Crazy (ME!) and the interaction with Gamin' Rules and the world

Snarky

18 minutes ago, Perfidy said:

So, just in case you guys didn't know, Snarky had to search high and low for a unicycle to have this picture taken. Apparently the bag pipes are a regular thing.

Just kidding. 

this is not a picture i took, but i have seen this guy riding around portland a few times

• Haha 1

The Baby New Year thing ("take your kid to work day") IIRC, was terminated after teams of players entered a mish or portal and left piles of dead babies behind. Yeah, not a good look!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

1 hour ago, DoctorDitko said:

Yeah, not a good look!

It is if you hate Baby New Year...

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 hour ago, Marshal_General said:

What's wrong with twinked?

I am not up to date on this week's level of stupid.

Controversy
Due to its suspected origins,[3] the term has been accused of being ageist and racist.[11]

Perceptions and discrimination
The twink stereotype has been criticized for its homogenous descriptions, usually bringing to mind thin, white, able-bodied, blond-haired young men. As with many terms, modern usage has broadened the term to include more diverse parts of the community.

Words are defined by common usage and this one just isn't commonly used in MMO communities anymore.   Probably less because of any "political correctness run amok" and more because MMOs quickly wised up and started implementing level and sometimes trade restrictions on gear.  So while there are still certainly advantages of having established high level characters helping out your lower level alts or friends' characters, it's mostly about wealth transfer now and less about having a level 1 decked out in endgame suits of armor and weapons because that stuff could no longer be used by low levels or in some cases even traded/sold at all.

At least that I recall, this was more often used to refer to wearing high level gear gifted from another character than just being "powerleveled" or "farmed" up in levels quickly.  We still use those terms, in fact, and almost never see "twinked" in this same context.