Symphony Control Mod

Solarverse

I know a lot of people do not visit the Tools forum but do use the Modder Tool. This is the latest from my collection for the many people who have been requesting this since this power set was implemented. I finally gave in and made it happen. Special Thanks to @Michiyo for helping me find those camouflaged files, I kept overlooking them and without Michiyo, I may have given up and this would not be a mod today.

5 hours ago, Solarverse said:

I know a lot of people do not visit the Tools forum but do use the Modder Tool. This is the latest from my collection for the many people who have been requesting this since this power set was implemented. I finally gave in and made it happen. Special Thanks to @Michiyo for helping me find those camouflaged files, I kept overlooking them and without Michiyo, I may have given up and this would not be a mod today.

Where on earth were they hiding?

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

9 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Where on earth were they hiding?

The Enemies folder. They were the TOV files. I would have never even thought to check those...and I scanned with my eye those very files, but never bothered playing them to see.

I've never really used mods so this raises a couple of questions.

As it stands those clips would annoy the living daylights out of me, though I respect the intention of the OP/Modder

If you mod something like the sounds, would those sounds be heard by every PC in that encounter, or simply the person who's modded the files?

Can those sound clips be changed by players? Personally I fancy a bit of Coltrane or Davis and maybe a bit of Ornette Coleman or Charles Mingus for the higher damaging powers 🎶

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

2 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

I've never really used mods so this raises a couple of questions.

As it stands those clips would annoy the living daylights out of me, though I respect the intention of the OP/Modder

If you mod something like the sounds, would those sounds be heard by every PC in that encounter, or simply the person who's modded the files?

Only you and anyone else who had the mod.

2 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Can those sound clips be changed by players? Personally I fancy a bit of Coltrane or Davis and maybe a bit of Ornette Coleman or Charles Mingus for the higher damaging powers 🎶

Yes, they can be changed to anything you desire.

53 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

Yes, they can be changed to anything you desire.

Now that sounds like the mod to own them all!

Anything I desire... anything at all? /em eyebrow wiggle and moustache twirl

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

1 hour ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Now that sounds like the mod to own them all!

Anything I desire... anything at all? /em eyebrow wiggle and moustache twirl

Yep, which is why any MM Bots walk around sounding like rubber duckies instead of tromp-tromp-tromp, Demon Lt's giggle like 6mo infants and my team mates knows when I say "Box of hyenas!" there's a glowie nearby.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

11 hours ago, Solarverse said:

The Enemies folder. They were the TOV files. I would have never even thought to check those...and I scanned with my eye those very files, but never bothered playing them to see.

Like you, I looked in there but never actually played the files. Slackers.

17 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Yep, which is why any MM Bots walk around sounding like rubber duckies instead of tromp-tromp-tromp, Demon Lt's giggle like 6mo infants and my team mates knows when I say "Box of hyenas!" there's a glowie nearby.

oooh... so can we change sounds per character?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

No, whatever sounds you change will be universal. If it sounds like rain on one character, it will sound like rain on all of them unless you swap out the file with another sound bite.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Solarverse said:
6 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

No, whatever sounds you change will be universal. If it sounds like rain on one character, it will sound like rain on all of them unless you swap out the file with another sound bite.

This also does not affect just your characters, but anyone playing the same powerset. That's why a team of Bots MM's rolling is so pancaking hilarious.

• Thanks 1

On 9/24/2023 at 8:39 AM, Oubliette_Red said:

Yep, which is why any MM Bots walk around sounding like rubber duckies instead of tromp-tromp-tromp,

I'd be happy with just getting a mod that replaced all of the 'clang clang clang' footsteps on the various terrain types with thumping ones; it's like the Paragon Studios devs never heard of the concept of padded nonskid foot covers for the bots so they're not announcing themselves to everyone in earshot.

2 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

I'd be happy with just getting a mod that replaced all of the 'clang clang clang' footsteps on the various terrain types with thumping ones; it's like the Paragon Studios devs never heard of the concept of padded nonskid foot covers for the bots so they're not announcing themselves to everyone in earshot.

You just need to locate an appropriate sfx and replace the stock sfx, that's what I did with mine. I also decreased the volume on both Bots and Demon Lt's since they are so frequent.

3 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

You just need to locate an appropriate sfx and replace the stock sfx,

Getting a replacement sound isn't the problem;it's identifying all the different footstep sfx for the different terrain types (i.e., for characters, there are different sounds for footsteps on pavement and footsteps on wood, just to list two).

6 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

Getting a replacement sound isn't the problem;it's identifying all the different footstep sfx for the different terrain types (i.e., for characters, there are different sounds for footsteps on pavement and footsteps on wood, just to list two).

It is difficult and it will be difficult, however, having said that, your search for the right location will not be because they will all be in the same folder. The directory will be Piggs/Sound/Ogg/Feet

Even the Bots are there and those will be easy to find since they are all called something similar. File name for one of them is MM_Bot_Loco_Stop_05.ogg

They will all be similar to that one. So if Bots are the only ones you are looking for, that will be super easy.

Edited by Solarverse

40 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

I may have missed some (oh and even numbers are usually for right foot and odd for left foot, if you want to go that far):

\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_CATWALK_01
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_CATWALK_02
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_CATWALK_03
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_CATWALK_04
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_CATWALK_05
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_CATWALK_06
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_CATWALK_07
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_CATWALK_08
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_CATWALK_09
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_CATWALK_10
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_CATWALK_SWEETENER_01
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_CATWALK_SWEETENER_02
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_CATWALK_SWEETENER_03
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_CATWALK_SWEETENER_04
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_METALPLATE_01
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_METALPLATE_02
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_METALPLATE_03
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_METALPLATE_04
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_METALPLATE_05
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_METALPLATE_06
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_METALPLATE_07
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_METALPLATE_08
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_METALPLATE_09
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_METALPLATE_10
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_METAL_01
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_METAL_02
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_METAL_03
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_METAL_04
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_METAL_05
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_METAL_06
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_METAL_07
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_METAL_08
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_METAL_09
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_METAL_10
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_METAL_SWEETENER_01
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_METAL_SWEETENER_02
\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_METAL_SWEETENER_03

\DATA\SOUND\OGG\FEET\FF_METAL_SWEETENER_04

Edited by Oubliette_Red