Non Copyright infringement?

Snarky

I would have submitted a better and more funny one, but I didn't want to get banned lol... 😋

seven-dwarfs-seven-dwarves.gif

Edited by BjorJlen
  • Like 1

Please come and join us on Friday at 6pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (6pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

But in shakespeares time that was middle aged

Actually, quite true and accurate Snarky...

• Like 1

Please come and join us on Friday at 6pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

24 minutes ago, BjorJlen said:

Actually, quite true and accurate Snarky...

Aaargh. Yet another iteration of the misperception about 'average lifespan' in the Middle Ages. No, fourteen was not 'middle aged'. The depressingly low average life expectancy was driven by a truly horrific infant mortality rate. If you have a population of 100 people who are born, and 50 of them die before their first birthday, with the rest living to 60, the 'average life expectancy' is 30. Anyone who survived childhood could expect to live close to as long as people today, with similar percentages of adults living into their 70s and 80s; it was surviving to reach adulthood that was the grim reaper that drove average lifespan into the ground.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Aaargh. Yet another iteration of the misperception about 'average lifespan' in the Middle Ages. No, fourteen was not 'middle aged'. The depressingly low average life expectancy was driven by a truly horrific infant mortality rate. If you have a population of 100 people who are born, and 50 of them die before their first birthday, with the rest living to 60, the 'average life expectancy' is 30. Anyone who survived childhood could expect to live close to as long as people today, with similar percentages of adults living into their 70s and 80s; it was surviving to reach adulthood that was the grim reaper that drove average lifespan into the ground.

so, you are saying the average lifespan was 30.....   and therefore teens are middle aged....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Snarky said:

so, you are saying the average lifespan was 30.....   and therefore teens are middle aged....

No. The average lifespan of any person who made it to past first birthday was about 50. Teens are not, and never were, middle aged.

C'mon Snarky, you're a smart vampire. You understand what he's saying.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

51 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

No. The average lifespan of any person who made it to past first birthday was about 50. Teens are not, and never were, middle aged.

C'mon Snarky, you're a smart vampire. You understand what he's saying.

human brain development "finishes" in the late 20s.  people vote when 18.  in europe STILL the age of consent is below the US.  Everything is cultural and in context.

Yes, I am saying in Shakespeares time these two were of marrying age.  That is not even brought up in the play.

30 may have been average, and people may have lived to 80 (ancient wizards by the times standards)  But in earlier times (In EVERY human culture) when you hit puberty it was time to stand up and lead.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Doesn't the "average lifespan" during that period of history really vary country to country, and perhaps more importantly, class to class? IE the nobles and such had cleaner homes, better food, cleaner water vs those living in poorer conditions and the like?

2 hours ago, Neiska said:

Doesn't the "average lifespan" during that period of history really vary country to country, and perhaps more importantly, class to class? IE the nobles and such had cleaner homes, better food, cleaner water vs those living in poorer conditions and the like?

For the most part, yes. Though as usually in life, there are exceptions...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Neiska said:

As I understand it…sort of.  Part of it was general education.   Even the rich thought taking baths caused diseases.  And as some have pointed out that is a Europe belief, not necessarily a Native American concept.  While the Japanese treasured baths.  A hundred differences like this all based on cultural beliefs, education, and available resources were linked to lower life expectancy.  

But in Shakespeares time being 14-16 would be considered “working adult” age.  As it would it most pre 19th century cultures around the world. Not all, most. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Not even taking into account pre-arranged marriages which could happen as soon as a child was born, by those Kings & Queens in Europe (and other cultures?) for all kinds of reasons...

• Thumbs Up 1

Tis the nature of the beast I am afraid... 😉

18 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Ackchyually / Actually Guy | Know Your Meme

• Haha 2

• Game Master
On 8/21/2023 at 4:33 PM, Snarky said:

As I understand it…sort of.  Part of it was general education.   Even the rich thought taking baths caused diseases.  And as some have pointed out that is a Europe belief, not necessarily a Native American concept.  While the Japanese treasured baths.  A hundred differences like this all based on cultural beliefs, education, and available resources were linked to lower life expectancy.  

But in Shakespeares time being 14-16 would be considered “working adult” age.  As it would it most pre 19th century cultures around the world. Not all, most. 

Not just in Shakespeare's time. My dad left school at 14 and started working. His dad had died and his mom had 9 kids. Someone had to put food on the table.

On 8/23/2023 at 3:19 AM, GM Crumpet said:

My dad left school at 14 and started working. His dad had died and his mom had 9 kids. Someone had to put food on the table.

And it's only relatively recently -- exhibited in the decrease in family size -- have children had their responsibilities mostly reduced to acquiring an education; it used to be (and still is for most farmers) that children would begin to share in the work of supporting the household from quite an early age ('working' even if not actually receiving a wage), and with the spread of industrialization would become a cheaper alternative to hiring adults.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, srmalloy said:

And it's only relatively recently -- exhibited in the decrease in family size -- have children had their responsibilities mostly reduced to acquiring an education; it used to be (and still is for most farmers) that children would begin to share in the work of supporting the household from quite an early age ('working' even if not actually receiving a wage), and with the spread of industrialization would become a cheaper alternative to hiring adults.

Yea, I spent my youth doing a lot of chores as an only child on a small farm.  I was using a chainsaw at the age of 10.

• Like 1