Hellstar

Hellstar was a fixture in the Freedom community long ago, and had made a brief return to Homecoming, being the reason I learned about Homecoming to begin with. In fact, Hellstar was the reason I played City of Heroes at all, learned how to type by playing this game, and began to explore complicated scientific concepts. That is because Hellstar was in fact a character played by by father.

image.png.d736a058cda9853f47377700ab7ab040.png

I always thought this outfit was stupid, and often inquired as to why he was even playing a female character when I was younger. Something something I don't want to look at a man lmao. He seemed to have a storyline in his head with it. With his various Hellstar characters, he was amongst the first to engage in a successful Freedom Hami raid, and had over 58 level 50s as early as 2008, going on to eventually lead the Bounty Hunters R Us Supergroup in its heyday. From the hours he poured in from start to finish, and the bonding we had while he did, it was clear he loved City of Heroes. He was there in the games final hours, before the plug was pulled. Sadly, he loved another thing nearly as much as City of Heroes - smoking.

Lung cancer took him out of the fight. Towards the end of his life, our relationship wasn't exactly positive. He wasn't the best. But I always remembered the moments we had in this game. It brought us together. I wasn't able to be by his side when the plug was pulled on him. So I'll leave this post in remembrance instead. I didn't always like you dad. But I still love you. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 4

My condolences.

May God hold your father in the palm of his hand until you meet again.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Father/son relationships are complicated at best. I'm sorry for your loss.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

• 2 months later