AI Generative Art

sbloyd

I turned my attention to my MA/SR scrapper Ace Barnstormer, and although I was never able to get the A.I. to completely understand me, it did deliver some cool results, even if it did feel so insecure that it had to supply two sets of goggles to some pilots.

2024_02_05_AI_Ace_B_showcase.thumb.jpg.191cc7c992b8827b958a2c4840231110.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Let me know what you think? 100% Down for Critiques and Input.. I usually do Elder Scrolls online Content,This is the first in a zone to zone kind of guide for the Nubs and anyone down to enjoy! 

City of Heroes: Get to know Paragon City and Atlas Park <-- Youtube Channel Vid! ❤️ 

image.thumb.png.5d9ff23857a51c0cec9751380d7e9bee.png

• Like 1

Microsoft Creator does a pretty decent job of rendering Kheldian forms, surprisingly!

image.thumb.jpeg.1422bb238149f785b58a242bce53b043.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.630e14446f697f5312eafca947b4455a.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Finland 1

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

Adding "concept art" to my character-turnaround prompt looks pretty good, too.  Here's one:

image.png.e697eafcc01984f919e3fc6f40ba429f.png

• Like 5

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

I'm revisiting a picture of my oldest D&D character. I drew the picture over 30 years ago. This is just a fun experiment, inpainting a piece at a time. The original image is SMOL so I have limits.

Melissa.jpg

A_Japanese_woman_meditating__She_has_red_hair__and_is_wearing_a_blue_t_S1_St50_G7.5.jpeg

• Like 5

Using the Microsoft creator, I've hit the text limit on the prompts; luckily it appears that going into Copilot and saying "Draw me a picture with the following prompt: blah blah" gets you around that.  Whew!

Couple of questions:

1) Prompts are fairly universal, yes? I.E. they'd garner the mostly same results across the various generator platforms? (I ask because I'm using free online ones atm)

2) I'm having difficulty getting results for two characters of mine. One is basically a living pile of amorphous garbage and the other is a drow female that has a rather muscular body type.
 Prompt suggestions for both?

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions!!

19 minutes ago, OldManMercy said:

Couple of questions:

1) Prompts are fairly universal, yes? I.E. they'd garner the mostly same results across the various generator platforms? (I ask because I'm using free online ones atm)

2) I'm having difficulty getting results for two characters of mine. One is basically a living pile of amorphous garbage and the other is a drow female that has a rather muscular body type.

1- No.  They're totally dependant upon what models the generator is trained on.  If I have a generator that's trained only on, say, Pixar characters the results will be a lot different than one that's trained on everything on DeviantArt.

2 - It's hard to get a drow; I guess there's a lot of dark elf pr0n out there.  Best I was able to get is...

image.png.8fed64a8c0b7a0d1f9d06a73480b872e.png

...but that was after a LOT of tries the system kicked out.  The prompt was

wide angle, full body, cel shaded, fantasy, style of artstation, character design, character turnaround, concept art, reference sheet, elf woman, pointy ears, long white hair, dark purple skin, glowing red eyes

Trash guy, though... is a little TOO humanoid:

image.png.faad7730976d9c051a38328cbeb88cea.png

character design, humanoid shape made out of garbage, tricicyle for a head, crouched in an alleyway

1 hour ago, OldManMercy said:

It’s weird how it has trouble with some characters. I’ve made some female drow warriors in Bing, so it doesn’t have a problem with it. What I *have* discovered is that sometimes the order you ask things makes a difference. For instance “hero flying” returns different results than “flying hero”. No idea why, other than maybe that’s how the training images were tagged.

Upload a game screenshot of the toon and we can give describing it a go.

Here are some of the ones I’ve made:

Prompt: art station style, photo realist, a female drow elf warrior with white hair, pointed ears, and deep black skin tone

IMG-3140.jpg
IMG-3139.jpg
IMG-3141.jpg
IMG-3138.jpg
IMG-3137.jpg

Prompt: art station style, cel shaded, dynamic pose, full body, a female drow elf archer with white hair, pointed ears, and deep black skin tone

IMG-3145.jpg
IMG-3144.jpg
IMG-3143.jpg
IMG-3142.jpg

• Like 1

I've been tinkering from time to time trying to get a rendition of my Beam Rifle Sentinel, Sox, an alleycat implanted in the chest of a suit of powered armor.

image.png.cf0cc0427c71c901c7078a35ef952981.png

a suit of human shaped red and gold steampunk powered armor with an entire black and white alleycat sitting  where the head and chest should be, carrying a futuristic beam rifle

The hard part was getting to to not just put a cat head on a Space Marine.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, sbloyd said:

Adding "concept art" to my character-turnaround prompt looks pretty good, too.  Here's one:

image.png.e697eafcc01984f919e3fc6f40ba429f.png

I’m going to have to try this. I’ve accidentally received turnarounds but never asked for them.

Last night I was goofing around with keywords like “orthographic view with annotated schematics” and it included “art station style” in the pictures. Bit of a surprise, so I leaned into it. One of my robot characters was created by Percival Perry, so I tried asking for “Percy Perry PTY 1885” and some were actually pretty good.

IMG-3097.jpg
IMG-3103.jpg
IMG-3109.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, sbloyd said:

I've been tinkering from time to time trying to get a rendition of my Beam Rifle Sentinel, Sox, an alleycat implanted in the chest of a suit of powered armor.

image.png.cf0cc0427c71c901c7078a35ef952981.png

a suit of human shaped red and gold steampunk powered armor with an entire black and white alleycat sitting  where the head and chest should be, carrying a futuristic beam rifle

The hard part was getting to to not just put a cat head on a Space Marine.

Does Sox need a pet cat? We have several varieties currently in stock at Trike’s Robo Emporium in Skyway City.

IMG-3120.jpg
IMG-3123.jpg
IMG-3124.jpg
IMG-3125.jpg

Tony Montana as the prime dealer of Girl Scout Mint Thins.

(...no, zero connection with COH, but I made this and it made me laugh)

al-pacino-as-scarface-surrounded-by-empty-boxes-of-girl-scout-mint-thins-unreal-engine-greg-rutkow.png.64b7b58cc75ce08ed83cf978905f5bb7.png

• Haha 3

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

Next up on my attempts was my little ray of Summer-of-Love sunshine, the mentally-stuck-in-1967 water Sentinel,  Aged Of Aquarius.  See his in-game version here.

I must say, although Bing's image generator never hit every point I was making (it had no idea what to do with "purple shoulder pads"), every image it generated was spiritually right on target.  I really liked this attempt.  The hard part was culling the results down to just a few.

Although I tweaked the description several times, here's the core of it:  thin, smiling 76-year-old Caucasian hippy male, scraggly long grey hair, round wire glasses, green and blue tie-die long-sleeve T-shirt with pink and yellow peace symbol on center front, tight blue jeans with bell bottoms and embroidered gold stars, brown sleeveless jacket with high collar, purple short fingerless leather gloves, standing in shallow pool of splashing water, water jets from his raised hands

AgedOfAquarius-composite1.thumb.jpg.f2e13c02f775f5006fef3a0391bbc2f8.jpgAgedOfAquarius-composite2.thumb.jpg.4089518d624f8feb80c33312411bd3a0.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

Next up on my attempts was my little ray of Summer-of-Love sunshine, the mentally-stuck-in-1967 water Sentinel,  Aged Of Aquarius.  See his in-game version here.

I must say, although Bing's image generator never hit every point I was making (it had no idea what to do with "purple shoulder pads"), every image it generated was spiritually right on target.  I really liked this attempt.  The hard part was culling the results down to just a few.

Although I tweaked the description several times, here's the core of it:  thin, smiling 76-year-old Caucasian hippy male, scraggly long grey hair, round wire glasses, green and blue tie-die long-sleeve T-shirt with pink and yellow peace symbol on center front, tight blue jeans with bell bottoms and embroidered gold stars, brown sleeveless jacket with high collar, purple short fingerless leather gloves, standing in shallow pool of splashing water, water jets from his raised hands

AgedOfAquarius-composite1.thumb.jpg.f2e13c02f775f5006fef3a0391bbc2f8.jpgAgedOfAquarius-composite2.thumb.jpg.4089518d624f8feb80c33312411bd3a0.jpg

really like Bottom Middle.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Techwright said:

I put Mellowstone in the other thread, but he belongs here. Keep on truckin, brother.

IMG-1869.jpg
IMG-1868.jpg
IMG-1866.jpg
IMG-1864.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Adding style of vector art alongside cel shaded yields some nice results for my usual prompt lead-up:

image.png.32206a0793b16901a7aae84ef44907be.png

• Like 4