Kin/SR or MA/SR

liveevil2000

The problem with holding out is that unless you know a fix is coming in the next update, you might be waiting for up to 6 months for a fix.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Honestly IMHO I think both are kinda meh. Not that I dislike them, but neither really grabs me.

One thing Kin has in its favor are the multiple ranged attacks that MA doesn't have. So that's definitely useful. I would say try both for a bit and see which you like better. Some find all the hand-waving in Kin to be annoying after awhile.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, liveevil2000 said:

I'm leaning more Kinetics, but Martial Arts just grabs me too.

During my /Regen testing, I leveled up a Kin/Regen.   Kin took some getting used to, but I found it was decent damage and added a ton of survivability for /Regen on account of all the knockdown (plus I slotted the ranged cone attack with Overwhelming Fear).   In truth, I don't think all the Knockdown is all that helpful for /SR.   /SR wants to end a fight as quickly as possible.  /Regen wants to string it out.  If you can get past the animation and the sounds effects, Kin is an interesting set to play.   However, I think MA looks way cooler.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hands down MA/SR.

Why:

• Better Damage Per Animation
  • Better Powers for loading procs
  • A first class PBAoE
  • An actual build-up power
  • A much better bonus on the T9 attack.

And that's really saying something because MA isn't great on Scraps. It's good enough, but not great. Still an easy clap over Kin.

Edited by twozerofoxtrot
Added reasons
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Blackjoy said:

During my /Regen testing, I leveled up a Kin/Regen.   Kin took some getting used to, but I found it was decent damage and added a ton of survivability for /Regen on account of all the knockdown (plus I slotted the ranged cone attack with Overwhelming Fear).   In truth, I don't think all the Knockdown is all that helpful for /SR.   /SR wants to end a fight as quickly as possible.  /Regen wants to string it out.  If you can get past the animation and the sounds effects, Kin is an interesting set to play.   However, I think MA looks way cooler.

Kin Melee is a lot better than people give it credit for, since part of its bonus is added survivability in the form of damage reduction (and KD).  But you've got all the survivability in the world with SR.

Who run Bartertown?

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Kin Melee is a lot better than people give it credit for, since part of its bonus is added survivability in the form of damage reduction (and KD).  But you've got all the survivability in the world with SR.

It’s not. Numerically it sucks. If you like it, or fits theme, or you find it fun, that’s great. But the set sucks. I love a lot of toons that I play that aren’t good or the best or optimal. And that’s fine. This game is, at least for me, about playing and having fun. But don’t pretend kin melee is good. Cause it isn’t. 

The other day, I fired up m lvl 40 Kin/Regen and took on a +2 Devouring Earth EB...Terra.  I was able to defeat her with no inspirations, no power pool powers, no IO set bonuses except for Overwhelming Fear in Repulsing Torrent.   Actually it was a simultaneous KO....first time I've ever had that happen on an EB.   

The set seems pretty decent on damage.   But I wouldn't play it with /SR.

The case for Kin/sr is due to Kin having -Dmg it essentially adds in Res to a set which is practically going to cover Def by itself. Add in something like Tough and you are adding all the more to your mitigation.

The case against it is having run DPA numbers while intentionally not giving other sets advantages that they will have when it is all said and done, and Kin still lags behind in DPA/DPS. Case in point, a gimped Claws build skipping FU still beats it. The damage might be acceptable, but it is easily in the running if not the outright winner for lowest damage from a melee set. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."