Consistent " Rubberbanding " the last few days

Heatstroke

Has anyone else had this issue. I usually run pretty smooth but lately no matter where I am, inside a mission, outside on Excelsior it feels like I am taking 1 step back for every 5 forward. 

Run up click a door... then im not at the door.. 

Turn a corner.. then im back around the corner

have also noticed that the NPC are moving weird and jumpy a little

I watched the Train in Talos and it was stuttering a little too.. rolling forward.. then jumping back.. 

I dont think its my Connection because everything else that I run and any other game I run on the PC is smooth.

Ah.  Well to expand on my answer then,  excel gets problematic on occasion with the volume of players that use the server.  Unless its a problem on one of the hops that your connection follows on its way to the homecoming server and back.  Your connections with other games and services may be unaffected if there is only a problem on that one route.

Edited by TheZag

I've not noticed any drop in performance.  Are you sure some neighbor's not hacking your cable?

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

This never happens in Indomitable! You should check it out, it's wild.

Actually, that's not a bad idea.  I think I've read that not all the shards are on the same server.  If that's accurate, you might test by moving a character to each of the other servers temporarily, and if the rubberbanding continues to happen on other servers, there's a stronger possibility that this issue is happening at your carrier's level rather than the game server.  If, however, tests on other servers don't yield a result, then the problem may be something related to Excelsior's server.  There's probably better tests, this is just a "poor man's" test.

• City Council
9 hours ago, TheZag said:

I think only reunion is housed on a server in another location (europe).  The rest are all in north america somewhere. 

Eastern Canada to be exact

11 hours ago, Heatstroke said:

Has anyone else had this issue. I usually run pretty smooth but lately no matter where I am, inside a mission, outside on Excelsior it feels like I am taking 1 step back for every 5 forward. 

I watched the Train in Talos and it was stuttering a little too.. rolling forward.. then jumping back.. 

I dont think its my Connection because everything else that I run and any other game I run on the PC is smooth.

The usual suggestion for odd network issues is to reboot everything, Modem, Router, and PC, that fixes it 95% of the time.  Otherwise it's going to be an issue between you and the server, and sadly there isn't a lot you or the HC team can do about it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Heatstroke said:

Is the server down right now? i cant get on?

20 hours ago, Heatstroke said:

Yep it's not just you. It was happening quite a bit yesterday (29 Jun).

Might I also suggest that you run a hard deep scan of your PC as well. There is a lot of malware out there, and we can get hit by it even when we think we're totally save, and in fact it can affect even the games we play in some form or another. So do what @Michiyo suggested, but also scan your system as deep as you can. Sometimes it's the littlest of things that can cause issues, even in CoH. 

Please come and join us on Friday at 6pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (6pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

There has been an increase on Excelsior on things being less than optimal in the last few days, though not extremely so from my anecdotal observations.  The variables that could cause this are too many to necessarily narrow down as user end or server end or both really.   

• 2 weeks later
On 6/29/2023 at 12:38 PM, Heatstroke said:

Or my personal favorite, Jump around the corner, aggro, hit nuke... And then wind up where I started, nuking nothing but myself.

Then the mobs come around the corner, baying for blood.

Effing Verizon wireless dialup emulation!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)