I ding level 36 and head to RWZ and see this...

Perfidy

11 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

Get this player a Bug Hunter badge!

The devs have indicated that, while it's not an official rule, in general they are much more inclined to award the badge if it is not asked for than they are if it is asked for.

That's a bug?  I always got that message if I zoned straight from an AE farm to RWZ to get the Vanguard badge, and didn't drop off the AE team "Task Force."  I thought it was just somebody behind the scenes being a farthammer about farming.

• Like 1

Well, which is it, young feller?  You want I should freeze or get down on the ground?
If'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop.  And if'n I drop I'll be in motion.

On 2/14/2024 at 5:41 AM, Water said:

The devs have indicated that, while it's not an official rule, in general they are much more inclined to award the badge if it is not asked for than they are if it is asked for.

Let me translate, do not ask.  Look, here is motivation for not asking. Fetch!

On 2/14/2024 at 6:41 AM, Water said:

Neither the OP nor InvaderStych asked anything.

• Thanks 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Bug Hunter is generally awarded for finding exploits or game-stoppers, and showing the steps to reproduce the problem.

And the reason it's less likely to be given to people who ask for it is to avoid accusations of favoritism or prejudice.  They'd either spend every waking moment trying to explain why Player A got the badge but Player B didn't, or they'd be forced to hand it out for the most trivial things to prevent infighting and hostility.

• Thanks 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.