Second Account

Know1

I was going to make a second account, because based on previous experience I will fill up all my main account slots with ats, and I want all my toons on a given server to be mostly in the same supergroup and if I have a second account I can do invites and shuffling without bothering anyone else.

I saw that multiboxing is allowed thus I guess multiple accounts, but when I try to make a new account, it recognises my email and will only let me reset my password.

So do I need to make a new email address to make a second account?

I'm not sure how much of the multiboxing applies since I would never be playing the toons together, just having both on for  a couple of minutes to do invites, but I would avoid doing that when the server is red.  Any other rules I need to know about?

Edited by Know1

28 minutes ago, Know1 said:

I was going to make a second account, because based on previous experience I will fill up all my main account slots with ats

Homecoming has 1000 slots per server...  I wouldn't be in a hurry to set up a second account just for alts.  You don't need a second account to get all your alts in the same SG either, just use the /altinvite command.

Unless you're seriously alt-o-holic, you only a second account for multiboxing.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Nice, I did not know that there was a command to invite alts.  That will save me some trouble. 

Another question I had is, If I set up each toon with its own superbase, and then put all my toons into a coalition (is there the equivalent to /altinvite for coalition)  can I set it up so that any toon can use any base, or will each be limited to his own base for storing and getting salvage, recipes, and enhancements

In coalies, you can access each others bases, but

6 minutes ago, Know1 said:

each be limited to his own base for storing and getting salvage, recipes, and enhancements

This...

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

1 hour ago, Know1 said:

Is there the equivalent to /altinvite for coalition

There is not.  The leader of each SG needs to set it up while they are both on.

Reasons to have a second account:

1) Ability to setup coalitions without another human involved

2) Powerleveling.

3) Secondary support roles.   Sometimes I'll send in a character that I know will get in over it's head and have on the team my empathy defender who's main job is teleporting the dumbass to the start of the mission to rez them.

• Lead Game Master

When it comes to base building, HC has made it MUCH easier than on Retail. Nothing costs prestige, and you can build "outside the box" (vertically, anyway). I bring this up as it would be quite doable for many of your alts to share a single base and still have their own space within it. The downside to this approach is that you're still limited to about 18 storage units per base. So if you have 20 alts, they're going to have to share, instead of each having their own inspiration, salvage and enhancement storage.

• Like 1

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

My alt account is mostly for SG management. I literally have alts called recruiters for said SGs.

Having an alt account Also makes it easier to transfer stuff n such, but I know some people use the in-game email thing.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)