I'm not sure what is referenced by "medallion".  The only salvage I know with "medallion" in the name is "Saint's Medallion", and it is considered legacy salvage, that is, no longer viable or necessary.

image.png.ed5e32c82317053fa1d427534a649a3f.png

32 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Salvage that is white in color can also be used as ingredients at an Empowerment Buff station

Not just common (white) salvage, but yellow (uncommon) as well for some buffs. For example, the lowest-tier Grant Invisibility buff requires a Simple Chemical (white), an Ancient Artifact (white), and a Heavy Water (yellow). I keep a salvage rack stocked to craft that buff to speed up Mender Ramiel's arc — stealth to Trapdoor and defeat him, get the mission from Lady Grey, go back to Mender Ramiel and autocomplete, then stealth the final mission to the minotaur.

• Thumbs Up 1

WELCOME TO COH!!!  

Salvage/invention system is a great opportunity to experiment.  You sometimes make something cool and sometimes you make something you save for later.

Invention Salvage - Unofficial Homecoming Wiki

You can go to the University for the in game tutorial.

University - Unofficial Homecoming Wiki

It does start of overwhelming sometimes and then you have your ah-ha moment.  Sometimes you just need to....well, experiment too!

Edited by starro
  • Like 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

On 5/25/2023 at 7:07 PM, Frostbiter said:

Salvage is part of the Invention System. You can go to the University in Steel Canyon and do a tutorial for it at level 10 but you don't have to.

I would recommend doing the tutorial once.  I did it when it first came out and it's pretty clear.  And you generally learn better by DOING, than by reading.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.