6 slot health and stamina? Pros/Cons

22 minutes ago, shortguy on indom said:

Following along, but you lost me on the last paragraph.

HP Regeneration is locked at 5% of a character's maximum HP.  Not current HP, or base HP, or archetype HP cap, the character's maximum HP.

Scrapper A's maximum total HP is 1338.6, it regenerates 66.93 HP every X seconds.

Scrapper B's maximum total HP is 2401, it regenerates 120.05 HP every X seconds.

Scrapper B is regenerating more HP with each HP Regeneration pulse, almost twice as much as Scrapper A, but it's still only 5% because it's based on the character's maximum HP.

38 minutes ago, shortguy on indom said:

If it shows 9.14 HP/sec. then it's 10.25 sec. tick interval.

No, it's indicative of one or more powers or set bonuses increasing your maximum HP.  It isn't possible to have a HP Regeneration rate of 10.25 seconds unless you have -Regen on you because you have Health.  Base is 12 seconds, but Health knocks that down to 8.57 seconds (12 / 1.4 = 8.57).  No archetype has a HP Regeneration rate slower than 8.57 seconds, due to that inherent Health, which means something else increased the displayed HP/s total.  The only thing that could be, if the rate hasn't been reduced by -Regen, is +MaxHP.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 hour ago, shortguy on indom said:

Basic formula:

scrapper base            
1338.6    5%    66.93    hp
1338.6    66.93    20    ticks
20    12.00    240.00    sec. to go from 1 to 1338.6 HP 

5%    40%    7.00%   new % using inherent +40% regen
1338.6    7%    93.70    hp
1338.6    93.70    14.29    ticks
14.29    12.00    171.43    sec. to go from 1 to 1338.6 HP (actual 40% base regen).

1338.6    171.43    7.81    HP/sec. 

We are just looking at it differently.  Same result, differing ways to get there.

Think this is your way?  Please see below.

lvl 50 zero enhancements:   0.40 x 1 = 0.4;  12 / (1 + 0.4) = 12 / 1.4 = 8.57 seconds                
1338.6 x 5% = 66.93 HP                
66.93 HP / 8.57 sec. = 7.81 HP/sec.

Edited by shortguy on indom
added what i beleve is L's way of doing it.
  • Thumbs Up 1

PvP Capture the Flag!  Bring some fun into it....

10 minutes ago, Luminara said:
1 hour ago, shortguy on indom said:

If it shows 9.14 HP/sec. then it's 10.25 sec. tick interval.

No, it's indicative of one or more powers or set bonuses increasing your maximum HP.  It isn't possible to have a HP Regeneration rate of 10.25 seconds unless you have -Regen on you because you have Health.  Base is 12 seconds, but Health knocks that down to 8.57 seconds (12 / 1.4 = 8.57).  No archetype has a HP Regeneration rate slower than 8.57 seconds, due to that inherent Health, which means something else increased the displayed HP/s total.  The only thing that could be, if the rate hasn't been reduced by -Regen, is +MaxHP.

I only used the 10.25 sec tick interval, calc and result in case the info I found on C.O.D. was in fact the tick interval.

In agreement with the 8.57 sec tick interval as being correct.  First verified that the 12/240 sec to full regen rate at 0%, then once knew that was ok... then used the 40% regen rate.

Please see above.

On 10/18/2023 at 6:02 PM, Luminara said:

And nothing changes the 5%, it's 5% if you're at 2500% Regeneration or -100% Regeneration.  It's always 5%.  +Regeneration reduces the time between pulses, it does nothing to alter the 5%.  +MaxHP increase the 5% relative to the amount without you'd receive without +MaxHP, but it's still 5%.  It's just a bigger 5% because your maximum HP is higher.

I've quoted what I consider to be the TLDR concluding statement, and bolded what I think the key feature is for Regeneration.

At first order, my thinking is "If don't plan on continual, regular spending of HP... I won't go out of my way to plan to improve the passive refilling of the HP bar." I contrast with the Endurance bar, which all of my characters are constantly spending Endurance... and I will admit to occasionally leaning too hard into Recovery. But this is why we have unslotters to test!

There are some circumstances where MOAR passive HP refill is worthwhile (for a wide variety of AT), but often there are other mitigation options that offer more utility across a wider amount of content.

