The Shadow Knows

smnolimits43

20 minutes ago, smnolimits43 said:

Not sure if you've all seen the Shadow, with Alec Baldwin.  I'm thinking of creating Dual Pistols/Psi character.  I still have to come up with a cool name.

I made my own version - a dual pistols/ninjitsu sentinel.  Take psionic mastery if you really want to round out the theme;  Mass hypnosis, dominate, psychic shockwave, and link minds all fit.

For reference, "The Umbral Hawk":

umbral hawk1.jpg

Edited by biostem
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, smnolimits43 said:

Not sure if you've all seen the Shadow, with Alec Baldwin.  I'm thinking of creating Dual Pistols/Psi character.  I still have to come up with a cool name.

Great movie!  Been a long time since i've seen it - i'll have to rewatch.  

DP/Psy is a great combo and can be a PBAOE beast.  It's one of my favorite blasters.  I went an original concept instead of an homage.  But again, the combo is really awesome and fun to play. 

Kiska Nikolaevna

Yekaterina Nikolaevna Pushkareva (aka Kiska) was born in a small Russian town and showed great mental abilities as a child. The FSB took Kiska and put her in an old KGB program named “Psy-Knife,” which develops assets for espionage, counterintelligence, and military applications. Russia now secretly uses the program to also combat threats of meta-humans, aliens, and the paranormal.

Psy-Kife subjected Kiska to extreme conditions to grow her psychic and parapsychological abilities and rigorously trained her in martial arts, all manner of weapons, and espionage. She was a top pupil, but secretly hated her government for ripping her away from her family and vowed vengeance.

At age 16 on her first mission, Kiska glimpsed into the near future and found her opening to escape. With the enraged FSB constantly on her trail, she eventually became a mercenary for hire, but only taking jobs against those who threaten innocents. The Knives of Artemis even tried to have Kiska join their ranks, but Kiska refused and they have taken the contract to eliminate her instead.

Still on the run and using her psychic abilities to stay steps ahead of her pursuers, Kiska enacts revenge on her Russian captors while dealing her own sense of justice to anyone who oppresses others.

1087486288_Kiska1.jpg.194dbb8cf1f7b108673dde1fef53f69a.jpg879524232_Kiska3.jpg.d412fc26f2cb44726d4926eb799c0501.jpg740054677_Kiska2.jpg.bf2d8bea78c4a04c5235f94b74606794.jpg1701459520_Kiska4.jpg.7ced763bb8695f07642fb71872b28971.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, biostem said:

I made my own version - a dual pistols/ninjitsu sentinel.  Take psionic mastery if you really want to round out the theme;  Mass hypnosis, dominate, psychic shockwave, and link minds all fit.

For reference, "The Umbral Hawk":

umbral hawk1.jpg

Likewise, I have something similar. DP/Nin Sentinel named "The Phantom Fear". Combat teleport is fun to throw into the mix as well.

Screenshot 2023-09-13 153904.png

• Like 2

Wasn't this originally an old radio show where The Shadow was basically a detective whose superpower was to turn invisible?

I always thought it would be an enormous curse to know what people do when they think they're alone. I do think there are some genuinely good people out there, but I sure wouldn't want to know the numbers...

• Like 1

I'm more of a fan of the Radio drama than the Movie.  Among the names that were originally considered were "The Inspector" or "The Sleuth".  For the Radio Show, the narrator was initially voiced by James LaCurto and later by Frank Readick Jr.  William B. Gibson writing as Maxwell Grant wrote 282 out of 325 of the Shadow Magazine stories.  Maybe a play on those names.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 12:42 AM, smnolimits43 said:

I think this is public domain soon. 

As a kid I vaguely remember a show called defenders of the earth.

Tbh all I remember is the chorus from the intro. 

DOTE1.jpg

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?