Light Sets?

7 hours ago, Rigged said:

This is a poor argument. You can certainly ask for stuff. But when someone else says "You know, light is energy and you can color energy blast white so it's light, and light is also Radiation and you can color Radiation Blast light too", it is not reasonable to say "well then no one should ask for anything ever again". 

If you are telling me that you must have a powerset called Light Blast and you cannot use a powerset called Radiation Blast even though Radiation blast does EXACTLY what you would expect Light Blast to do and LOOKS exactly like what Light Blast should look like, then I have bad news for you because I suspect you will find yourself very often disappointed.

Personally, I think light should be a mix of energy damage with a -ToHit Debuff for blinding foes and possibly a power or two that deals -Def or -Resist for the heat of a concentrated laser attack and no Knockback/Knockdown because light isn't solid... so for me, recoloring Energy Blast just doesn't cut it.  Might as well recolor any blast set and say "Yeah, that's light."  And I say no thanks.  If only SOME ideas are worth considering, then none are worth considering.  If SOME are told "just power customize and imagine it's what you want" then EVERYONE should settle for that instead of asking for anything.  And anyone that gives that copout answer should not be allowed to even ask for anything.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Player2 said:

Personally, I think light should be a mix of energy damage with a -ToHit Debuff for blinding foes and possibly a power or two that deals -Def or -Resist for the heat of a concentrated laser attack and no Knockback/Knockdown because light isn't solid... so for me, recoloring Energy Blast just doesn't cut it.  Might as well recolor any blast set and say "Yeah, that's light."  And I say no thanks.  If only SOME ideas are worth considering, then none are worth considering.  If SOME are told "just power customize and imagine it's what you want" then EVERYONE should settle for that instead of asking for anything.  And anyone that gives that copout answer should not be allowed to even ask for anything.

As I said, you can certainly ask. But if you are asking the devs very specifically for a new powerset with light blasts with -tohit in all attacks called Light Blast, I am just going to guess you are destined for disappointment. In the meantime consider Radiation Blast instead, which has no knockback. Light is after all a type of radiation. This is not "imagine it is light". Light is radiation. No imagining needed.

Alternatively, you can also play a Peacebringer which has entirely light blast attacks, you just have to tolerate the fact that their powerset is called Luminous Blast.

Again, please consider not being so attached to the powerset name. Consider the animations, power FX etc that best matches the idea you want. Just because the devs used a broad, generic name for the powerset does not mean it cannot represent your concept. This is like complaining that Martial Arts is not good enough for you because you insist on using a powerset called Karate.

Edited by Rigged
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Everlasting, even though I do not RP, as:

Doctor Hadius, Crab Spider (Main) ~ Aeronwen, Rad/Super Strength/Mu Tanker ~ Mortality Black, Time/Dual Pistols/Soul Defender ~ Vextravaganza, Illusion/Dark/Psi Controller ~ Baneframe, Robots/Time/Mace Mastermind ~ Zippy-Zap, Electric Armor/Dark Melee/Soul Tanker ~ Laser Lily, Beam Rifle/Energy Aura/Leviathan Sentinel ~ Nezumiko, Savage Melee/Bio Armor/Mu Stalker

On 5/31/2023 at 9:43 AM, Spankea said:

Any possibility of ever making a light set to counter the dark sets?  Dark melee, dark armor, dark affinity, and dark miasma, are a lot of sets to redo into a light or holy sets I know.

Power customization.

Change the color.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

22 hours ago, Rigged said:

As I said, you can certainly ask. But if you are asking the devs very specifically for a new powerset with light blasts with -tohit in all attacks called Light Blast, I am just going to guess you are destined for disappointment. In the meantime consider Radiation Blast instead, which has no knockback. Light is after all a type of radiation. This is not "imagine it is light". Light is radiation. No imagining needed.

Alternatively, you can also play a Peacebringer which has entirely light blast attacks, you just have to tolerate the fact that their powerset is called Luminous Blast.

Again, please consider not being so attached to the powerset name. Consider the animations, power FX etc that best matches the idea you want. Just because the devs used a broad, generic name for the powerset does not mean it cannot represent your concept. This is like complaining that Martial Arts is not good enough for you because you insist on using a powerset called Karate.

Light is radiation, and radiation is... more than light.  Also, the radiation effects look horrible as "imagine it's light."

My problem isn't really the set, it's people dismissing requests by telling them to just use their imagination.  It isn't your job to tell people what they should ask for or to manage disappointment and pretend something else is what they want.  You want that job?  Get on the development team and then tell people what they can't have and how they can half-ass workaround to what they want.  In the meantime, you imagine what you want.  Be supportive or leave it alone.  No one needs anyone's "recolor & pretend its what you want" nonsense.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Player2 said:

Light is radiation, and radiation is... more than light.  Also, the radiation effects look horrible as "imagine it's light."

Then consider a peacebringer, which is as "light" as light gets.

