Is global recharge capped?

Hi all. Hoping to get some clarity on a game mechanic: is global recharge soft- or hard-capped in anyway?

In other words, can I stack 5LotG, plus as many recharge set bonuses, plus hasten, plus Force Feedback +recharge, plus anything I may have missed(*)? Or is there a point at which stacking any more global recharge is useless due to hitting a soft- or hard-cap?

Thanks!

(*) Bonus question: did I miss any source of global recharge?

Yes, there is a hard cap, but you won’t hit it on your own without team buffs. It’s +400% IIRC? So I guess some builds could get close while Force Feedback is active.

Edited by arcane

7 minutes ago, DrCereal said:

Hi all. Hoping to get some clarity on a game mechanic: is global recharge soft- or hard-capped

Both.

+Recharge from all sources is capped at +400%.  The actual mechanic in question limits powers to 500% total, but the game treats all powers as having 100% because the -Recharge debuff has to have something to work on.  So an unslotted power is at 100% Recharge and can benefit from another 400%.

Slotting powers with Recharge Reduction enhancements counts toward the +400%.  A power with 95% Recharge Reduction from enhancements can only benefit from 305% global +Recharge, for example.  Even if you do acquire enough global +Recharge to hit the cap (turn the number blue in the Combat Attributes window), every % above what you needed to hit 400 is ignored.  Note that this is on a power-by-power basis.  Powers with fewer or no Recharge Reduction enhancements will have a higher soft limit to benefitting from global +Recharge.

Alpha slot +Recharge counts toward the total.  If you have ~125% Recharge for a power after the Alpha adjustment, that further reduces the total global +Recharge which will benefit that power.

All buffs count toward the total.  Hasten, Accelerate Metabolism, Speed Boost, the empowerment buff from base empowerment stations, set bonuses, non-Alpha Incarnate powers buffing your +Recharge, everything that grants +Recharge goes into the pool.

So, the hard cap is +400%, and the soft cap is 400% - enhancement values (which includes the Alpha adjustment, for Incarnated characters).

25 minutes ago, DrCereal said:

Or is there a point at which stacking any more global recharge is useless due to hitting a soft- or hard-cap?

Helpful for powers with less or no Recharge Reduction slotted, and gives you some wiggle room when enemies tag you with -Recharge.  Otherwise, once your attack chain is fluid and your long recharge time powers are at acceptable recharge times for your play style, there's not much point.  Like Endurance Reduction, the more +Recharge you have, the more you need to make a big difference.  Once you reach a build's sweet spot, you're talking about shaving hundredths of a second off of recharge times, not tenths of or full seconds, for every 1% you add, and every 1% is harder and harder to squeeze in.

• Thumbs Up 4

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

4 hours ago, DrCereal said:

Hi all. Hoping to get some clarity on a game mechanic: is global recharge soft- or hard-capped in anyway?

In other words, can I stack 5LotG, plus as many recharge set bonuses, plus hasten, plus Force Feedback +recharge, plus anything I may have missed(*)? Or is there a point at which stacking any more global recharge is useless due to hitting a soft- or hard-cap?

Thanks!

SG base buff: +20% for 90 mins at a time.  P2W vendor +15%, Destiny Ageless

As to caps, a good page to look at: https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Limits

13 hours ago, DrCereal said:

Thanks!

You want to look at the Dom boards for numbers and strategies.  Those folks are all about making Domination perma.  I think ( not memorized) it takes +90% global recharge on top of Hasten to do this.  When I run Doms i try to get +100 or more.   This is REALLY FREAKING difficult. Every set you slap in has to have significant global rech on top of doing one or two other build goals.  

• Like 1

On 2/6/2024 at 2:41 PM, DrCereal said:

In other words, can I stack 5LotG, plus as many recharge set bonuses,

Worth noting, since you're apparently trying to max out recharge - some sets give a 7.5% recharge bonus.  This is different and distinct from the Luck of the Gambler 7.5% bonus.  So you can have *TEN* bonuses at the 7.5% level as long as five are from LotG and five from other sources.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Microphone 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 2/7/2024 at 12:47 AM, Snarky said:

You want to look at the Dom boards for numbers and strategies.  Those folks are all about making Domination perma.  I think ( not memorized) it takes +90% global recharge on top of Hasten to do this.  When I run Doms i try to get +100 or more.   This is REALLY FREAKING difficult. Every set you slap in has to have significant global rech on top of doing one or two other build goals.  

+105 is the goal for me.  Then with the SG base buff (which is very cheap to keep going unlike P2W), you have +125 which is good for perma dom for 90 minutes at a time even if you forget or are unable to hit hasten.  This prevents the issue of losing it every time I need to go AFK or something (which is the most annoying part of the binary nature of dom for me, how it punishes those that might have IRL issues that occasionally interrupt gameplay).  Needing to rebuild it once every 90 mins isn't too big a deal.  

But yeah, you tend to have to give up defensive or proc opportunities to get there. 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 3:47 AM, Snarky said:

When I run Doms i try to get +100 or more.   This is REALLY FREAKING difficult.

I think you mean really freaking EXPENSIVE.

It's not hard if you have enough purple sets.  When I built a dominator, I picked the powersets that would allow me to use the maximum number of purple sets that gave +recharge.  If you start with that kind of ass-backwards planning, it's not so hard.  🙂

P.S.  This was back on live, so it really WAS expensive.

Edited by Ironblade
  • Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

24 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

I think you mean really freaking EXPENSIVE.

It's not hard if you have enough purple sets.  When I built a dominator, I picked the powersets that would allow me to use the maximum number of purple sets that gave +recharge.  If you start with that kind of ass-backwards planning, it's not so hard.  🙂

P.S.  This was back on live, so it really WAS expensive.

Yeah but it is difficult for my theme driven brain to make that design choice.  I think mine crams all 5 of those bonuses on.  But I struggle to like Doms. Not enough AoE for me.  AoE is king in modern endgame.  Or at level 9 where my new project is.