Endurance management on a Battle Axe/Radiation Armor brute?

v3hemenc3

I saw a lot of people in the server running the battle axe/radiation armor combo so I decided to try it myself (and because I like playing as a big woman with an axe). My damage and resistance is ok, but I run out of endurance really quickly. Should I slot some endurance reduction enhancements on my skills or the stamina skill?

Endurance is an issue with Battle Axe.   So throwing some End Reductions in your attacks helps a lot.

That said, chasing after Accolades that give you extra endurance, and set bonuses that reduce end use are invaluable.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's a list to help maintain endurance while leveling. I'm not sure how Radiation Therapy works with the Performance Shifter proc but it would be great if it can trigger on each target within it's radius. 

Select the rec buff pet at the P2W vendor.
Slot end redux in powers early.
Add slots to Stamina early.

Add slots to Gamma Boost early
Slot IO set bonuses that improve recovery.
Slot IO set bonuses that adds +max end.
Slot IO set bonuses that provide end discounts.
Carry a tray of blue inspiration.
Consider the Duelist badge for +max end (Logout arena).
Consider the Clubber badge for out of combat +rec (Logout Pocket D).

Toggle off travel powers in fights.
Slot Panacea unique in Health at lvl 7.

Add end mod IO to Radiation Therapy at lvl 16.
Slot Miracle unique in Health at lvl 17.
Slot Performance Shifter proc in Stamina at lvl 18.

Slot Performance Shifter proc in Gamma Boost at lvl 18

Slot Performance Shifter proc in Radiation Therapy at lvl 18
Work on the Atlas Medallion at lvl 23. Finish asap.
Slot Numina unique in Health at lvl 27.

Add end mod IOs to Meltdown at lvl 30.
Consider Superior Conditioning at lvl 35.

Slot Performance Shifter proc in Superior Conditioning at lvl 35
Work on Portal Jockey at lvl 35. Finish asap.
Consider Physical Perfection at lvl 41.
Slot Performance Shifter proc in Physical Perfection at lvl 41.

Consider boosting end redux/mod IOs to +5 at lvl 50.
Consider an end redux/end mod Alpha at lvl 50.
Consider Ageless Destiny at lvl 50.
Consider Support Hybrid at lvl 50.

@StrikerFox has a great list. 

With Rad Armor, I would add the Theft of Essence +End proc in Radiation Therapy.

Edited by PLVRIZR
Brain Fart

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

27 minutes ago, PLVRIZR said:

@StrikerFox has a great list. 

With Rad Armor, I would add the Theft of Essence +End proc in both (not unique, so put it everywhere "Accurate Healing" is an option) DNA Siphon and Parasitic Aura.  Each, because of the longish recharge for both, fire almost every time and will completely refill your blue bar.

I one slot Inexhaustible with the Miracle +recovery, but if you haven't put Numina's +regen/+recovery in Health, that's another good place for it.

You're thinking Bio Armor, but it's good advice! Theft of Essence proc works great in Rad Therapy.

Yeah, whoops, had Mids' opened to the wrong toon.  YES, Rad Therapy it is!!!

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

On 1/14/2024 at 10:31 AM, v3hemenc3 said:

I saw a lot of people in the server running the battle axe/radiation armor combo so I decided to try it myself (and because I like playing as a big woman with an axe). My damage and resistance is ok, but I run out of endurance really quickly. Should I slot some endurance reduction enhancements on my skills or the stamina skill?

Since you are on the newer side and might not have the currency for IOs, here's my general rule for starting out. 

For Single target attacks you want 1 acc, 1 end reduc, 3 damage, 1 recharge.

For AoE attacks you want 1 acc, 2 end reduc, 3 damage.

For virtually any toggle, you want an end reduc in it. 

If you are under level 22, double the number of slotting for what you have so lets say 2 acc and 2 end reduc. BA is fantastic, but is absolutely sucks end. I would also do this with common IOs. You can use level 25s all the way to 50.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Radiation Armor should have zero endurance problems so to reiterate what others have already said:

Hit your absorb shield on cooldown since it has 50% recovery (unenhanced Stamina has 25% to put it in perspective)

Theft of Essence proc in Radiation Therapy will fill your blue bar with just a few mobs around.

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/22/2024 at 8:46 AM, Sovera said:

Hit your absorb shield on cooldown since it has 50% recovery (unenhanced Stamina has 25% to put it in perspective)

Scrolled through way too many posts to highlight particle shielding. This should be THE number 1 advice. Put this on auto and you can proc out your entire arsenal and not run out of end when supplemented with radiation therapy.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!