The mild annoyance of the Troll Rave

JasperStone

I am at that point with my monthly project where the goal is to finish as many badges as I can.

Focused on some Defeat badges yesterday.

Headed to a Troll Rave, initially there alone as it was starting.

Another hero flew in.

Sent an invite, and was accepted.

There were a good number of Ravers, but we waited because we wanted them to go inside for Supa Trolls.

In runs third hero.

SHOOTING EVERYTHING.

And keeps shooting everything

I send an invite. Ignored.

Both of us ask him to stop shooting everything. Ignored.

LOL. 

Why does this one zone event cause this kinda headache?

Yes, more Raves to come.

But ... only got 5 Supa last night.

BUT

More annoyed that I did not think of reporting him

Named his character Oliver J. Queen ..... shooting a bow.

Dang it.

/e poofgone

2 hours ago, JasperStone said:

I am at that point with my monthly project where the goal is to finish as many badges as I can.

Focused on some Defeat badges yesterday.

Headed to a Troll Rave, initially there alone as it was starting.

Another hero flew in.

Sent an invite, and was accepted.

There were a good number of Ravers, but we waited because we wanted them to go inside for Supa Trolls.

In runs third hero.

SHOOTING EVERYTHING.

LOL. 

Yes, more Raves to come.

But ... only got 5 Supa last night.

BUT

More annoyed that I did not think of reporting him

Named his character Oliver J. Queen ..... shooting a bow.

Dang it.

Always seems to be one of these jackasses that shows up. Like the ones that zoom in and start attacking a zone GM while people are still trying to form up a league. Some people never learned it's not all about them 24/7.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

There is also the Raver badge for 50 of the glowing ravers before they turn into Supa Trolls.  So, perhaps he needed just them as it's so easy to find Supa Trolls running through and/or gathered around Skyway after the rave event. 

If you need Supa Trolls still, even if you miss they event, check around the tram and the King's Row gate - those are the two places Supa Trolls run to and gather during the event and hang out for quite a while.

But yes, open world events will cause you to have to deal with selfish people.  

1 minute ago, Frozen Burn said:

There is also the Raver badge for 50 of the glowing ravers before they turn into Supa Trolls.  So, perhaps he needed just them as it's so easy to find Supa Trolls running through and/or gathered around Skyway after the rave event. 

If you need Supa Trolls still, even if you miss they event, check around the tram and the King's Row gate - those are the two places Supa Trolls run to and gather during the event and hang out for quite a while.

It is most likely someone NEW  Or a Troll, but lets assume new

I did come to Blue badging late and someone (on discord) had to slowly talk this old vamp through this rave

Yes, if you know what you are doing you can get both badges in one run.  Yes, if you do not know what you are doing you can screw the Supa Troll badge hard and fast

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Snarky said:

I did come to Blue badging late and someone (on discord) had to slowly talk this old vamp through this rave

Yes, if you know what you are doing you can get both badges in one run.  Yes, if you do not know what you are doing you can screw the Supa Troll badge hard and fast

It is extremely difficult to get both badges in 1 event.  You have to be there right at the start as it takes so long for enough Ravers to become Supas before the event timer runs out, and if you can get 50 of them, it's even more difficult to get an additional 50 Ravers.  I have never seen it done.  Not saying it can't be - It may be possible - but it is EXTREMELY difficult.  Most people find it's easier to get the badges in 2 or 3 events.  Or 1 event (for the ravers) and then just patrolling Skyway at random times for the gathered Supas.

Being an open world event, you will deal with newbies, trolling heroes, and whatever - best not to get panties bunched in a wad for personal sanity reasons.  And I was not excusing any bad behavior on the trolling hero cited. 

But also was just offering the Op some options for collecting Supas as a lot of people also don't know the gathering points afterwards and you can get them even when the event is not going on as it takes a while for them to de-spawn.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

This I understand.

And if you communicate that ...sure. I would have passed on one badge to help them finish the other.

Two of the three people present sent a message and were ignored....

15 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Thinking it was someone new given the name, AT, and costume.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

/e poofgone

6 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

It is extremely difficult to get both badges in 1 event.  You have to be there right at the start as it takes so long for enough Ravers to become Supas before the event timer runs out

The only difficulty is if other idio...players show up.

When badging I keep a window up with event messages.  Step 1 done.  It is not hard to travel in CoH.  There at the start.

2)....You can drop a nuke on the first spawn.  This will up your numbers of minions and have no real impact on Supas.  

3)  Kill Supas and nothing else.

4) after supa badge drops KILL EVERYONE

if idiots show up it can take a while.  2-3 runs.  I have even gotten lucky and randomly found where the Supas run to  they are alive for a bit after the end of the event and get stuck sometimes trying to get to the tram.  You can get a dozen or more!

Edited by Snarky
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, JasperStone said:

Because building a conflict of interest into an open world event was poor design?

I don't know, just a random shot in the dark.

• Haha 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

9 hours ago, JasperStone said:

In runs third hero.

SHOOTING EVERYTHING.

It's at this point, when you realize you're not going to receive Super Trolls to tackle due to his jerk behavior, that one should switch to "If that's the way it's going to be..." mode, and have the team wipe away any chance he has of getting a standard Rave Troll.  Might make him think a bit more next time.  Probably not, but that and inviting everyone to pelt him with snowballs for 10 minutes might ease the pain.

• Like 1

If I need Supas I just wait up north in the normal congregation locations and get them there. TBH I forget about stopping them going in badge most of the time. Im old. Get off my lawn.

• Haha 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty