AI Generative Art

sbloyd

5 hours ago, Krimson said:

For fun I ran Blue's Freedom Force skin through Krea. I am definitely going to use some parts of this. The face turned out better than expected.

Screenshot (233).png

The face is quite good. The legs and arms not quite as good.

So do,you have to make skeletons for these or can you just import them over the existing game sprites?

2 minutes ago, Trike said:

So do,you have to make skeletons for these or can you just import them over the existing game sprites?

I'm using a 22 year old 3D mesh that I'm texturing. You might notice in the screenshots that I am mostly working on one side and then mirroring parts over. 

7 hours ago, Trike said:

This is what the texture I am working on currently looks like.

BlueIdoruSkinWIP.png

For those using KREA, is there a way to "edit" or "tell" the AI to make the Enhanced face look to be of a certain race, cause there was once an asian looking character turned out looking white after I tried Enhancing the character.

40 minutes ago, Palehood said:

For those using KREA, is there a way to "edit" or "tell" the AI to make the Enhanced face look to be of a certain race, cause there was once an asian looking character turned out looking white after I tried Enhancing the character.

I believe you can click on the right side to expand the options and add prompts to it along with some sliders to play with.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Marshal_General said:

I believe you can click on the right side to expand the options and add prompts to it along with some sliders to play with.

Yes, exactly.  There's a button that says "Settings" below where your uploaded image is.  When you click it, there's a box for Prompt which usually auto-generates to describe the image you uploaded; If it doesn't, there is a little Auto-Generate button in the bottom left corner of that box. In this box, I usually specify things like "Asian Woman" or "Robot Man" as appropriate.  Don't assume it's always correct, either.  I've noticed the auto-prompt give me partially incorrect descriptions like calling a blonde a redhead or giving me weird descriptions of things in the background that just aren't there.  Fix it here.

After that, there's a drop-down menu (Default, Flat Sharp, Strong, Reinterpretation, Oil Painting, Digital Art), followed by some sliders (AI Strength, Resemblance, Clarity), a Color Correction button, and another prompt box called Negative Prompt where you put in things that you don't want to see.  This one is going to be hit or miss depending on how much you mess with your options, but it's not a miracle magic deletion button that will make anything you don't want go away... I wish, though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Palehood said:

As Player2 says, you can specify things in the prompt box under Settings.

I added “Korean woman in her 20s wearing a traditional Korean outfit” to the prompt for the enhanced version of Mirror Spirit:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Player2 said:

I've noticed the auto-prompt give me partially incorrect descriptions like calling a blonde a redhead or giving me weird descriptions of things in the background that just aren't there. 

It is a bit strange how it sees things. In the Back Alley Brawler one it said he had his arms crossed. No idea how it came to that conclusion.

vUG4qKv.png1.thumb.png.88825161358a00e73e2bfce45df3c9e6.png2.thumb.png.f955c903fd7282f738731b5f070dbbf8.png4.thumb.png.9736be5a8a253225db7bc67f8c13ba9a.png7.PNG.deefb702062c737e70babd6459d62fda.PNG

I cannot seem to do backgrounds well as Krimson can.  The above is the result of literal hours of loading files into Krea and continually adjusting the prompts to achieve better results.  My opinions on it are...mixed. 

Edited by Cyri
  • Like 5

Torchbearer

QR-enhanced(3).thumb.png.5662253a83e961367218f5b343790b69.pngQoeuralanRysa.thumb.png.2958e6aab26dd738bec192aa5805654d.pngQoeuralanRysaU1.thumb.png.19cca489c19fa04d96c2a400f9e9c7a9.png

At this point, I believe I have gone as far as I can today until I can think of new ways to describe what I want produced.  These preceded those from above.  Not sure if any of them are good, or which are better.  I mean, they're not terrible, but I need to work on this if I am going to get the desired results.

• Like 5

Torchbearer

3 hours ago, Cyri said:

At this point, I believe I have gone as far as I can today until I can think of new ways to describe what I want produced.  These preceded those from above.  Not sure if any of them are good, or which are better.  I mean, they're not terrible, but I need to work on this if I am going to get the desired results.

I've found that with all of these AI programs sometimes the order in which you phrase things has an effect, but I'm not entirely sure what the difference is. It's very much a black box.

For instance, I did a bunch of anthropomorphic characters and I wanted them all to have a variation of the game's paw print inside a circle as their common feature. If I put that first, I got paw prints all over the picture, but if I put it last then 9 out of 10 times it added them where I wanted. Sometimes it surprised me, like when it put the paw print on a dog's collar and on a polar bear's belt. 

After many iterations and squeezing my brain for thesaurus words, I found that "emblem" was the best word to describe what I was looking for. "They have a chest emblem that is a stylized paw print inside a circle." But it took me dozens of attempts to get to that solution.

I didn't keep the ones that were far misses, but I kept a few examples.

I asked for an anthropomorphic wolf wearing green tights with the paw print. This was the result. Why it rendered a female with long hair I have no idea, probably because the furry community does this, but it was getting close to what I wanted.

IMG-1579.jpg

Same with the caracal, except this time I used the word "emblem".
IMG-1630.jpg

So close!

IMG-1578.jpg

So then I tried moving that specific ask -- "a chest emblem that is a stylized paw print inside a circle" -- to different places in the prompt. Once I put it in last place I got consistent placement with my "wolf wearing green". Except it kept giving me lady wolves with hair. (I also removed the "wearing brown boots" ask because it looked dumb.)

IMG-1581.jpg
IMG-1583.jpg

So I specifically asked for a male wolf, and that did the trick.

IMG-1582.jpg

After that I simply swapped out different animals and colors. Instead of "wolf" and "green" I did "chimpanzee" and "yellow", or "lion" and "maroon", etc.