My problem isn't really the set, it's people dismissing requests by telling them to just use their imagination.  It isn't your job to tell people what they should ask for or to manage disappointment and pretend something else is what they want.  You want that job?  Get on the development team and then tell people what they can't have and how they can half-ass workaround to what they want.  In the meantime, you imagine what you want.  Be supportive or leave it alone.  No one needs anyone's "recolor & pretend its what you want" nonsense.

Nope. This is a forum, and we are here to help.  We're happy to volunteer, and we can do the job whether you like it or not. The glacial pace of content releases means it is highly unlikely your desired changes will come out soon, if ever, and as a result there are tons of people here trying to suggest alternatives that will work in the meantime. In any case, the suggestions were originally being made to the OP, not you, and you decided to run out and spit in the faces of those trying to help the OP. This is why people are reacting so negatively towards you.

No one needs anyone's "recolor & pretend its what you want" nonsense.

Not at all. It is very helpful in this specific case, because it is extremely easy to play a light blast character in this game. Perhaps you are taking offense at the general sense of negativity on this forum, but in this specific thread, I have found no cause for your prickliness. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Everlasting, even though I do not RP, as:

Doctor Hadius, Crab Spider (Main) ~ Aeronwen, Rad/Super Strength/Mu Tanker ~ Mortality Black, Time/Dual Pistols/Soul Defender ~ Vextravaganza, Illusion/Dark/Psi Controller ~ Baneframe, Robots/Time/Mace Mastermind ~ Zippy-Zap, Electric Armor/Dark Melee/Soul Tanker ~ Laser Lily, Beam Rifle/Energy Aura/Leviathan Sentinel ~ Nezumiko, Savage Melee/Bio Armor/Mu Stalker

2 minutes ago, Rigged said:

Then consider a peacebringer, which is as "light" as light gets.

Nope. This is a forum, and we are here to help.  We're happy to volunteer, and we can do the job whether you like it or not. The glacial pace of content releases means it is highly unlikely your desired changes will come out soon, if ever, and as a result there are tons of people here trying to suggest alternatives that will work in the meantime. In any case, the suggestions were originally being made to the OP, not you, and you decided to run out and spit in the faces of those trying to help the OP. This is why people are reacting so negatively towards you.

Not at all. It is very helpful in this specific case, because it is extremely easy to play a light blast character in this game. Perhaps you are taking offense at the general sense of negativity on this forum, but in this specific thread, I have found no cause for your prickliness. 

Oh sure, play a peacebringer... where you have no choice in the secondary set.  Fail.  Stop trying to "help" with lame suggestions, because they aren't helpful.  You aren't helpful.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

6 hours ago, Player2 said:

My problem isn't really the set, it's people dismissing requests by telling them to just use their imagination. 

Oddly, I never read any of it as dismissive, just earnest suggestions/workarounds for the meantime. I must be having a oddly positive day today…

On 6/6/2023 at 12:15 PM, UltraAlt said:

Power customization.

Change the color.

The whole problem with color customization is that you have to use a set like poison to have a light set.  I use poison trap like it's a bleach trap, think Mr. Clean.  It would be nice to have a more positive set than using poison or rad sets.  The dark sets already get powers named Soul Consumption to make it feel dark and negative.

4 minutes ago, Spankea said:

The whole problem with color customization is that you have to use a set like poison to have a light set.  I use poison trap like it's a bleach trap, think Mr. Clean.  It would be nice to have a more positive set than using poison or rad sets.  The dark sets already get powers named Soul Consumption to make it feel dark and negative.

I believe empathy can be colored white as well.  Kinetics could also work as a light set.  Forcefield could be a "hard light" set of sorts.

17 minutes ago, biostem said:

I believe empathy can be colored white as well.  Kinetics could also work as a light set.  Forcefield could be a "hard light" set of sorts.

Yes, I use FF in this way but it's only so-so for positivity.  While dark sets get ranged/melee/control/armor and more to choose from.

1 minute ago, Spankea said:

Yes, I use FF in this way but it's only so-so for positivity.  While dark sets get ranged/melee/control/armor and more to choose from.

You are too hung up on the set or power names.  Instead of thinking "light", look to any set that uses energy damage.

On 5/31/2023 at 2:43 PM, Spankea said:

Any possibility of ever making a light set to counter the dark sets?  Dark melee, dark armor, dark affinity, and dark miasma, are a lot of sets to redo into a light or holy sets I know.

Solar / Celestial perhaps?

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

18 minutes ago, biostem said:

You are too hung up on the set or power names.  Instead of thinking "light", look to any set that uses energy damage.

Let me ask you this, could light sets on every AT change the feel of the game?  Dark sets feel more villainous sometimes.

6 minutes ago, Herotu said:

Solar / Celestial perhaps?

Look at the Peacebringer primary set, luminous blast.  It basically consists of radiation blast, energy blast, energy melee, and a smattering of other repurposed attacks...

4 minutes ago, Player2 said:

Broad Sword... let's pretend and call it Light Melee.

You're in luck!  You have several energy sword options.  If you wanted to be truer to the damage type, though, energy melee and radiation melee have you covered.