• Thumbs Up 1

side note:  4 posts mysteriously disappeared from this discussion. two of them were mine. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so, based my math on the number of ticks. (i wanted to know for my own amusement)... and total HP at full.

i can do the my math any way i want to have fun. lol.

the only thing that matters, is HP/sec....thats the goal. its what the game uses.

figuring out seconds by itself means nothing, same for solely figuring out HP regen rate.

so if it's the HP (regen rate) or the interval seconds that changes, it does not matter can use either.

ex.:  HP = 4, sec. = 2; 4/2 = 2 HP/sec.   or  ex.: HP = 6, sec. = 3, 6/3 = 2 HP/sec.

6 hours ago, shortguy on indom said:

side note:  4 posts mysteriously disappeared from this discussion. two of them were mine. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so, based my math on the number of ticks. (i wanted to know for my own amusement)... and total HP at full.

i can do the my math any way i want to have fun. lol.

the only thing that matters, is HP/sec....thats the goal. its what the game uses.

figuring out seconds by itself means nothing, same for solely figuring out HP regen rate.

so if it's the HP (regen rate) or the interval seconds that changes, it does not matter can use either.

ex.:  HP = 4, sec. = 2; 4/2 = 2 HP/sec.   or  ex.: HP = 6, sec. = 3, 6/3 = 2 HP/sec.

This assumes non-VEAT (their base is 10s, not 12s), but here are the formulas. Note, I have "additional heal over time", that is a factor including other sources of heal over time, such as heal procs (panacea, power transfer). RegenerationTotal% includes base, so 100% + Added Regeneration% = RegenerationTotal%.

image.png.b11a230f3123ca1dc431f87ca81e7e29.png

For more formulas, you're welcome to peruse my Survivability Tool where I talk about various calculations.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/12212-the-survivability-tool/

EDIT: Adding an example. This one is for a VEAT, so instead of the formula being:

MaxHP/240 x TotalRegen%, it will be MaxHP/200 x TotalRegen% (due to 10s base instead of 12s base).

image.png.cc1713a138b411804b129419598d81ee.png

Here we have max HP of 1425.74, and a total regeneration of 210% (100% base + 110% from other sources). Using our formula we get:

1425.74/200 x 2.10 = 14.97 HP/s, which is what you see calculated in that Mids screenshot.

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Appreciated.

Quick look at your Regen Period Calc above, looks odd to me.... maybe should read.....  period = 240 / (12 * (regen tot %))    ..... not sure though, will plug in some numbers.

Cool stuff you have going!!!

Edited by shortguy on indom
plugged in some numbers.

so All, couple three questions:

• do incarnate alpha powers like vigor work on health regen?  (please see screenshot below).  it has a closed lock shown.
  • if they actually do work, do the incarnate powers work on regen procs?
  • if they do, do they treat them as a regen % addition? ...or maybe just like the 5 other regular schedule A type enhancements in the set?

was looking around for a while and could not find the answer.

Screenshot 2023-10-22 213707.png

51 minutes ago, shortguy on indom said:

do incarnate alpha powers like vigor work on health regen?

Yes.

51 minutes ago, shortguy on indom said:

(please see screenshot below).  it has a closed lock shown.

They're locked so the pre-determined values can't be changed.

52 minutes ago, shortguy on indom said:

if they actually do work, do the incarnate powers work on regen procs?

Procs are also locked, same reason.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

When I'm going for maximum endurance recovery, I often end up with 5 slotted health.... with: Numina's Unique, Miracle Unique + Miracle Heal, and Panacea Unique + Panacea Heal... those last 2 pairs give 2% and 2.5% recovery bonuses... but that' s only 5 slotted.  I could see putting the regen unique in the last one, but it's rare I would have that spare slot.

I sometimes 4-slot stamina with 2 performance shifters and 2 Synapse's Shock to get a bunch of run speed bonus for cheap.  But I've never 6-slotted it.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

• thx Luminara.  info appreciated.  helps me understand the game better if i can work out numbers for myself. 

On 10/23/2023 at 7:21 AM, Shred Monkey said:

When I'm going for maximum endurance recovery, I often end up with 5 slotted health.... with: Numina's Unique, Miracle Unique + Miracle Heal, and Panacea Unique + Panacea Heal... those last 2 pairs give 2% and 2.5% recovery bonuses... but that' s only 5 slotted.  I could see putting the regen unique in the last one, but it's rare I would have that spare slot.

Like Shread, Tidge, FupDup, drbuzzard and a few i may have forgot to mention (sry).... thinking that slotting some dual purpose health/stamina (end) procs may be the way to go.

now in the mind-set to conserve slots, but not entirely sure i need them elsewhere atm.  the health sets have some nice set-bonuses.