Dual Pistols single target damage

I look at the stats in game but with the various ammo options I cannot tell what the numbers actually are for damage.  And guides don't seem to be a thing anymore - just uncommented builds.

It seems that there are 3 single target attacks with dual pistols - pistol, dual wield, and suppressive fire.  And people say take pistol and suppressive fire and skip dual wield.

Does suppressive fire do more damage than dual wield as a power, or is it and IO thing with procs or something else that makes suppressive fire good?

Looking at a 3 second hold with incendiary ammo seems pointless.  So I would skip suppressive fire unless it is actually a good damage attack.

Just now, DougGraves said:

I look at the stats in game but with the various ammo options I cannot tell what the numbers actually are for damage.  And guides don't seem to be a thing anymore - just uncommented builds.

It seems that there are 3 single target attacks with dual pistols - pistol, dual wield, and suppressive fire.  And people say take pistol and suppressive fire and skip dual wield.

Does suppressive fire do more damage than dual wield as a power, or is it and IO thing with procs or something else that makes suppressive fire good?

Looking at a 3 second hold with incendiary ammo seems pointless.  So I would skip suppressive fire unless it is actually a good damage attack.

Fire is what you want one most of the time, the others can be useful depending on slot and your at, but very situational depending on the content your doing.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DougGraves said:

You're a game player like me (verus end-game) - if I recall correctly.

If you are a Blaster and tend to get mezed you are going to want both your tier 1 and tier 2 primary because of the inherent.

Defiance allows a blaster to use their tier 1 and 2 primary powers, and their tier 1 secondary power, even while held, slept, stunned, or terrorized. It also gives an additional damage boost as the blaster uses attacks.

On the other archetypes, I end up getting both pistols and dual wield. I tend to want as much focus fire as I can get. Both are quick recharges so are good for procs.

20 minutes ago, DougGraves said:

I think it is the disorient/stun or hold effect is the main advantage for suppressive fire. It may seem like it isn't very useful, but 3 seconds can be a long time in a fight. It would likely stop that target from making a couple of attacks that can really make a difference. Couple it with the slow effect of the Cryo rounds, and you are slowing down the opponent's attack rate even more.

But I do understand that you are looking at this from the damage side.

Aren't there less enemies with toxic defense/resist than fire defense/resist? (I thought I read that some place, but, you know, old and dream of CoH)

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

12 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

Aren't there less enemies with toxic defense/resist than fire defense/resist? (I thought I read that some place, but, you know, old and dream of CoH)

I don't study enemies enough to know what their defenses are.  I only know clockwork are weak to psi because there was a loading tip about it.

I am planning on using incendiary to solo and probably radiation on teams.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, UltraAlt said:

Defiance allows a blaster to use their tier 1 and 2 primary powers, and their tier 1 secondary power, even while held, slept, stunned, or terrorized. It also gives an additional damage boost as the blaster uses attacks.

I took both Pistols and Dual Wield for just that reason.  Also, if you're leveling slowly through missions as I did with my DP/MC blaster, having one attack with -DEF and another with knockback is mighty useful.  Dual Wield and Ki Push combine nicely for crowd control at early levels.  

At later levels, I still use Pistols and Dual Wield a lot, even though Executioner's Shot and Piercing Rounds are higher damage, just because they're so fast. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, DougGraves said:

There's technically 4 but actually 5

Pistol, Dual Wield, Suppressive, Executioner's Shot are the 4. Piercing Round is technically a cone but in practice an incredibly narrow one so you mostly treat it like the others. It was implemented like that to give the illusion of it going through a front enemy and hitting someone directly behind them but it's rare.

On my DP / Kin I take Pistol, Executioners and Piercing and use them as my single target attacks. Suppressive was poor damage (it was really a mez with a bit of damage) but I dunno if it's been improved. 

53 minutes ago, Zhym said:

Dual Wield and Ki Push combine nicely for crowd control at early levels.

Yeah, I love using ki push.

When I run a dual pistols I put ki push on auto fire with a recharge and a knockback (+2 accs) and, if it is in character conception, I put in the winter melee proc with a chance for hold.

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

43 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

Piercing Round is technically a cone but in practice an incredibly narrow one so you mostly treat it like the others. It was implemented like that to give the illusion of it going through a front enemy and hitting someone directly behind them but it's rare.

Piercing Shot is lots of fun in the BAF iTrial, though.  The escaping prisoners line up so nicely for it.

• Haha 1

I have a DP/MC blaster, and I take Suppressive fire, fully proc'd out with Apocalypse chance for -energy, GW chance for psi, Unbreakable chance for Smashing, Neuronic chance for psi, and Gladiator's Net chance for lethal, and Gladiator's Javelin chance for Toxic.

I really love suppressive fire with procs because it has like zero animation time, especially compared to the other ST attacks in the set. It's the quickest firing attack (though admittedly, I haven't tried Pistols). I love it as a proc bomb. It hits like an absolute truck for damage, especially related to it's animation time.

Edited by Projector3

3 hours ago, Projector3 said:

I have a DP/MC blaster, and I take Suppressive fire, fully proc'd out with Apocalypse chance for -energy, GW chance for psi, Unbreakable chance for Smashing, Neuronic chance for psi, and Gladiator's Net chance for lethal, and Gladiator's Javelin chance for Toxic.

I really love suppressive fire with procs because it has like zero animation time, especially compared to the other ST attacks in the set. It's the quickest firing attack (though admittedly, I haven't tried Pistols). I love it as a proc bomb. It hits like an absolute truck for damage, especially related to it's animation time.

Will both Neuronic and Ghost Widow work together since they're both Psi?

Do they have independent chances? Can both Proc at the same time?

4 hours ago, KITANYA said:

Will both Neuronic and Ghost Widow work together since they're both Psi?

Do they have independent chances? Can both Proc at the same time?

Each proc has an independent chance of firing and they can all fire at once.  Multiples of the same damage type can proc applying damage for each one.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

7 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Each proc has an independent chance of firing and they can all fire at once.  Multiples of the same damage type can proc applying damage for each one.

Thanks Zork!

So i could basically put several chance to proc Psio, chance to proc Lethal and so and so on the same power 🙂

Thanks heaps!

You can look at City of Data for the numbers, but the Dual Pistols screens are particularly dense. Each attack has 4 secondary damage type options (lethal, incendiary, chemical and cryo) with separate stats. In addition, each attack has PVE and PVP stats. The primary damage type of each attack is always lethal. That appears at the top of the screen. Then the various secondary damage options are listed (which get added to the primary damage). If you can't tell by the damage type, hover your mouse over the yellow flags to see what each entry represents. Last, the effects that go with each secondary damage type are listed. The damage for all 4 options is the same except that incendiary adds additional DoT instead of a debuff.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.dual_pistols.pistols&at=blaster

Pistols

Lethal: 43.7391 lethal + 18.7685 lethal + 7.0% -def 

Incendiary: 43.7391 lethal + 18.7685 fire + 7.0694 fire DoT every 1.0s for 2.1s after 0.5s

Chemical: 43.7391 lethal + 18.7685 toxic + 5.6% -damage

Cryo: 43.7391 lethal + 18.7685 cold + 12.0% -speed/-recharge

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller