Homage to Deadpool

Two5boy

Returning player from live days and great to see CoH is alive and well. One of my favourite characters of all time is Deadpool (the early 90s version not the comedic one now). I re-made him during live as Katana/Regen and would like to it again. I read regen is really subpar and was thinking WP but I still feel regen is the way to go. What are people’s thoughts on regen as a viable late game set and is there any future buffs coming?

also I would love to see a weapons pool power than allow me to use guns just to finish the theme off. 

thanks for reading IMG_7558.thumb.jpeg.8f447ce85910a6de5e154c9c7afd3d90.jpeg

16 hours ago, Grimm2 said:

You could also go DP/regen/ninja training Sentinel, though you wouldn't be able to sword until 35. It's a better version of regen, I hear. 

Omg I didn’t realise there is a Ninja training epic for sentinal! That’s amazing I think that’s it 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Grimm2 said:

You could also go DP/regen/ninja training Sentinel, though you wouldn't be able to sword until 35. It's a better version of regen, I hear. 

DP/Regen/Ninja Training + any temp powers that apply. Think the revolver, baseball bat, golden wrench, the weapons from the zig event... Etc. 

I think you'd find DP/SR or DP Ninja decent too.

Depends on if you want primary ranged or melee though, really. 

47 minutes ago, Two5boy said:

Omg I didn’t realise there is a Ninja training epic for sentinal! That’s amazing I think that’s it 

My main is an Archery/ninja² and while the damage is subpar compared to maybe other primaries, it's still decent. The /Ninja +def clicky is great for soaking alpha strikes and diving head first into melee, and the Ninja epics are all slotted for -Res, so stuff tends to go down faster after some sword action. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BazookaTwo said:

My main is an Archery/ninja² and while the damage is subpar compared to maybe other primaries, it's still decent. The /Ninja +def clicky is great for soaking alpha strikes and diving head first into melee, and the Ninja epics are all slotted for -Res, so stuff tends to go down faster after some sword action. 

Thanks very much for the help. Lots to think about. You are right it depends if ranged or melee to be primarily. I like how there is sword attacks in sentinel epic though 

45 minutes ago, Thraxen said:

My vote is for dp/wp/ninja. Haven’t tried wp on a sent yet but I can tell you regen still sucks even on a sent. Plus, wp is mostly about the high regen and also has a self rez so would still fit imo. 

Willpower also doesn't have a good rep on Sents, mainly due to the scaling regen power being made static...but it actually comes out ahead of the melee version when you have only 0-3 enemies nearby (8ft radius). With 4 they're equal and with 5+ baddies the melee version wins. However, the Sent variant doesn't have any kind of replacement for the -tohit effect given by the same power and the same low DDR that others get. So it's still a net loss, but not the reason that most people say it is. 

Regen at least gets passive absorb on Sents and a clicky burst heal, while WP doesn't have much in the way of "crisis management" buttons. If nothing else the Sent Regen is at least a unique experience while Sent WP is only slightly adjusted with an overall net loss due to the lack of to-hit debuff or replacement for it (the scaling to static regen thing actually has a trade-off to it). 

• Thumbs Up 1

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

Both are unique on sents so both would be unique experiences. 

I don’t need to play wp on a sent to know that it is still better than regen. 

I may try wp on a sent soon. Maybe tonight. I’ve got a fully IO’d and incarnated regen sent. I like the primary or I’d have deleted him a while back. Regen even on a sent sucks. 

On 12/26/2023 at 8:10 AM, GM Crumpet said:

Just remember not to use the name, bio or costume when creating a character. It's sad for us when we see a well recreated character and have to generic it

Thanks - I will remember not to do that 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/26/2023 at 12:53 AM, Captain Fabulous said:

I have 2. One is a DP/Ninja/Munitions Blaster, the other is a DP/Regen/Ninja Sentinel. I think I prefer the Blaster.

My hesitancy with blasters is the mezz - I always played characters that had mezz protection or ability to lock down critters before I got mezzed. So I don’t know how to play blasters in that sense 

1 hour ago, Two5boy said:

My hesitancy with blasters is the mezz - I always played characters that had mezz protection or ability to lock down critters before I got mezzed. So I don’t know how to play blasters in that sense 

It's the one thing that sucks about playing Blasters. You do have some controls in DP, and unlike other ATs you can use your T1 and T2 powers while mezzed, but that's always going to be a Blaster's kryptonite. You can get KB protection from IOs, and there are a number of powers in the game that will give you some mez protection, but it's all pretty limited. You can get some via Incarnates, but of course you have to get to level 50 first.