AI Generative Art

sbloyd

39 minutes ago, Trike said:

I downloaded Easy Diffusion and it really messed up my PC. Couldn’t even play CoH without crashing. Had to uninstall and defrag to get everything working properly again.

So you're saying it wasn't Stable?

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

I've been playing around with Bing's image generator for awhile now, and have had good fun with it... But I went in a somewhat different direction re: my City characters.

Back-in-the-day, I had a lot of winged "Bird Things"... and versions of most of them have ended up being pulled into our tabletop 13th Age game as NPCs. I've been using the image generator to make pics of those fantasy RPG re-imaginings.

This is the version of Grey Kestrel, my DB Scrapper, that you'd find wandering around the city of Horizon's version of the Chantry...

Kes.jpg 

The only one of the current, Homecoming original characters that I've tried to do that "fantasy RPG covnersion" on is my favorite Thorn Wielder Broadsword Brute, Semnai. It did a pretty good job, I think, although it has NO CLUE... not one... what a proper Oranbegan Thorn Blade looks like. Poor Xhelethe. 🤣

Sem looks properly "Elmore-esque" for a stabby chick in leather not-exactly-armor. (Her City version spends most of her time in a very Emma Peel-inspired black leather cat-suit, so... yeah. I can totally imagine her wearing this outfit, too. ) I really wish it had picked a consistant style for the tats, though. City-Sem's work better there. 

Semnai.jpg

• Like 3

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

10 hours ago, sbloyd said:

I'm glad sharing our prompts has helped people, that was part of what I was hoping when I started a thread specifically for AI generative art separate from the other art thread.

I was experimenting with my "make coloring sheets" AI prompt, which is really just my usual prompt with "line art, black and white" added, when I got the idea to include "screen tone" in it for shading.  After generating a handful of coloring sheets I wanted to see what just adding "screen tone" to my normal prompt, and I got this result for my Grav/Kin Counterweight:

image.png.8b8d7620113b5cde613f9fa3ea2027da.png

city of heroes, background constrained in a circle, wide angle, full body, superhero, style of artstation,, korean woman, yellow and charcoal grey uniform, infinity symbol insignia on chest, yellow sunglasses, charcoal grey leather bolero jacket, cupping a swirl of energy in her hands, pixie haircut, hovering in flight, screen tone, no cape

That is an incredible look!

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Trike said:

So what prompts did you use to get this look? I find that trying "watercolor" and the like don't return what I'm after.

I don't remember the entire text of the prompt... It was extensive... But I'm pretty sure I asked it specifically for a watercolored drawing rather than just "watercolor".

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Birthstone

Birthstone-Bio.jpg

art station style, a bald female hero comprised entirely of colored translucent crystal, bright green translucent crystal boots, bright blue translucent crystal legs with green highlights, orange and yellow crsytal knees, bright green translucent crystal torso with blue and orange highlights, green and blue translucent crystal head with slightly glowing blue eyes

Co-H-AI-Birthstone0.jpg

Co-H-AI-Birthstone2.jpg
Co-H-AI-Birthstone1.jpg

art station style, action scene, a bald female hero comprised entirely of colored translucent crystal, bright green translucent crystal boots, bright blue translucent crystal legs with green highlights, orange and yellow crystal knees, bright green translucent crystal torso with blue and orange highlights, green and blue translucent crystal head with slightly glowing blue eyes, fighting a large blocky dull gray granite rock monster

Co-H-AI-Birthstone7.jpg
Co-H-AI-Birthstone6.jpg

art station style, action scene, city street, a bald female hero comprised entirely of colored translucent crystal, bright green translucent crystal boots, bright blue translucent crystal legs with green highlights, orange and yellow crystal knees, bright green translucent crystal torso with blue and orange highlights, green and blue translucent crystal head with slightly glowing blue eyes, fighting a large blocky dull gray granite rock monster,

Co-H-AI-Birthstone-K.jpg
Co-H-AI-Birthstone-I.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Commander Quasar

Had a difficult time with this one. It kept adding designs to the body and didn't understand the sparkles.

