Servers crashing, early am US 2/20/24?

from @CIPHER 

@here Apologies for the second ping. The live shards have been taken down until OVH has finished maintenance. Loss of the part of our infrastructure that relied on the switch was causing issues for the shards and resulted in them becoming unplayable. We'll closely monitor the incident status and bring the shards up as soon as possible.

We will still be performing scheduled maintenance later today.

Edited by MoisesG

Was able to get on at about 5:00am EST but only a few minutes then Mapserved and now they are all down, ouch.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

from @Cipher 

OVH is currently replacing a network switch which our core infrastructure relies on for inter-server communication. We expect all shards to be affected by this, and OVH's estimate for the downtime will be approximately one hour.

You may track this issue through [OVH's incident tracker](https://bare-metal-servers.status-ovhcloud.com/incidents/5fnxpjbwychh).

Edited by MoisesG

From @Cipherd78534a9e0f1cc9a06b822f3c490f9e9.webp?siToday at 4:58 AM

We are experiencing an issue with one of our database servers which has made it unsafe to bring the servers back online right now. We will work on resolving this issue and bringing them up as soon as possible and will keep you updated. Thank you for your patience.
Edited by MoisesG
  • Thumbs Up 5

7 minutes ago, MoisesG said:

From @Cipherd78534a9e0f1cc9a06b822f3c490f9e9.webp?siToday at 4:58 AM

We are experiencing an issue with one of our database servers which has made it unsafe to bring the servers back online right now. We will work on resolving this issue and bringing them up as soon as possible and will keep you updated. Thank you for your patience.

The updates are appreciated, thanks!

1 hour ago, Story Archer said:

Wow - that was eight hours ago... any idea what the problem is?

It seems like the game has been down for about 10 hours now. 

Very scary! I hope everything is ok.

It's a hosting provider issue on the data center end. It's not a question of *if* it will get fixed, but *when*, as switchboard issues can have far reaching consequences to multiple client operations dependent on what's running through that switch and they'll likely have a Priority 1 status on resolving it. That said, maximized priority does not translate to expedient resolution, and there's sometimes smaller problems that crop up as the result of a larger issue that need to be untangled in the aftermath.

In short, don't panic. It's frustrating and inconvenient, but it will get resolved at some point today.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sylph Knight said:

It's a hosting provider issue on the data center end. It's not a question of *if* it will get fixed, but *when*, as switchboard issues can have far reaching consequences to multiple client operations dependent on what's running through that switch and they'll likely have a Priority 1 status on resolving it. That said, maximized priority does not translate to expedient resolution, and there's sometimes smaller problems that crop up as the result of a larger issue that need to be untangled in the aftermath.

In short, don't panic. It's frustrating and inconvenient, but it will get resolved at some point today.

I think it's hilarious when mods and devs accidentally post stuff with their personal accounts. Or vice versa. 😁

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

It's a slow day at work today. I was hoping that the forums would entertain me. With the servers being down you'd think there'd be at least one thread with a high flameage rating. Nope.

I'm not even angry, just disappointed. 😃

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

46 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

It's a slow day at work today. I was hoping that the forums would entertain me. With the servers being down you'd think there'd be at least one thread with a high flameage rating. Nope.

I'm not even angry, just disappointed. 😃

Could have had my day, started out with two drunken 'home displaced' individuals knife fighting with box cutters at 0730.

Ended with a three car pile up.  Yaay.

• Moose 2

10 minutes ago, Amaterasu said:

Could have had my day, started out with two drunken 'home displaced' individuals knife fighting with box cutters at 0730.

Ended with a three car pile up.  Yaay.

Those are two unrelated incidents, I hope?