How much in game currency do you have on hand.

How much in game currency do you have?  

189 members have voted

1. 1. This is available in game currency, not value of your toons, salvage, enhancements.

• Hey pal, can you spare me a dime? < 1 million
    • I get by pay check to pay check. 1 - 10 million
    • I do ok, but I have dreams. 10 - 100 million
    • I am comfortable. Can build what I want if I save. 100 - 600 million
    • On Easy street. 600 million - 2 billion
    • Anything I want I can get. 2 - 20 billion
    • I have to make mule alts to hold my cash. 20 billion 100 billion
    • I think I have a hoarding problem. 100 billion 250 billion
    • iT'S ALL MINE! 250 billion to ???

1 hour ago, LinkAiris said:

Also, when you say "playing on higher difficulty," do you mean setting the missions to +4/x8, or are there other ways to increase the difficulty for better rewards?

Either increasing the number of players you play as (x8 will result in significantly more opponents, although not eight times as many, and more defeats equal more inf from defeats) or increasing difficulty (which will increase the amount of inf per defeat) will get you more inf.  More opponents will also get you more item drops, but higher difficulty will not give you better item drops as far as I know.

Do you have any specific guides or resources you recommend for learning about AE farming or playing the market?

Try looking through this and finding something that works for you:

• Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the tips! I've been struggling with the same issue and your advice is really helpful.

I never considered multi-boxing or really diving into the market, but it sounds like that's where a lot of the influence can be made. Do you have any specific guides or resources you recommend for learning about AE farming or playing the market?

Also, when you say "playing on higher difficulty," do you mean setting the missions to +4/x8, or are there other ways to increase the difficulty for better rewards?

Appreciate any additional tips you can share!

To be clear, in order to make a solid post 50 farmer, its going to take time and lots of influence to do so.  For new players, that can be a catch 22 seeing as your wanting a farmer because you dont have influence but need influence to make a decent farmer.

As for playing the market, there's a guides section as well as the market subforum section too you can look in but for most, its a matter of having, seed money to start then choosing one or all (and more) below:

1. flipping low bids on good recipes/enhancers listed

2. buying low priced recipes to then craft and list for profit as enhancements

3. buying low priced recipes/or enhancers then spending for enhancement converters to switch(gamble) it to a better priced enhancer for proft.

etc.

As for post 50 farming as a whole, you're wanting to have mobs eventually(as most farmers have to ramp up over time as they increase in their incarnate tiers and their sets being all up to task), being 54 (+4 dif) and yes with a team size of 8 set as well so to ensure you have the most mobs per the farm mission's settings.

But also important of course is which mission(s) you choose matching your specific build/AT power sets etc. There are hundreds if not thousands of player made farm missions, some being old and out dated that can wreck players.  Some prefer to focus on boss lt minion vs EB boss LT minion missions(or the reverse, large map, small map, other aspects of the map, AFK farming missions vs active(and of course those are two different builds) and much much more.

Its a recipe of things all trying to have goals of the most exp per hour efficiency for your goals.

Edited by Sanguinesun

Posted (edited)

Up front notes.  No farming done.  No real market selling for profit.  All toons kitted out with Set IOs (in a responsible fashion with ZERO purples (they are sold).  I craft the more expensive ones (use converters to swap a junker for a gem).  All is on hand.  I sell what the spreadsheet says I don't need.  I am comfortable.

All level 50's minus the bankers have 20 MIL on hand.  (20 of them so 400 MIL) - That's for team handouts ("I don't have TT or MT" kinds of moments, or rewards for people who were great fun on a team)  I am not Yomo or Monty or Captain Canada? .

Total non-50's leveling - Currently 20 - Each has average 40 MIL +/- 10 MIL in either direction (800 MIL) - That's for Set IO buys, as well as Power buys and charity

Mules - 2 of them, each around 850 MIL

I keep a float of about 5 E-Mails each contain 10 MIL when I get the creation urge.  My creation urges are slowing down as I platy the 50's in rotation more.  New powers are when the itch flares (yes I should get that itch checked out).

Edited by High_Beam
spelling errors. Probably more.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Are we only counting influence totals on hand, or estimating the amount of influence we'd have if we'd liquidate our assets?

