Best lazy boy AT?

Ahoy Homecoming!  Haven't posted for a while but I thought this would be an interesting question for you - what is your suggestion for the best lazy boy AT/combo of powers i.e. what contributes the most with the least effort?  (Bit like my teenage son except without the contributing bit)

Sometimes I'll be dragged into watching a crappy TV show for the sake of my marriage and on nights like these I'll log into COH and split my time between pretending to watch TV and being quite crap at helping a COH team.  To that end I rolled up what I think may be the best toon for playing COH when you should really be concentrating on something else: Illusion / Force Field controller.  I went straight for the leadership pool and invisibility and at level 9 my most damaging attack is brawl.  Maximum contribution minimal effort.

What am I missing?  Is there an AT that can contribute even more by doing even less?  What do you think?

Close to the same idea, Bot/FF mastermind is another classic for that.  Some will say MM's actually require a lot of micromanagement, but that's really only if you crank up the difficulty very high and against a few certain enemies or maps.  Keep things 'reasonable' and you can completely chill with them and pretty much just watch the show.

• Thumbs Up 3

I would personally say a Tank. Take Super Reflex or Willpower, and any secondary power you want, Dark might be good for the small heal it offers to keep you topped off. Then taker Fold Space from the teleport pool, Fold Space will port all the minions to your location so you don't have to hunt, and at the same time it will aggro everything else to you. Then just wander around unkillable, porting all the enemies to you while others kill them. Other than hitting fold space every once in a while, you could probably go to sleep.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, there are a few ways you can go with this.  For instance, something like a traps/elec defender can basically lay down their traps every once in a while and let their voltaic sentinel, shield gen, acid mortar, and triage beacon do the heavy lifting, only needing to refresh them every so often...

Das Brute and since you asked. I would go Energy Melee or Super Strength.  EM is great ST damage.  SS if very good, except annoying crash every 2 min. 

Invulnerability with a Hyperstrike build if going through Incarnate stuff lazy style.  Willpower is wonderful up to really tough stuff +levels, incarnate, etc

Edited by Snarky

Fire/Fire blaster.  Target-next, and click whichever blast power is up.  If the TV programme gets interesting, target through the Tank, then click whichever blast power is up.

No one is ever going to be annoyed that you missed a buff or a heal, forgot to debuff an AV, didn't hold aggro, or failed to apply your controls and the team wiped.  Either you're on your feet and setting things on fire, in which case everyone is thinking "A Fire blaster doing their thing!  *thumbs up emoji*" or you're lying face down on the floor and everyone is thinking "A Fire blaster doing their thing! *thumbs up emoji*".

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

3 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

Fire/Fire blaster.  Target-next, and click whichever blast power is up.  If the TV programme gets interesting, target through the Tank, then click whichever blast power is up.

No one is ever going to be annoyed that you missed a buff or a heal, forgot to debuff an AV, didn't hold aggro, or failed to apply your controls and the team wiped.  Either you're on your feet and setting things on fire, in which case everyone is thinking "A Fire blaster doing their thing!  *thumbs up emoji*" or you're lying face down on the floor and everyone is thinking "A Fire blaster doing their thing! *thumbs up emoji*".

Fire Fire blasting is (for me) anything but lazy.  You have to plan the fight like a sub commander on an attack run

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Intermipants said:

Love the replies everyone!  The fire/fire blaster comment really made me laugh!  Might have to give it a go 🙂

It is literally the meanest thing in the game.  With no damage mitigation except kill everything you come across like a murder hobo on a twelve day meth run

• Haha 2

On 1/21/2024 at 4:11 PM, Psyonico said:

Bots/Force Field would get my vote as well.

Necro/Dark(or any secondary) MM. With recent changes, you can do your nails (hands and feet), while watching your undead horde fly through mobs at relativistic speeds. You will just need a fast travel power to keep up with them is all. ;)

Game over man, game over!