New version of MidsReborn is out!

It would be nice if we could simply do an update from the previous version.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

All I know is that its the first thing I am doing when I get home from work.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

12 minutes ago, Captain Fabulous said:

How hard is it to double click the installer?

Two clicks in the app is always faster that going to the website and getting it from there. It is all the more so odd to check for updates and the app says there are none when clearly there is one.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Oh yeah, a lot of bugs smoothed out.  much better.  Export is so much improved including data chunk.  Secksi time is coming.  Thanks to all on the Mids Reborn project for their hard work and seemingly infinite patience with all of us.

fistful of dollars hat Hot Sale - OFF 72%

Please Note:  Using Windows 7 on a Laptop that might be 10 years old.

Edited by High_Beam
Added System Base for clarity
  • Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

I use MidsReborn under Wine on Linux it worked well enough until this release 3.6.5.3 and new requirements for .NET 6.0.

Tried Mono at first, then figured out winetricks needed an update to be able to install dotnet6 or dotnetdesktop6 (unsure which of these is really required yet). Not gotten past the stage of MidsReborn crashing on startup. Reverted to the previous version of MidsReborn for now, until the issue is figured out.

Really depend on MidsReborn without it cannot play Homecoming so thanks for keeping it alive.

I loathe Windows and M$ with a passion and .NET causes me despair!

Still can't slot a regular set of ATOs in a power, flip it to the alternate and slot the superior set (which worked until they started "improving" the mutual exclusivity system).  The workaround is going into every ATO in the enhancement editor and setting the mutex group to None.  That has to be done to every ATO (all 312 of them), every time the database is updated.

Can't adjust level on slotted ATOs with this update because they made the mutual exclusivity function even more aggressive.  There's no workaround for this, either, not even setting mutex to None, the enhancement has to be removed and re-slotted.  For those of us who use Mids' to reflect in-game build progress, this is a show-stopper.

Temp powers toggle off every time an enhancement is slotted.

Enhancements shown when slotting no longer grey out unless they're slotted in other powers.  They're apparently replacing that with a "Used" notation in the upper right corner of the enhancement info pop-up... which isn't visible if pop-ups are turned off...

Numerous sentinel *PP powers still use the same guesstimations as when they were first added, 4+ years ago (look at Elec Mastery -> Paralyzing Jolt for an example).  Rooted and Sprint are still set to be mutually exclusive at all times (that was changed in the game almost two years ago, Sprint is only toggled off if Granite Armor is active).  The Raptor Pack temp power shows 0.2 endurance/second, when it's actually 0.57 (there was a standardization pass for temp travel powers when the travel power updates were done over two years ago).  Numerous powers which use redirects, pseudo-pets and Grant Power don't even show their effects (Brimstone Armor's DoT chance, to give an example of this obfuscation, is non-existent.  it's there in Mids', as a Grant Power, but it doesn't actually do anything).  From what I can discern, the entire database infrastructure was updated to use the same tools used by CoD, hypothetically so it could be quickly and easily updated every time the game was updated... but examples like these indicate that they're not using those tools to automate updates, they just used it once to import some data (because we really need all of those costume defs and cosmetic pet defs and test power defs and unused power defs and...) and went back to manual edits.

The Bold checkbox for Power, in config, does nothing but cause the info panel to shift upward and obscure the powers on the bottom of the list.  The cluster of buttons at the top center of the main window is an eyesore (there's plenty of room to spread those fuckers out into a line).  Scrolling the mouse wheel focuses on the info panel and allows the user to quickly read a power's description... until the user has added a few accolades/temp powers/Incarnates, at which point empty space is added to the bottom of the window and a scroll bar appears, so instead of scrolling the info panel, the powers are scrolled.  Some of the attrib placements in the info panel shift around from power to power, like Cast Time, forcing the user to hunt for information.  Editing the temp powers displayed still causes an unhandled exception (you're stuck with what's pre-packaged in the Temp Powers window, which doesn't include some useful things, like the Increase Recovery empowerment buff).

I know the old lay "Progress can be painful" is applicable here, and sometimes shit has to get worse before it gets better, but some of that "better" needs to start happening to hold my interest.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Minor problem I had/have...I have a habit of opening the "view totals" window as soon as I open app to move it to the side. However when I did this it locked up on me, Nothing was clickable any more I had to go to task manager to end task. 

Tried it multiple times same thing every time. My guess is the "update check" pop-up is interfering. Which honestly makes no sense since app will not update itself.

Also why is app known as "PerPixelAlpha" in the Task Manager??

perpixel.thumb.png.cdae34235d9128f40ac931adc9f43d00.png

Edited by SuperPlyx

• 3 weeks later

MRB 3.6.6.3 works on Linux now, if anyone is interested?

Arch Linux with kernel 6.5.3

wine-staging 8.15-2

winetricks-git 20230212

$ winetricks -q corefonts dotnetdesktop6

$ wine MRB_Setup3663.exe

Font segoe is required found here: https://github.com/mrbvrz/segoe-ui-linux

Copy files from font folder to $WINEPREFIX/drive_c/windows/Fonts/

I was worried newest versions of MRB would stop working on Linux miraculously/randomly works now.

Edited by Digirium