A question about end game and PvP.

Sepherion

So, I was thinking about coming back but I did want to ask, is there any sort of ladder aspect to pvp? An even minimal one? PvP Tiers or something? The other question I have is, what is the endgame like? Would I be just grinding for power upgrades? Thanks in advance!

6 minutes ago, Sepherion said:

So, I was thinking about coming back but I did want to ask, is there any sort of ladder aspect to pvp? An even minimal one? PvP Tiers or something? The other question I have is, what is the endgame like? Would I be just grinding for power upgrades? Thanks in advance!

To answer your first question, no. There are only player-led (sometimes HC-sponsored prizes) or player-created events these days for PvP in the Arena and PvP zone play occasionally on Excelsior if you're interested. There is some aspect to grinding for enhancements needed to "max out" aspects of a build for any given situation, but the journey was made much easier by the Homecoming team for folks interested solely in PvP (an instant Level 50 that is secluded to PvP zones/Arena/ Pocket D only). 

9 minutes ago, Sepherion said:

This game, even at the end, is unlike most of what you are used to.

You can play it your way, at varying power level.  

The "end all" of PvE is fully incarnated (a sm grind to get there) with a "full build"  This will allow you to step into the hardest Incarnate Trials with good chances, although the newest HARD mode TFsSFs like Dr Aeon and ITF will take that + skill/knowledge.  

I know nothing of PvP.  it has always been a different game, built for and played under different rules than PvE.  It does have 4 separate zones stuck at different max level.  

• Thumbs Up 1

PvP in this game is dead. I'm sorry, I know a lot of people will say "nu-uh! There's PvP communities!" but they're probably the least active out of all of them. There is a very small fraction of players who do get involved in PvP, but there's no ladders, no real tiers, because it just isn't popular in this game.

Endgame is whatever was left at shutdown, which is Incarnate trials, plus some of the "advanced" difficulty task forces. Currently there's only the Imperious TF and Dr. Aeon SF that utilize this advanced difficulty, potentially with plans to add more, but considering the "volunteer" aspect of the game masters, it's not something to expect with any degree of quickness.

I'm not trying to sound pessimistic or negative, but endgame and PvP are by far the two weakest aspects of this game, and honestly, that's kind of what drew a lot of players to this game in the first place, the fact that it wasn't this endless grind like other MMOs. The original devs were planning on expanding the endgame to ever-further heights, but then shutdown happened, and what we're left with is only a tiny bite of what was planned. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

22 hours ago, Sepherion said:

There's an active Excelsior PvP Fightclub community here. Have about 300 ish members:

https://discord.gg/6cGRXvu2sW

We have a leaderboard here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8D4JdPM9xv9srHPgcyeK6jK5Bdz2kRDtvs6tIQW9IU/edit#gid=2069633451

One of our admins also runs regular RPvP events over on Everlasting.

• Thumbs Up 1

My Stuff:

fite.gif.ce19610126405e6ea9b52b4cfa50e02b.gif Fightclub PvP Discord (Melee PvP tournaments, builds, and beta testing)

Clipboard01.gif.9d6ba27a7be03b73a450be0965263fd2.gif Influence Farming Guide (General guide to farming, with maps and builds)

In most modern MMOs, the fun starts at 50.

Here, for some of us, that's when the fun starts to end.

I'd even say -- for me -- 90% of the fun happens between levels 10 and 49.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Honestly I have always been addicted to going theough old story arcs at level they were designed for.  To me Redside is the best it got.  Sure, Gold had better gimmicks…but the storyline….politics and mindgames?   No thanks.   Give me a double dealing crook boss any day of the week.  The stories are believable, have fun twists, self reference, and lead into big storylines of the game.  

On 12/21/2023 at 6:36 PM, Sepherion said:

You will have to "grind" to get enhancements unless you run into people that will help you with some loot like:

But, if you are okay with characters for PVP only, then check out "Temporal Warriors".

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.