Willpower: Heightened Senses

BrandX

16 hours ago, BrandX said:

What would defense getting nerfed have to do with adding psi resist, when most psi attacks do just psi damage?

Point is those sets lost something, so they got something. Electric Armor didn’t lose anything. Likewise, you’ll have to lose something if you want this Willpower buff.

Edited by arcane

3 minutes ago, arcane said:

Point is those sets lost something, so they got something. Electric Armor didn’t lose anything. Likewise, you’ll have to lose something if you want this Willpower buff.

They didn't lose anything.  The defense is still there.  They just didn't get to rely on one specific defense for everything.  Now I'm curious on it too, did WP get a Psi Resist buff with the loss of their defense with the defense change?

On 9/19/2023 at 2:35 PM, biostem said:

Of all the armor sets that need improving, I'd argue that Willpower is way toward the bottom.  That being said, the lion's share of the S/L resistance comes from mind over body, not heightened senses...

I've got to agree with this. WIllpower's such a hands-off, don't-need-to-think-about-it set. I don't do "builds," I'm not perma-anything capped-anything (at least on purpose) and my WP characters are still exceptionally durable, to where I have to check the map and make sure I haven't split off at some point if I notice my teammates not around.

• Thumbs Up 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, BrandX said:

Now I'm curious on it too, did WP get a Psi Resist buff with the loss of their defense with the defense change?

WP didn't lose anything. It always had psi resist in Mind Over Body and psi defense in Indomitable Will.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 9/19/2023 at 3:35 PM, biostem said:

Of all the armor sets that need improving, I'd argue that Willpower is way toward the bottom.  That being said, the lion's share of the S/L resistance comes from mind over body, not heightened senses...

On 9/21/2023 at 12:04 PM, Greycat said:

I've got to agree with this. WIllpower's such a hands-off, don't-need-to-think-about-it set. I don't do "builds," I'm not perma-anything capped-anything (at least on purpose) and my WP characters are still exceptionally durable, to where I have to check the map and make sure I haven't split off at some point if I notice my teammates not around.

I'll add my voice to this chorus. For a while, my Street Justice/Willpower Scrapper was also leveraging Unrelenting, pretty much so that I'd have a reason to monitor the Health bar. This choice ended up not being worth the power picks or slots, so I haven't missed it after respec.

• Thumbs Up 1