alpha abilities for Doms

Snarky

It is probably a bit different for each powerset. 

For my new Dom I looked it over.  As a Mind/Dark with a LOT of global recharge and perma I decided Intuition Radial Paragon.  This gives +33% hold ans Damage, and a buff to Darks To-Hit Debuffs, 20%  Plus a Range buff 20%.  All these looked like the best package I could find.

What are some other gems you guys have found? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

All of the ones mentioned earlier can be very good. Musculature core or radial are also reasonable picks for quite a few builds. 

For some builds cardiac is almost essential to function unless the psi secondary is taken or a mastery offering an endurance management power is selected.  For example, an ice / ice / psi dom will tend to have a hefty end drain from toggles and taking cardiac can be an appealing way to try to manage that. 

• Like 3

For my earth/psi/psi

Resilient radial is best when I fight groups

Stun (stalag, psw), immob, absorb (spirit ward), tohit buffs, and resistance *

Cardiac Radial when just one AV cause drain psyche isn't quite enough with just one target

*the resistance buff of course boost my shield and rune of protection,  but also boosts the resistance of melee hybrid and barrier.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, EnjoyTheJourney said:

For some builds cardiac is almost essential to function

One thing I've noticed is that since I tend to use generic IOs in my "leveling builds", end issues may become prevalent, since my usual attack slotting is 2 acc, 3 dmg, then a recharge, but once I get into slotting IO sets, which in turn almost always include some end redux, any such issues go away, (and that's before you consider any additional recovery or further end discounts that any such sets generally grant as well).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, biostem said:

One thing I've noticed is that since I tend to use generic IOs in my "leveling builds", end issues may become prevalent, since my usual attack slotting is 2 acc, 3 dmg, then a recharge, but once I get into slotting IO sets, which in turn almost always include some end redux, any such issues go away, (and that's before you consider any additional recovery or further end discounts that any such sets generally grant as well).

On my current build I just ran a kill most LGTF. During extremely constant fighting my end bar was depleted very regularly just as perma dom clicked back on and refilled.  Wasnt pkanned but is sure nice

Edited by Snarky
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/20/2023 at 1:16 AM, Snarky said:

It is probably a bit different for each powerset. 

For my new Dom I looked it over.  As a Mind/Dark with a LOT of global recharge and perma I decided Intuition Radial Paragon.  This gives +33% hold ans Damage, and a buff to Darks To-Hit Debuffs, 20%  Plus a Range buff 20%.  All these looked like the best package I could find.

What are some other gems you guys have found? 

intuition radial paragon is what i went for on my mind/fire/ice too. a great all rounder for a dom

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 10:44 PM, EnjoyTheJourney said:

All of the ones mentioned earlier can be very good. Musculature core or radial are also reasonable picks for quite a few builds. 

For some builds cardiac is almost essential to function unless the psi secondary is taken or a mastery offering an endurance management power is selected.  For example, an ice / ice / psi dom will tend to have a hefty end drain from toggles and taking cardiac can be an appealing way to try to manage that. 

Ice/Psi I think can run without the need of Cardiac as Drain Psyche helps out a massive amount and perma-dom will give a refresh for you. I cannot say how Artic Air and other secondaries would handle.

For my Dom, I use Intuition, it is a good jack-of-all trades for Dominator hitting a lot of stuff Doms want to enhance. Any other holes are filled up by Destiny Barrier now to cap out the last bit of resistance.

Psicy Chill - Ice/Psi/Psi | Sive Ni Brielan - Plant/Earth/Fire | Elemental Elder Lord - Earth/Fire/Fire | Selinia Baneheart - Dark/Therm/Fire | Mylia Stenetch - Necro/Dark/Soul | Radiated Shot - Rad/Arch/Mace | Nameless Witch - Storm/Water/Mu | Phantom Racer - Fire/Cold/Scorp | Neera Darkspar - Beam/Temp/Soul | Neera Etra - Dark/SR | Shieldbreaker - Elec/Shield/Mu | Frozen Tombstress Ice/Rad/Ice | Subliminal Darkness - Psi/Dark/Psi | Mirana Darkblade - Katana/Regen/Soul | Máistir Fiach - SoA Huntmaster | Night Reaver - SoA Widow | Sweet Senpai - SoA Bane

On 8/19/2023 at 10:34 PM, biostem said:

I can't fathom not slotting for end reduc in a build. Attacks use the most endurance. ST attacks are 1 acc, 1 end, 3 damage, with an optional recharge. AoE is 2 acc with skipping the recharge.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Intuition is a nice one.  I also like Agility for the recharge and defense for all of my low slotted defense powers, I build that recharge around the proc'able powers and the rest of my powers are well served with that recharge.  Nerve radial is another good one it covers just about all controls.  On my Mind/Dark dom I believe I might have Vigor Radial, I think it has some control enhancing as well.  

There's definitely some unique combos out there.