The Homecoming of HeroStats

Version 7.3.0.0

New Features:

- Added global option (Options tab) "Auto-adjust game client window" to allow the in-game always-on-top window to work even when CoH is in full-screen mode. This is off by default, since it works by adjusting the game client window width (to one pixel wider than desktop) and I don't want to do that to anyone who hasn't explicitly allowed it.

- Added hero option (In-Game tab) "Show pet buffs received" which will cause your in-game buff list to include buffs that target your pets. This is off by default.

- Added global option (new Fonts tab) "In-game window font size" which does exactly what it says.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/herostats/files/HeroStats%20-%20Stable/v7.3.0.0/

Can we get the option for a larger font in Hero Stats?

Check out the new in-game window option and let me know what you think! At some point I'll probably do the main window also, just a matter of making the time.

Is it just me or does "always on top" not work for the ingame window?

We have a solution! Special thanks to @Koosemose who discovered the weird workaround and provided some sample code that I've incorporated. There's no actual change to how HeroStats works, but Koosemose discovered that if you set your full-screen CoH game client window to one pixel wider than your desktop size, then the existing always-on-top functionality works. So I added an option to force that change to the game client window whenever you put HeroStats into in-game window mode. It's a workaround, but it's worked for me, hopefully it works for everyone else too!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pardon if this has been suggested already, but is there a way to get HeroStats to track recipe/salvage drops?

View->Drops

It's not a great user interface, as all the drops are treated the same...recipes, salvage, Vanguard merits, regular enhancements...but at least it gives you a count.

Pardon if this has been suggested already, but is there a way to get HeroStats to track recipe/salvage drops?

View->Drops

It's not a great user interface, as all the drops are treated the same...recipes, salvage, Vanguard merits, regular enhancements...but at least it gives you a count.

Thanks! Apparently I'm blind.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/herostats/files/HeroStats%20-%20Stable/v7.4.0.0/

Version 7.4.0.0

Bug Fixes:

- The update check functionality is back! Fresh HeroStats installs will check for updates automatically by default. You may need to go into the global options and enable automatic checking if you have an older installation. You can always check for updates manually using Help->Check for Updates.

• Like 1

https://sourceforge.net/projects/herostats/files/HeroStats%20-%20Stable/v7.4.1.0/

Version 7.4.1.0

New Features:

- New hero options to turn off XP and XP rate display in the in-game window (on the hero config In-Game tab).

- Split hero options to show influence and prestige in the in-game window (on the hero config In-Game tab) so they can be set individually.

Bug Fixes:

- Fixed in-game window timer display width calculations to avoid cut-off power names and times greater than 10 minutes.

- Set both buff and recharge timers to always display in mm:ss format for consistency.

- Fixed rare crash when there is a question mark in the current character name.

Remember, you can get notification of new updates with version 7.4.0.0 and higher! Just go into the Global Options and enable automatic version checking.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/herostats/files/HeroStats%20-%20Stable/v7.4.2.0/

Version 7.4.2.0

Bug Fixes:

- Fixed a bug causing in-game window buff timers for non-pet powers to fail when "Show pet buffs received" is off.

- Fixed display issue for existing in-game window timers when adjusting font size.

- Fixed cut-off numbers on last XP display on the in-game window.

Thank you for bringing this back. I havent played with HeroStats since I first started to play CoH way back right around when COV first came out. Then i got a new computer and just never downloaded it after that. I like how it can tell me how long it will be until I level up. Also how long the inspirations are going to last. Play the game in window view is actually a good thing for me. It was not much difference. Again thank you.

• 2 weeks later

Anyone have good use-case examples for the graph tabs? I personally enjoy having the 'experience remaining' on a graph and use the steepness of the graph as my personal measure of how well I'm doing when I'm focused on leveling.  

I'm curious if anyone found the health / endurance / damage plots useful...and if so, what situations were you using them in that they gave good insight?

On 6/28/2019 at 12:09 PM, ineffablebob said:

Version 7.3.0.0

New Features:

- Added global option (Options tab) "Auto-adjust game client window" to allow the in-game always-on-top window to work even when CoH is in full-screen mode. This is off by default, since it works by adjusting the game client window width (to one pixel wider than desktop) and I don't want to do that to anyone who hasn't explicitly allowed it.

Thank you SO MUCH for restoring this great app!

I can't seem to get this up and running again. It gets random bits like origin and archetype but is missing parts like powersets and powers. It seems to be reading chat (from the HSData channel) but certain data isn't being grabbed out of it and the in-game windows displays no information. It just reads "0 Exp, 0 Exp/Hr, --:-- To Level" with the timer counting up and no buffs/cooldowns shown.

I've tried a few different things in the settings to no avail. Running it as admin makes no difference. I use normal (bordered) windowed mode. Only other thing I run with the game is VidiotMaps. Any ideas?

