Game Only Launches Once

Athénaïs

I installed the game for the first time on this PC set-up, and launched the game once from the installation window/launcher right after installation. The second time I tried to launch the game from the desktop shortcut, I got an error that the code can't run because "VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found." I reinstalled the game, and got the exact same situation.

homecomingbug.JPG.ab68dcb38b8964997c1f529e2bfdb97f.JPG

Do I have to reinstall everything else? Last time I played I used Tequila, I guess I misread the instructions this time.

Thanks for the reply!

Edit: Trying to run Tequila just added an error (it still gave me the old one, too.)

homecomingbug2.JPG

Edited by Athénaïs

22 hours ago, Athénaïs said:

I installed the game for the first time on this PC set-up, and launched the game once from the installation window/launcher right after installation. The second time I tried to launch the game from the desktop shortcut, I got an error that the code can't run because "VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found." I reinstalled the game, and got the exact same situation.

homecomingbug.JPG.ab68dcb38b8964997c1f529e2bfdb97f.JPG

14 hours ago, Athénaïs said:

Do I have to reinstall everything else? Last time I played I used Tequila, I guess I misread the instructions this time.

Thanks for the reply!

Edit: Trying to run Tequila just added an error (it still gave me the old one, too.)

homecomingbug2.JPG

Both of these are indicating a problem with Visual C++ Redistributable.

https://download.microsoft.com/download/9/3/F/93FCF1E7-E6A4-478B-96E7-D4B285925B00/vc_redist.x64.exe

https://download.microsoft.com/download/9/3/F/93FCF1E7-E6A4-478B-96E7-D4B285925B00/vc_redist.x86.exe

I'm guessing that you need the x64 package, since you have 64-bit highlighted in one of the screenshots.  Presuming that's correct, download from the first link and install that, and see if it allows the game to launch.

• Like 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

24 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Both of these are indicating a problem with Visual C++ Redistributable.

https://download.microsoft.com/download/9/3/F/93FCF1E7-E6A4-478B-96E7-D4B285925B00/vc_redist.x64.exe

https://download.microsoft.com/download/9/3/F/93FCF1E7-E6A4-478B-96E7-D4B285925B00/vc_redist.x86.exe

I'm guessing that you need the x64 package, since you have 64-bit highlighted in one of the screenshots.  Presuming that's correct, download from the first link and install that, and see if it allows the game to launch.

That absolutely seems to have done the trick right away! Thank you!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, lemming said:

Should be noted: Don't run Tequila, use the newer Homecoming Launcher.

Yeah, I tried the new Launcher at first, and now that's what I'm going to use since it works with Luminara's fix. I might have installed the game twice by trying Tequila, though. Whoops!

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 6:49 PM, jojoma said:

You have to download Tequila

Tequila and the variants like it (AFAIK) are unsupported. That's one reason why the HC launcher exists.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)