Rikti Invasions & Shard-Specific XP Boosts! (Update: Jan 16th)

Widower

Just now, Glacier Peak said:

Apologies are not needed, happy to help figure out your XP shortcoming if you could post some more specific information such as, what mission, what difficulty setting, your character level, enemy xp rate, etc.

Much Appreciated, I am doing the AE arc id 48471, at level 36 +1 level, team size 1, solo bosses yes, elite bosses no AV.  I am currently getting 16,300 xp on torchbearer now that I transferred back to it, when i was getting  around 26k about two hours ago before i transferred to indom and saw the xp drop to around 16k to 18k. Something definetly weird is going on, and i do have double xp booster active, thats the first thing i checked.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Apologies are not needed, happy to help figure out your XP shortcoming if you could post some more specific information such as, what mission, what difficulty setting, your character level, enemy xp rate, etc.

Friend just pointed out I may have burned through my rested/patrol xp and that is in fact the case, I feel like such a dork now lmao

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

On 1/16/2024 at 1:02 PM, Lunar Ronin said:

The communities on the smaller shards have become rather insular over the past few years as only the die hards remained.  There's definite activity on all of the shards, but generally within set groups and not for PUGs.  The key to this is for you to start groups.  If you want to do a TF or SF, start one.  If you want to do a mothership raid, start one.  If you want to do an iTrial, start one.  It may take a little bit, but "if you build it, they will come."

Pretty much this. Its true of Excel too. If you want to do something, don’t whine about a lack of leaders, grow a pair and lead. Its easier than sleeping to lead in this game, as people aren’t likely to jump down your throat like in other MMOs if you mess up

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

8 minutes ago, Darsch said:

Friend just pointed out I may have burned through my rested/patrol xp and that is in fact the case, I feel like such a dork now lmao

Oh that could be it! I didn't think to ask you to see if you had any Patrol XP on your character.

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Late to the party, but I started on Excelsior as soon as it went live, and I have a theory as to why it started out so popular -- BEFORE it was the one everyone recommended as "most populated."

Torchbearer was the first server when Homecoming went public.  My group of friends had not played COH/V in years and missed it sorely.  We immediately jumped in and started punching Skuls.

The first few nights we went nuts running around whoopin' and hollerin'.

Meanwhile, the names we wanted for permanent, thought-out characters were snapped up by players with more self-control or forethought.

We did not repeat that mistake when Excelsior opened -- we got the names we wanted most.  Then there we were, permanently Excelsior-based.

I wonder if others had that experience and that's why so many fled Torchbearer as soon as Excelsior opened up?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sailboat said:

Torchbearer was the first server when Homecoming went public. 

Meanwhile, the names we wanted for permanent, thought-out characters were snapped up by players with more self-control or forethought.

Similar story with me.  There is a name that I've used since the early days of MMOs in the late 1990s.  When I tried to use it in Torchbearer, that name was taken.  It wasn't taken on the other servers.  I'm not sure why I chose Excelsior.  It was possibly because I liked that server name.

• 2 weeks later