Commander-Quasar-Bio.jpg

art station style, no background black, cosmic hero floating straight-legged as if standing on air, wearing flat black featureless  skin-hugging tights of the deepest vantablack without any pattern,, gold with silver inlay metal knee-high boots, gold with silver inlay metal gloves and vambraces, featureless mirrored skullcap covering his eyes, stardust sparkles shimmering around his body 

Co-H-AI-Commander-Quasar-F.jpg
Co-H-AI-Commander-Quasar-D.jpg

Co-H-AI-Commander-Quasar-B.jpg
Co-H-AI-Commander-Quasar9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

These are amazing, wow. My first run with trying to get some Lightslinger art went pretty great.

Is there a way to link an AI to pictures of the character then ask it to recreate in new styles/poses/etc?

Attached my favorites I've gotten of Lightslinger from Bing's AI.

_497c8e5f-ecc6-4f24-9cc1-414f68c6d437.jpg

_1ccceb62-dc37-474d-8bd7-2fc06ca9ec4f.jpg

_7eac268e-00a1-48df-8159-d65a44a2dbc7.jpg

Edited by Lightslinger
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lightslinger said:

Is there a way to link an AI to pictures of the character then ask it to recreate in new styles/poses/etc?

Not in Bing, as I mention upthread. Might be different in other programs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trike said:

Not in Bing, as I mention upthread. Might be different in other programs.

It appears that if you ask Copilot to generate your images, you can select one and have it re-generate them selectively.

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

3 minutes ago, sbloyd said:

It appears that if you ask Copilot to generate your images, you can select one and have it re-generate them selectively.

Except it always comes out different, sometimes slightly, sometimes significantly. I’d really like the option of keeping the exact image but use it in different scenes.

With that I could create an entire comic book that has consistent characters.

2 minutes ago, Trike said:

Except it always comes out different, sometimes slightly, sometimes significantly. I’d really like the option of keeping the exact image but use it in different scenes.

With that I could create an entire comic book that has consistent characters.

It's possible with Loras though I am still trying to get better face-swapping to work.

Just now, Krimson said:

It's possible with Loras though I am still trying to get better face-swapping to work.

Yeah, takes some legwork but it can be done, as Krimson says.  You kind of have to set up a subset of data to include with what you're working on.  You can find some of these at civit.ai, and there's examples of how to make your own on websites out there.  I've seen instructions for creating a lora file for your own likeness so that you can put yourself in a generated image (and this is how we get deepfakes, btw).

So you *could* create a comic book by creating a lora for each character and referencing each one for the characters present in each panel.  It's something I've been looking into but creating the source images would be a big step.  I wonder if you could use source pictures of actual COH toons, do some infill and upscale work using AI tools, and go from there; some heavy lifting in Photoshop might need to be done.

BTW, anyone know what's up with being able to select certain parts of a generated image in Copilot?  Like, I can click on and select the face, the hair, a hand, a background element, etc and it highlights it.  But I don't see what function that has, if any.

Really, if I were gonna do a comic with AI generated work, I'd still probably want to do the *actual* panels and layout myself in something like Clip Studio; you could probably even use Clip Studio's posable figures to arrange the character(s) how you want them and import them to your generator as a base image.

After researching a bit I found out OpenArt and Leonardo.ai both have image to image or image prompt abilities. As soon as the servers are back up I'm going to work on getting some reference shots of Lightslinger and see how closely they can recreate his in-game look.

Asked Bing AI to do the impossible: think through a heap of a lot of variables to create Grill N. Chill, my fire/ice blaster.  I actually filled up all the text line a few times.  Description was constantly changing, but here's the last one: 

Jim Lee art style, dramatic pose, fire and ice auras, African superhero with short military flattop haircut, black diamond mask, orange spandex shirt with flame icon on chest, sky-blue spandex leggings, gold banded belt with black-edged trim and a row of black circles encircling the belt, black banded wristbands, small black shoulder pads, black pirate boots, black cape with sky-blue to pale-orange blend lining

I'm not certain why, but the A.I. immediately focused on a largely black uniform, with strong V and diamond elements, and it never let go of that.  (It probably homed in on "black superhero" which to me said ethnicity, but I guess the A.I. thought it meant spandex choices. I had to change to "African-American", and then "African" when text became tight)  It only once created shoulder pads, and it apparently has no concept of color blending, despite repeated re-wordings of that request.  Only a couple, as a result, came anywhere near what I sought.  That said, it's created some very interesting designs, and I may have to investigate to see if I can pull off one or two of the looks.

2024_02_20_20_05_13_GrillNChill.jpg

Edited by Techwright
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1