IMG-1519.jpg

IMG-1648.jpg
IMG-1569.jpg
IMG-1618.jpg

This was dozens of attempts over a couple weeks, and it was frustrating... until I broke through with the right word placement. Then it was just a matter of plugging in different animals to see what I could get. The program absolutely refuses to make a bull, again probably because of swingers, but substituting buffalo and bison worked. Then I started messing around with camera angles and I decided to try to do a version of the classic Justice League cover where they're all looking up at the viewer.

Justice-League-1-jpg-optimal.jpg

And that's how I ended up with a massive desktop wallpaper-sized version of a bunch of animal characters. I rendered them individually, then took them into a free program called paint.net and pasted them together. It was a lot of work, and i actually forgot to include a couple. Again, check out the bear, panda and Akita on the left side. The program can sometimes surprise you.

(Click the pic to see the full size.)

Superbeasts-Team-Up-Gradient-BG.jpg

Edited by Trike
clarified a thing
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Trike said:

I've found that with all of these AI programs sometimes the order in which you phrase things has an effect, but I'm not entirely sure what the difference is. It's very much a black box.

For instance, I did a bunch of anthropomorphic characters and I wanted them all to have a variation of the game's paw print inside a circle as their common feature. If I put that first, I got paw prints all over the picture, but if I put it last then 9 out of 10 times it added them where I wanted. Sometimes it surprised me, like when it put the paw print on a dog's collar and on a polar bear's belt. 

After many iterations and squeezing my brain for thesaurus words, I found that "emblem" was the best word to describe what I was looking for. "They have a chest emblem that is a stylized paw print inside a circle." But it took me dozens of attempts to get to that solution.

I didn't keep the ones that were far misses, but I kept a few examples.

I asked for an anthropomorphic wolf wearing green tights with the paw print. This was the result. Why it rendered a female with long hair I have no idea, probably because the furry community does this, but it was getting close to what I wanted.

IMG-1579.jpg

Same with the caracal, except this time I used the word "emblem".
IMG-1630.jpg

So close!

IMG-1578.jpg

So then I tried moving that specific ask -- "a chest emblem that is a stylized paw print inside a circle" -- to different places in the prompt. Once I put it in last place I got consistent placement with my "wolf wearing green". Except it kept giving me lady wolves with hair. (I also removed the "wearing brown boots" ask because it looked dumb.)

IMG-1581.jpg
IMG-1583.jpg

So I specifically asked for a male wolf, and that did the trick.

IMG-1582.jpg

After that I simply swapped out different animals and colors. Instead of "wolf" and "green" I did "chimpanzee" and "yellow", or "lion" and "maroon", etc.

IMG-1519.jpg

IMG-1648.jpg
IMG-1569.jpg
IMG-1618.jpg

This was dozens of attempts over a couple weeks, and it was frustrating... until I broke through with the right word placement. Then it was just a matter of plugging in different animals to see what I could get. The program absolutely refuses to make a bull, again probably because of swingers, but substituting buffalo and bison worked. Then I started messing around with camera angles and I decided to try to do a version of the classic Justice League cover where they're all looking up at the viewer.

Justice-League-1-jpg-optimal.jpg

And that's how I ended up with a massive desktop wallpaper-sized version of a bunch of animal characters. I rendered them individually, then took them into a free program called paint.net and pasted them together. It was a lot of work, and i actually forgot to include a couple. Again, check out the bear, panda and Akita on the left side. The program can sometimes surprise you.

(Click the pic to see the full size.)

Superbeasts-Team-Up-Gradient-BG.jpg

Somewhat related. I made these yesterday.

21C092B2D45B76791F9D212099500560536A3A0C2F171776FEC530666FB58C6D.jpg

63C9192326FBE35726645AEB949C75BB303AB8669FF3AF53115760F3EA142C9C.jpg

0F1BDE49DDA22DA63E5597E821475F97026AF9F4FF7EB1B99800BBBB7E3B3EBF.jpg

50DF9D125EE4854013012F8765E2C6D55649005F126E629EB3ADECFBFB54C494.jpg

4B82BCC5399F3B4A22EF078FC0C17661207B7E85693A23EF407BEE4406898B16.jpg

• Like 2

screenshot-240425-21-01-35-enhanced.png

The MindBrain is online...

image-enhanced.png

NecroAngel

image-enhanced-3.png

Big Bad Baby Eater is craving a little snack...

image-enhanced-1.png

Floodstorm is all wet

screenshot-240425-20-46-07-enhanced.png

Crafter has something for you.  It's pain.

image-enhanced-2.png

Viridian Storm... because Green Lightning sounds both dull and derivative.

MM4-enhanced.pngMM5-enhanced.png

Mister Mojo will have you rising with his gravity tricks.

BG4-enhanced.pngBG5-enhanced.png

We do not talk about the Big Guns.

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, Krimson said:

Prompts are your friends. Don't trust Krea to auto-generate them.

enhanced-image - 2024-04-22T105213.002.png

Thank you  🙂.  I have played with them quite a lot.  What I meant was that I seem to have exhausted my imagination for prompts for a bit.  After several hours (and I had fun, mind you XD), nothing I did seemed to offer any kind of meaningful improvement. 

What I HAVE noticed is that the style of art one elects to choose seems to alter the results significantly (as it should) but I was not aware of the style thing at first.  I went with default.  Then I noticed it and made changes.

I would ask you whether you have noticed the AI Strength and Resemblance getting better or worse as they're increased or decreased?  That is, put more simply, where do you feel you get the best results.  You and P2 seem to generate good results.  I have followed your character generation with some interest for a bit now and I do wonder how you do it.  I am aware of the prompts, but what else do you do? 

Thank you for your time  😊.

Torchbearer