Limit how many of a type of thing exists in a spawn (More rikti-focused)

This is more Rikti focused than anything. The only other mobs I can think of that spawn "a lot of the same thing" are Nemesis (Jaegers,) and those at least come with a variety of damage types, so they're not really "the same thing."

What I'm looking at are the spawns of "oops, all monkeys!" and all or nearly all drones.

On the one hand, I get (semi-lore-wise) why this would be - bolstering limited forces with cheap units. Mutating lost animals and building drones makes a degree of sense.

On the other, it makes for (a) boring missions and (b) at times needless frustration. Anything with a pet (or "helpers") is going to hate doing - say - the RWZ missions, since their pets are going to be *constantly* scattering from Rikti monkey gas (and taking away control from a mastermind, and/or aggroing other groups you don't want to aggro yet.) And packs of drones hovering out of reach and firing at you, or (since they fly) *really* scattering quickly... just not fun.

This is a long standing annoyance to me, honestly. Not a major one, and honestly I'm fine with the large packs in the open world - short of hopping on the islands north of Portal, they're avoidable there if you don't want to deal with them.  But in missions, some sort of limiter on this would be nice.

(Side note, at least on the 4th, can we bring back the bug that made the drones just *constantly* explode on death? >.> 🙂 )

• Thumbs Down 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

One thing I've noticed is that the all-monkey spawns (usually with 1 Headman Gunman) appear to be level dependent. I run into them at lower levels but never encounter them at level 50.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

3 hours ago, Uun said:

One thing I've noticed is that the all-monkey spawns (usually with 1 Headman Gunman) appear to be level dependent. I run into them at lower levels but never encounter them at level 50.

That would be RNG. I see them at level 50 too.

It kinda sounds like you guys are thinking of spawns of all monkeys or all drones as something that happens by happenstance? Those were specifically programmed to happen by the devs. Certainly it can be something you find annoying and wish didn't happen, but it is intentional.

55 minutes ago, Vanden said:

It kinda sounds like you guys are thinking of spawns of all monkeys or all drones as something that happens by happenstance? Those were specifically programmed to happen by the devs. Certainly it can be something you find annoying and wish didn't happen, but it is intentional.

You're reading into our comments. Mine, and I think @lemming's, are corrections to @Uun, letting him/her/them know those spawns do still occur at level 50.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Vanden said:

I'm aware it's intentional in many cases (see: all those "The base is being attacked, defend it" in the first RWZ arc, where you can't take a step without stepping on a rikti monkey.)

And that is the point of the "suggestions and feedback" forum - tossing out a request for a change.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.