Minimal FX for all

So my thought here is to add the option for minimal FX on all powers in the game, or at least the particle based ones.
 As an example something like radiation in reality can't really be seen, and there could be any in game reason as to why a player may just want to hide their power effects. 

Thank you for hearing me out 

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 6

I agree! I did find setting the max particle count to the lowest helps A LOT. Here's the setting if you haven't seen it yet:

Menu
Options
Graphics and Audio
Advanced Graphics settings: Enabled
      Max Particle count:100

4 minutes ago, oddrobin said:

I agree! I did find setting the max particle count to the lowest helps A LOT. Here's the setting if you haven't seen it yet:

Menu
Options
Graphics and Audio
Advanced Graphics settings: Enabled
      Max Particle count:100

I would like to be able to filter out certain FX. Like other player's damage numbers.

25 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

I would like to be able to filter out certain FX. Like other player's damage numbers.

Yeah! That would be great! My big visual wish is to let us hide all pet names regardless if they are the default names or the player-given  names. I don't want to see either! Why the pets so special I gotta see their names? 😆

On 6/22/2023 at 12:28 PM, Shiro-Nethermore said:

So my thought here is to add the option for minimal FX on all powers in the game, or at least the particle based ones.
 As an example something like radiation in reality can't really be seen, and there could be any in game reason as to why a player may just want to hide their power effects. 

Thank you for hearing me out 

I super love this idea. I’m about to reroll a /rad armor scrapper because I hate how the effects look. 

I have an Atomic Armor brute and a Bio Armor something, Stalker I think.  Atomic Armor is OK for the first couple of powers but each armor power has it's own, separate effect, and stacking them all up is kind of killing the set.  An option for all powers to share one sfx would be great also.  I could do this by picking one power with a regular SFX and then set the rest to minimal, but I thought I'd point out a different option.  Being able to pick one sfx for the whole powerset would be pretty cool imo.

For Bio the additional geometry on the character is also kind of a pain.  Any "minimal sfx" option should also remove the geometry.

• Thumbs Up 1

Try lowering or turning off bloom effects. Might help a little with brightness. 2 slash commands that might be useful: /bloomscale and /bloomweight

To turn off particles, you can use /noparticles

To make a macro, just type the following into chat and press enter (and replace "noparticles" with whatever command you want).  The above command names are also links to the wiki for more info...

/macro "SFX" "noparticles 1"

P.S. If you want to create a single button to toggle the command on or off, use text macros (or text binds). 

Edited by BlackSpectre

On 6/27/2023 at 1:25 AM, Player2 said:

I like radiation armor... except for it's visual effects.  At higher levels, it's all a big mess.  Radiation doesn't have to be visible and usually isn't, so it doesn't make sense for it to not have a No FX option.

I've learnt the hard way that talking about real-world physics in a game is a quick way to lose a debate. 

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

20 hours ago, Herotu said:

I've learnt the hard way that talking about real-world physics in a game is a quick way to lose a debate. 

I get that. Some people are stubborn. But there's always room to make a little sense, or else we never would have gotten the shining star of Invulnerability to be dimmed and even turned off back on Live because there was no logical reason why being invulnerable meant you had to glow.

• Like 1