On 8/8/2019 at 10:31 AM, dignition said:

I can't seem to get this up and running again. It gets random bits like origin and archetype but is missing parts like powersets and powers. It seems to be reading chat (from the HSData channel) but certain data isn't being grabbed out of it and the in-game windows displays no information. It just reads "0 Exp, 0 Exp/Hr, --:-- To Level" with the timer counting up and no buffs/cooldowns shown.

I've tried a few different things in the settings to no avail. Running it as admin makes no difference. I use normal (bordered) windowed mode. Only other thing I run with the game is VidiotMaps. Any ideas?

A few basic questions:

- Which version of HeroStats? Make sure you've got the latest from https://sourceforge.net/projects/herostats/

- Which CoH server are you on?

- If you do View->Chat Messages (after being logged in long enough for some messages to come through the HSData channel), does it show anything?

- Which channels are on your HSData tab?

- Which fields are filled in when you do View -> Show Hero Information?

Might be able to figure it out with some of this info!

Hey Bob,

Thanks for the reply. Let me run through these questions:

- Which version of HeroStats? Make sure you've got the latest from https://sourceforge.net/projects/herostats/

7.4.2.1 downloaded on 7/31/19

- Which CoH server are you on?

Excelsior

- If you do View->Chat Messages (after being logged in long enough for some messages to come through the HSData channel), does it show anything?

The chat messages are all showing up 1 for 1. That's what's really puzzling to me. Here's a screenshot showing the HSData tab, chat messages, and the overlay window.

1hv6a04.png

- Which channels are on your HSData tab?

I followed a link you provided earlier in this thread. Here are the categories:

• Combat Warnings
  • Damage Inflicted
  • Hit Rolls
  • General Combat
  • Damaged Received
  • Healing Received
  • Healing Delivered
  • Pet Damage Inflicted
  • Pet Hit Rolls
  • Pet Combat
  • Pet Damage Received
  • Pet Healing Received
  • Rewards
  • System

- Which fields are filled in when you do View -> Show Hero Information?

Here's another SS:

Ctnfqlp.png

Hope that helps! 

It looks like the scanner is working fine, based on the Hero Information tab and everything that's in your chat message log. So it must be something with how HeroStats is processing your messages. The simplest way to check that is to try resetting HeroStats to base configuration. Shut it down, then go into your HeroStats directory and delete your HeroStatsConfig.xml and HeroConfigurations.xml files. That will delete the hero and global options, so next time HeroStats starts up you'll get the default values. Hopefully that works, and then you can go ahead and change any options that you want.

• Like 1

Still no dice unfortunately. I tried that and there was no change. I then tried a fresh uninstall/reinstall, deleting the HeroStats folder in Program Files (x86). Still nothing. I hadn't really changed much about the hero configuration anyway. I'll keep tinkering and let you know if I figure anything out. If you want me to try something else, let me know. Thanks again!

That is just incredibly weird, never seen that before with the setup you have. You could try removing the "HSData" tab name from the Hero Options, which will make HeroStats try to read from other tabs. Only other thing I can think of is maybe deleting your HSData tab, restart the game, then recreate it and restart HeroStats.

If you want to keep trying to troubleshoot, you can also try changing the logging (in the global options) to Debug. Play for a few minutes then attach the HSLogFile here (zipped if it's too big), maybe I'll see something that will make sense.

19 hours ago, ineffablebob said:

That is just incredibly weird, never seen that before with the setup you have. You could try removing the "HSData" tab name from the Hero Options, which will make HeroStats try to read from other tabs. Only other thing I can think of is maybe deleting your HSData tab, restart the game, then recreate it and restart HeroStats.

If you want to keep trying to troubleshoot, you can also try changing the logging (in the global options) to Debug. Play for a few minutes then attach the HSLogFile here (zipped if it's too big), maybe I'll see something that will make sense.

Alright so here's what I did:

• Close out of CoH and Tequila
  • Load HS and enable debug logging
  • Boot up CoH and login
  • Create HSData tab
  • Make sure a few chat messages are appearing in HS

In the log file, the process gets loaded here:

2019-08-10 11:21:24,840 [8] DEBUG CityOfHeroes.MemlocFinder - Found process ID 2680

I've attached a number of files that were last modified in the program directory. One of them is from yesterday. There's also Clade's HSD file. Let me know if you'd like anything else.

dignitionHSLogs.zip

3 hours ago, dignition said:

I've attached a number of files that were last modified in the program directory. One of them is from yesterday. There's also Clade's HSD file. 

Thank you for sending that info over, that allowed me to find the problem! You're using the new beta feature to add timestamps to chat messages, and that's confusing HeroStats. If you turn those off, it should go back to normal.

I will definitely be making an update that works with those new messages! Keep an eye out for it!

3 hours ago, Derek Icelord said:

If I could make a small feature request: the ability to disable recharge tracking/timers, since we can now see that in game.

Good news, this already exists! In the Hero Options, go to the Timers tab, and uncheck the Recharge Timers option. This is a per-character setting so you'll need to do it once for each character you have, but if you do it on the "_default" character then it will also take effect for any new characters you create.