Solo all Red run. Again. AR/Dev

Snarky

I have soloed all Red content (every contact for every mission). Quite a few times. Always on a Brute.  I once soloed all Blue Red Gold.  If I win the lottery and retire I might do it again lol. Lot of time. 

The idea has been kicking around many years that an AR/Dev, with the ability to construct siege terrain on the fly, would be fun to do this on. The changes to AR make it stronger for this. 

I really fought not to do this, I am working a ton of hours now. But the game is so fun to me. Been kicking around on an AR lately. 

I made yet another AR, still undecided on what I would do. Started in Breakout for concept. In the first few minutes someone offered up a PUG Invader accolade.  Wow.  Then Mercy was busy. On a Thursday….  And got 4 DFBs Red for all badges and 4 temp powers.  Damn. Exactly how I would want to set up for a purist Red run.  The fates have spoken. It will take forever since my gaming time is limited 

Concept is an undead.  Has no idea who he is. I love inflicting amnesia.  Name is Dachs. I am studying German. He is a mercenary working for Arachnos…although his philosophy mimics Burke’s.  

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I'd suggest do it as a Traps/AR Defender. You'll need more therapy that way.

That won't be the headache you think it will be. That's actually a strong setup. Anything Traps with large cone AoEs is a murder machine. Defender strength mortar + flame thrower. Anything that lives get a Full Auto. Snarky should stick with his blaster fantasy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I had to read this twice to get the point but now I think I do and I love it.

I may get somewhat philosophical  here and I don't ask for your forbearance one iota. But to me this is the beauty of this game in a microcosm: "Do what thou wilt..."

This game gives us so many different, exciting, unique ways to play this game, that there are literally infinite combinations - I am almost certain that not everything has been tried. Deny me if you will, you shall be wrong!

But more than that while I might baulk at this particular choice of powers, it should be celebrated. The game does not require min/max or best build theoryrcraft. You can do it all, and still carry a bad German accent like a 1970s British sitcom, and everyone will still believe you are a deadly vampire, even when all the evidence suggests you're a frustrated bank clerk from Wisconsin pining for the fjords of Düsseldorf.

Joking aside, fantastic, and thanks for sharing. I have no inclination to play these power sets or try it myself but I love that somebody can play it different and get immense enjoyment.

So many games force us down a narrow path; do x,y,z in the correct order, timing is everything, get it wrong and fail, insert a dollar into the interface to continue. Not here, and that remains our strength!

• Like 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

On 1/18/2024 at 11:00 PM, Snarky said:

I have soloed all Red content (every contact for every mission). Quite a few times. Always on a Brute.  I once soloed all Blue Red Gold.  If I win the lottery and retire I might do it again lol. Lot of time. 

Nicely done.  Great accomplishment.

On a similar quest atm to complete all the game content using my defender.  Blue and Gold all done, and working on the remaining (25-30?) arcs of Redside Ouro lvl 45 and 50 content.

Ouro arcs are not a crowd favorite, so soloing is necessary 95% of the time, have an idea on how long it takes.  After this, will start the mayhem missions. lol.

Edited by shortguy on indom
spell check
  • Thumbs Up 1

PvP Capture the Flag!  Bring some fun into it....

13 minutes ago, shortguy on indom said:

Nicely done.  Great accomplishment.

On a similar quest atm to complete all the game content using my defender.  Blue and Gold all done, and working on the remaining (25-30?) arcs of Redside Ouro lvl 45 and 50 content.

Ouro arcs are not a crowd favorite, so soloing is necessary 95% of the time, have an idea on how long it takes.  After this, will start the mayhem missions. lol.

Nice. Tough work. It sounds like you are doing this through Ouro. Which is huge.  But i stopped experience and side switched and got ALL.  (Never again). Gold is 100% in Ouro, not red/blue. Also the non story arc stuff is not in Ouro. Some of these contacts.  Sheesh “and can you get my dry cleaning?”

This run is stopping exp and doing every bit of Red. 

7 hours ago, JasperStone said:

Will you redo it with the sets for Trollers and Doms?

nooooo lol  i work overtime every day now.  14 1/2 hours at work yesterday....although they only paid 13.  its an odd gig.  good pay/benefits though   basically always exhausted now lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Snarky said:

nooooo lol  i work overtime every day now.  14 1/2 hours at work yesterday....although they only paid 13.  its an odd gig.  good pay/benefits though   basically always exhausted now lol

Time enough for torpor later 

• Thumbs Up 1