NCSOFT & Homecoming License Announcement

Congratz, great news! Man if only original NCSoft account data was intact - would love to get my original toons and base back but it's great to hear that what has been rebuilt will remain for some time.

I wonder how much involvement NCSoft will have in the development decisions of Homecoming.  Does this new City Council have to have any development that involves a change to the IP submitted to NCSoft for pre-approval?  For example, for some crazy reason our developers will come up with an idea (like killing off a major character) will NCSoft have veto power over that decision?  

• Microphone 1

Wow, maybe late for a christmas miracle, but sure feels like one. Almost like the discovery of Homecoming going public !!!
Does this also mean you can now speak with past devs about where the story was going (among other things those devs know)?

Awesome! 

Thank you Devs, GMs, and Players! All the blood, sweat, and tears you've shed to get us here have finally paid off. And we love you for it! 

And, dare I say it? Yes, I dare, even if you might not like it. Because, otherwise, we wouldn't be now where we are, if he had not set things into motion.

He took fire from the gods, and gave it to us. 

So, thanks, @Leandro

-void 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

1 minute ago, Pilchenstein said:

What are NCSoft getting out of this?

To me... any legal agreement with NCSoft is a horrible idea. This saves NCSoft from trying to take HC to court to be shut down. They can now just say, "Shut it down."

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

This is absolutely fantastic news.

As a Streamer of this game I would like to advise any fellow Streamers to check your settings when you stream. Pay attention to Subscriber VOD only. This could potentially violate the free access that is being discussed. If you are not streaming and you played CoH, your VOD will not be accessible if you have that setting on. Check your Twitch settings, or whatever other streaming platform you are using to ensure your VODs are freely accessible. Follower Only chat doesn't affect this. Subscriber only chat doesn't affect this. Happy Streaming!!

I for one give 2 huge thumbs up for this news. So proud of the HC team and everyone's patience. ❤️ 

-Tax

• Like 8

@Tax E
** THE UNITED POWERS OF PARAGON **

9 minutes ago, TauntingMonk said:

To me... any legal agreement with NCSoft is a horrible idea. This saves NCSoft from trying to take HC to court to be shut down. They can now just say, "Shut it down."

I'm not a lawyer but I posit that if they wanted to do that, they would have already; I'd imagine that sending a cease and desist letter in 2019 would have cost far less time and money than drafting up a license agreement over the course of 4 years which would have to be examined in legal proceedings if they wanted to shut it down from here on.

I will never forgive NCSoft, but I feel like nothing has really changed on this front. No sense worrying too much about it.

(I also imagine this license will help them with renewing the IP, but that's just guesswork, I don't know how IP stuff works to that detail.)

Edited by Veloice
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 6