Focused Accuracy or Conserve Power? (also Performance Shifter question...)

Story Archer

Katana/Willpower Scrapper, though theoretically this could be applicable to any Scrapper considering the Body Mastery pool - we have to take one, so assuming we only slot it with the base slot (End Redux for FA, Rech for CP), which would be the way to go? I'd probably use FA on an 'as-needed' basis unless I found it's endurance cost was, well... endurable.

On that topic, the character has/will have Stamina, Quick Recovery and Physical Perfection when all is said and done. If I'm tight for enhancement slots, is dropping a Performance Shifter proc in all three the best way to go? I know that the Endurance pop is technically random, though with three potentially cycling through, I suspect they'll more or less smooth each other out. I don't suppose anyone has an idea what the average Recovery rate would be per minute with those three powers slotted with a straight EndMod IO vs. being slotted with the PS proc? Is there a known base Recovery percentage that each is equivalent to?

I ask because I'm in my mid-30's right now and I'm still struggling with End issues despite Stamina and Quick Recovery having both an EndMod AND a Performance Shifter proc in both. I know that things should theoretically get better as I manage to assemble more IO sets, but right now it's getting a little discouraging.

FWIW, I'm basically taking Body Mastery for Physical Perfection even though it's numbers don't look overwhelming (equal to about half Health and half Stamina, I think?). I do plan on taking a quick ranged attack regardless of which EPP I chose - am I completely missing the boat on a better option for this particular power set?

Edited by Story Archer

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I will take Focused Accuracy, and two slot it with endurance reduction.  

For the most part, the reason one goes for Body Mastery is to help with endurance woes.  But unlike other melee ATs, scrappers only get one spot to slot a Perf Shifter and that is in Physical Perfection.  Conserve Power has such a long recharge that I've never found it particularly worthwhile.  Focused Accuracy has one very important thing going for it -- to hit debuff resistance.  I generally don't need much if any additional accuracy, but it's rather nice to not have my accuracy floored by an unexpected coven of Death Mages.

Who run Bartertown?

FA lets you do more interesting things with your build and the debuff resistance is nice.

CP can be pretty nice for some niche cases. Less applicable to WP, but it can help builds that experience t9 crashes. Or if you use a lot of endurance to the point of needing ageless it can let you switch to radial and get that sweet debuff protection.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frosticus said:

FA lets you do more interesting things with your build and the debuff resistance is nice.

CP can be pretty nice for some niche cases. Less applicable to WP, but it can help builds that experience t9 crashes. Or if you use a lot of endurance to the point of needing ageless it can let you switch to radial and get that sweet debuff protection.

Does Strength of Will not crash? MIDS indicates otherwise - I wasn't planning on taking it because of that.

5 hours ago, Thraxen said:

Adding power transfer chance for heal is great in stamina and physical perfection as well. I do FA. Comes in handy now and then. 

If things work out I'll have three each of the Power Transfer and the Performance Shifter procs. Between the 3x Power Transfer and 600%-800% Regen I think I'll be set.

Edited by Story Archer

7 hours ago, Story Archer said:

Yeah, that's nothing. Interesting - It doesn't do that much for you, but with so little downside I'll have to consider it. If nothing else, it'll mule a unique IO.

I pop SoW when I get end drained and toggle dropped (WP has no resistance to end drain). Happens pretty often against Arachnos Mu Guardians/Adepts. 

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I'm a CP fan to the point I'm surprised to see the FA love.

CP is up about half of the time, and amounts to near infinite endurance while it's up - in that a build that doesn't drain itself dry within seconds normally, will be net positive while CP is running.

This can very well fix some end woes by itself, or offer extra leeway in the build.

Even as one slot wonder and on SOs, the downtime will be around 4 minutes provided you have Hasten. This is great to patch a Recovery Serum gap.

Of course, maybe one does not want to use P2W temps even for temporary leveling woes, for whatever reason. The common suggestion is to slot more endurance reduction in attacks.

Either way, I think between FA and CP, FA is an odd pick if the concern is struggle for endurance. Unless there's accuracy problems otherwise, it seems a given to me for a leveling build CP will improve endurance and FA will worsen it - the degree of either is debatable, but the direction generally is not.

Grab CP at 35, play with it for a while, respec later if it doesn't work for you.

Final thought: if you plan to take a ranged attack regardless of EPP, Laser Beam Eyes is kind of ass. Epic snipes are much better. Additionally Willpower would benefit greatly from Shadow Meld enhancing its defenses. I feel the best build route here would be to fix endurance issues with more aggressive endurance slotting in attacks (1 ACC / 3 DAM / 2 END is good baseline SO slotting), and go for Soul Mastery to grab Moonbeam and Shadow Meld.

I also don't tend to use or otherwise find FA all that useful but then I don't often run resistance based builds where to hit debuffs can really stack up.  I did grab CP and Physical Perfection on my main, a scrapper.  She rarely finds herself needing it but on occasion after fighting through hordes of end drainers will pop CP and her end bar will steadily recover even while continuing to battle trough the horde.  My feelings are solve any end issues you have without consideration for Epics or Incarnates.  For the most part those issues outside of very specific builds should be history .  If I need a To Hit buff I'll usually grab Tactics and it runs 24-7 on the above scrapper.  If I do run into such issues such as multiple Master Illusionis with their Fluffies out with Dark Ring Mistresses handing about I'll use either a Big yellow or two or just back away and let the buffs fall off, pull the mob apart etc.. 

I'd wish so much more to have Sc instead of CP any day. The rech/duration values are just too unreliable. SC at least can offer 10 max end (though generally the base power seems a bit low and would like to see also include some end reduction like CP as well, like even 15%, or maybe 7.5 with 20% end drain resistance also), and can slot the pshifter and power transfer procs. Far more useful in any build.