First scenario I have more than 1 influence. Second scenario I have more than 10 influence.

• Haha 2

I haven't done a thorough accounting in about six months. When I do, I keep track of a few categories.

-- Cash value. I count actual Inf on characters, market bids which could be canceled instantly for full value, and Inf stored in emails. Last I tallied it, this category was 88% of my net worth, spread over several accounts.

-- Market value. I count items currently posted for sale in this category at 90% of listed price. Last checked, this was just over 1%.

-- Inventory value. All items I keep in storage against a rainy day, marked to the items' long term value. I don't keep a lot of inventory variety; mainly unopened superpacks, ultimate inspirations, ATO's, regular Purples, and certain special HOs. This is just over 10%.

There's a lot of miscellaneous assets which I could count but don't, because they're tedious to track. They probably don't add up to much in total. And some are dubious as wealth -- for example, how do you count a free tailor session? It has worth, but you can't convert it into inf or even trade it. It represents a potential future cost avoidance. I suppose I could create a fourth category and at least know how much of such things I have, but I don't.

I am currently stashing my cash in the email system.  I have about 18 billion and 24 characters, with most of the inf in emails.  What is the best way to stash your cash?  Most of my alts are youngsters.  Do I have to worry about under 50-character banks getting deleted?

I like to hover around 10-20 billion I only do markets now for "fun" a few times a year when I get closer to 10 billion. And try to give 10 billion away each year. 

That is just in email. I don't keep track of how much is in each alt. I have about 100 ish alts 75-95 I think now. All with 3 build (pve/PvP/hard mode) builds probably worth 300-500 million each build.  

Then the supplies I keep in my vault base maybe worth 1 billion or so? Could be more. The vault base is new as I have need more and more new players I now hord some of the more usfule iOS to give out of needed and not just inf. 

I am surprised at the chart myself but I'm also not sure how many of the "Ritch" people i know in game use the forms.

Oooh+something+shiny_ef8d00_3617821.gif

6a98c3626f6625f92e92df51056ca33c.gif

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 5/22/2024 at 12:52 AM, American Decoy said:

Do I have to worry about under 50-character banks getting deleted?

No, the worst that might happen in the future is their names might go up for grabs. But even that system is apparently on indefinite (and possibly infinite) hold. 

I thought for sure I put a response to this and looked through it and didn't see one. According to the poll, I'm in the top 2.27%. 
Each character I have, unless I'm leveling the character up (they start with zero, usually) will have 1B on hand. Emails each have 1 inf shy of 1B across multiple accounts. Because we can only hold 100 emails, I had to make another account because I just don't have the creativity to make a character to specifically hold inf, and the email is 100X more convenient than logging a character off, then back on to access the funds. 

The reason for the holding only 1B, is if they hold more, then I have to work with the AH or another character to do something with the inf on hand to grab the email. 

As far as contests go, I might stop and watch, but I rarely even think about participating. If I were to win, it would take the prize from someone who likely would need it more than me. 
Now, if you have a contest offering 100B, maybe I'll think about it. 

I am So poor! All my toons live in rent-controlled apartments in Kings Row.  I try to win money in CC but am far to ugly!

When I see toons like Monty Haull and Money Mouse in atlas park, I run over. It's strange though Money Mouse Is never seen in the same place as my toons.

Yomo gave me influence once, 100 million but I spent it all on cheap booze.   

I heard that Monty Haull has a new GAME SHOW where you can win billions! I tried to get in to the game show but " Money Mouse " said " if you show up, I am leaving!"

hmmm maybe because Money Mouse is my alt and I have only one account 🙂

I honestly just quit keeping track of influence at some point 18 months ago.  I do know I have 15-20 ‘retired’ alts all at 50+3 with all T4 incarnate powers and each of them have max influence (2B I think?  Been awhile).  And I always have several billion sitting in email, usually in 250MM-400MM chunks, which I use to seed start new alts.  

But there’s just not much to spend influence on in the game, so no real need to chase it/keep track of it.  I do marketeer, but I’m a filthy casual at best, generally just craft/convert/sell or slot what I get from drops.  Doing this through the 60-65 levels needed to get to 50 and finish the incarnate levels almost always puts me at the influence cap.   Although most of mine was made from AFK farming originally.