Trying to decide on an all-around character to play.. could use some informed opinions

Damoklese

So I am trying to figure out a good durable, in-your-face type character to main.  Someone I can invest heavily in and use to solo AVs and also farm inf.  I was wondering if I could get some opinions on these two possible combos?

Fire Melee/Dark Armor

Spines/Stone Armor

Would you say either of these was capable of farming effectively, as well as being super tough of able to solo AVs?

Thanks!

• Thumbs Down 1

Dark Armor does not have enough going for it these days, it needs a tune up. Try instead Radiation Armor for being pretty survivable or Fire Armor for extra damage. Stone is pretty decent these days but it lacks endurance recovery even with what is baked into the set.

One of my best allrounders was a Claws/Fire Armor. Energy Melee/Fire Armor also had the best of both worlds with strong single target damage and Burn helping with EM's mediocre AoE.

With enough money poured in anything will work though. So if you're sold into a particular theme it's fine to play it.

I love Dark Armor.  It is a tricky beast with a LOT of subtlety easily screwed up on build/play if not understood 

My Dark Dark Brute has twice been called to Tank Rom (massive energy attack) in a Master Ms Liberty. (Master runs are no incarnated and a few other restrictions, no deaths). He was successful each time. At least one person who said they ran the build exactly the same complained they could not keep it alive in normal content.  

I honestly would look at a Hyperstrike MoDurable Invulnerability Armor build. Fire (not commonly resisted) Invulnerability would be a tough beast

23 hours ago, Damoklese said:

So I am trying to figure out a good durable, in-your-face type character to main.  Someone I can invest heavily in and use to solo AVs and also farm inf.  I was wondering if I could get some opinions on these two possible combos?

Fire Melee/Dark Armor

Spines/Stone Armor

Would you say either of these was capable of farming effectively, as well as being super tough of able to solo AVs?

Thanks!

Dark Melee/Fire Armor would be better