AI Generative Art

sbloyd

6 hours ago, Techwright said:

I used generic "gun" and "pistol" after that until I hit on the idea of using NERF, to show that I wasn't really into malicious intentions.

Same. For my Space Patrol series I found that “raygun” wasn’t acceptable but “laser rifle” was.

Bizarrely and sometimes hilariously the program itself goes waaay over the line. When I was messing with the Facepunch fellows, I wanted some, y’know, face punching, but it didn’t like that. So I tried variations on punch/hit/strike etc and a couple of them were extremely bloody indeed. One pic featured two of the guys covered in gore while another had a guy smashing his fist through a werewolf’s cranium. Dial it back to PG, Sparky.

I also wanted an “after the fight” pic where the hero is holding up a concussed villain by the front of his shirt. I feel like I’ve seen that a dozen times in comics and movies, like when Lou beats up Tyler in Fight Club. Boy-howdy did *that* prompt go off the rails.

• Haha 1

I dipped into Leonardo today and... well, I wasn't happy with the results. 😞

• Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

6 hours ago, Herotu said:

I tried a suit of robotic armour "in the style of Darkest Dungeon" instead... (this is Leonardo AI).
image.png.fc556c3d77e38abe863a6a7cab399bee.png

Talk about falling down a rabbit hole, this was it for me last week.

There’s a great passage in the classic Joe Haldeman novel The Forever War where the instructor talks about the evolution of combat armor, particularly how idiotic some of the designs were — Haldeman’s commentary on military hardware and egghead design, similar to the “Bangalore Torpedo” scene from The Big Red One: 

Anyway, I spent an inordinate amount of time goofing around with creating a fictional evolution of combat armor from steampunk to nanotech. This AI business is a trap! 😂

IMG-5307.png
IMG-5306.png
IMG-5308.png

Why can’t we sit down like civilized people and solve our differences like adults? Best 2 out of 3?

Heroes and villains playing poker, “boardgame”, D&D and Scrabble. Why it chose Spidey as a villain is a mystery.

IMG-5290.jpg
IMG-5291.jpg
IMG-5292.jpg
IMG-5293.jpg
IMG-5294.jpg
IMG-5295.jpg
IMG-5296.jpg
IMG-5297.jpg
IMG-5298.jpg
IMG-5299.jpg
IMG-5300.jpg
IMG-5301.jpg
IMG-5302.jpg
IMG-5303.jpg
IMG-5304.jpg
IMG-5305.jpg
IMG-5309.jpg
IMG-5310.jpg
IMG-5311.jpg
IMG-5312.jpg

Edited by Trike
Added “boardgame”
  • Like 3

This is the only one I liked and it’s also the only one where I asked for specific characters. All of the above were “hero wearing silver and blue versus villain wearing red and black playing (fill in game)”.

This one was “Dr. Jekyll playing poker with Mr. Hyde.”

IMG-5289.jpg

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Trike said:

IMG-5303.jpg

I love the idea that they're roleplaying mundane lives - "I put out the washing!" ... "Make a laundry roll"

Edited by Herotu

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

1 hour ago, Herotu said:

I love the idea that they're roleplaying mundane lives - "I put out the washing!" ... "Make a laundry roll"

We play Dungeons & Dragons while they play Houses & Housecats.

2 hours ago, Trike said:

It’s 37 o’clock, time to rock!

The famous first line of Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Fourteen.

• Haha 2

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

Bing AI again.  This is an attempt at my Invulnerability/Street Justice tanker, Streetwise Hercules.  Bing rather annoyed me this time, refusing to give me action poses other then stances with a raised fist.  I tried a number of different wordings for it.  It never once attempted the bicep bands, and had no idea what to do with the wrap glasses nor the belt.  Curiously, it was much more accurate with the fingerless gloves request than any previous attempts made with other characters sporting them (it's my go-to glove style).  I could also not seem to direct it in the look of the punching fist, though it did manage to stumble in the direction I wanted once or twice.  I once tried the word "knuckles" instead of "fist" which led to the otherwise awesome Jim Lee comic style picture, top, second from left.  I wasn't expecting brass knuckles, though thinking about it now, I'd totally use such a graphic were it in game.

I do like the "vs. werewolves" one.  It comes close to capturing the attitude I was seeking.

2024_02_24_streetwise_hercules.thumb.jpg.2fc00887c4c49f8028dae18b22f9c841.jpg

• Like 4

Spot the difference!

Johnny Rocketboots
image.png.5197301bdea420d228272f9477d802a1.png

AI Imposter

image.thumb.png.d900264a4977c4e5e33b8cd9c67b8977.png

Let's try "in the style of the video game City of Heroes"...

image.thumb.png.1b33674bd53b07d933967c550ed28d72.png
Heh, it recognises the City of Heroes' login screen. 😄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Robothenri said:

Here's some of my Robotics/Time MM, "Cpt Ook. Space Monkey"

CptOOK.thumb.jpg.23dc42bb4f67747915957ab52e491aee.jpg

OIG2.thumb.jpg.545db2a860011767d48159a3352dea1c.jpg

Coincidentally last night I was trying to get the AI to generate 3 of my characters on the moon, one of them being Space Monkey from Live. Because I was again foolishly attempting 3 toons at once, the results were very not good. Yours are much better.

Edited by Trike
  • Like 1

Trying out PlaygroundAI's RealVis XL settings...

DW, looking classy (though I can almost never get it to put the spiderweb design over the chest...)

a-photorealistic-middle-distance-still-of-a-female-superhero-wearing-a-black-leather-spiderweb-bust.thumb.png.094f6d20d5f8fd2ba41d936bd0879585.png

Ranger Emily, looking pensive (why do the eyes come out tinted?)

a-photorealistic-middle-distance-still-of-a-female-soldier-messy-red-hair-with-a-green-bandana-gre.thumb.png.7f54e17291552ff4b18ccfbe41742854.png

...and Captain Thunder - oddly, the hardest one to instruct on (not least "how do I remove the weird spoiler thing from the back?)

But other than that... yep. We like.

a-photorealistic-middle-distance-still-of-a-male-superhero-in-full-white-body-armour-with-blue-decal.thumb.jpg.ed857b96fd1e011a84371e4a2cde5781.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

Not quite the same, but I found OpenArt.ai which has an app to transform art (or game images) into more realistic photo quality images.

Here's my favorite defender, Windy Skye... the base image I used from the game and how OpenArt interpreted it:

V5zXmN2.jpg Uxln1tZ.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1