striga council boss level too high for mission level/notoriety

Ridiculous Girl

first instance mission of stephanie peebles, after kill 10 council on docks, "defeat all villains in warehouse." i am level level 20, arsenel/arsenel dominator, notoriety is set at +2/0 with bosses enabled. all minion level mobs are are orange and red.

but with the two named bosses fighting, big toe fred was normal level (+2, i think), but archon lannert is lvl 25, +5 to my level. i could not figure out why i was not doing damage until i died. i filed a bug report.

i exited and reset the mission to 0/0 notoriety. all mobs are 0/+1 to me, even big toe fred is orange, lvl 20. but archon lannert is still +5, at level 25.

i have not completed this mission, i will go back at lvl 22 and see what it gives me. i filed a second bug report.

Map: maps/Missions/Warehouse/Warehouse_45/Warehouse_45_Layout_03_01.txt

Sanstitre.thumb.png.02cd0b91714d1baa4531e95bfdd476e9.png.237b80b8d2e7cecea19ceafcfa52d0a1.png

Sanstitre.thumb.png.ba4ffd17de777cd9a90d42ba60efe920.png.1fff8f66ca0fd0f5fe770cac0ae5d011.png

• Like 1

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

ok, i dropped the mission after i gained 2 levels. i talked to peebles again, but she has given me a different mission this time. same hero, now lvl 22, mission set at 0/0 with bosses enabled. now it's "defeat all council agents" with all mobs at normal +0/1, with the exception of another boss, this time archon walmer, lvl 25, his guard is a normal lvl 22 minion.

Sanstitre.thumb.png.2207e764bdd8a8155e58e4531be6accb.png

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

oh man, these missions are bugged!

i reset mission to +1/0 to do a normal run and kill all council. this time i kill all up to the boss, archon walmer, who was still level 25, and he killed me again when i got him to 1/4 health. since he was in smoke and confused from smoke canister, i was able to rez and get out of aggro range and rest. but when i was in rest, i was kicked out of mission for no reason and the mission reset completely.

Edited by Ridiculous Girl
to clarify

this shephanie peebles arc is a mess. after the last mission, i gained a level to 23, i took the next mission from peebles, and i did not realie that is was the same as the first bugged mission. i went in with settings at 0/0 with bosses, and stealthed to see if the final boss was still 25, imagine my surprise when it was the same bosses as the first bug report. big toe fred is the correct level relative to me and mission settings, but archon lannert is not, he is again lvl 25. 

in sum, after the first mission of kill 10 council on the striga docks, i'm lvl 20 and get mission with a lvl 25 council boss. tried again, at lvl 22 i dropped the mission and talked to peebles who gave me a different mission, but with the same problem, a level 25 named boss. completed the mission, and at level 23 i took the next mission in the arc, which happenes to be the first bugged mission again, with the same too high level boss again. 

bugs: wrong level 25 named boss, fixed minimum of lvl 25, in a story arc that starts at level 20. inconsistant mission ordering, apparently dependant on level. (apparently peebles arc has random missions) kicked from mission while resting after rez, mission reset.

Sanstitre-1.thumb.png.86db6bd4cb83d454a7c44ffce4ded50d.png

Edited by Ridiculous Girl
added bug, corrected fact error

i decided to see if i could replicate this bugginess with an alt, luckily i had a lvl 19 that i could bump up to 20 in no time. same process, plastic toy army man is a hero, level 20, notoriety is set at 0/0 with bosses enabled. took the opening mission, kill 10 council on docks. started ring of peebles story arc, but it is yet another starting mission, defeat all villains on boat. same story, two bosses fighting, one sky raider normal level 20 boss, the other this time is archon nigel, again level 25. reset mission setting to no bosses and archon nigel still spawned as a level 25 even as a LT.

image.thumb.png.cbe23b5a9b9a795411bad6470b447583.png

Sanstitre-1.png.a7ba1774dcc3d162ddb9b46d8aa8f069.png

Sanstitre-1.thumb.png.7c0f6b41d490654accfae71d0a1c766e.png

Sanstitre-1.png.17943473c1657a4ae0d034f136b1c6ea.png

51 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

Looks like the bug is affecting Lars Hanson's arc as well.  I just did it on a 28 at +0x1 no bosses and the end of mission lieutenant always spawned at 30.

did you report it?

the follow up mission on the ring of peebles arc has a normal level named boss. i looked in at -1/0 because i wanted to see for sure.

Sanstitre-1.thumb.png.7f8a961a5009fe5fc04858b44eb9cb0f.png00

The bug is also present in the Kheldian Quest, specifically "Fear and Loathing in Striga." I didn't capture the instant, but it was a named Archon. I think his name was Booker, the first guy you run into during "Investigate weapon test" in Part 1. The instance was level 25 with Adjust Level +0 and the enemy spawned at level 30. Fortunately I was able to teleport past him.

Ran into another instance of an enemy being 5 levels higher than the instance in Part 4 of "Fear and Loathing in Striga" with Archon Stone. I'm pretty certain it's only happening with named Archons.

Happened a third time in Part 5 with Archon Turley. This time I took a picture. It didn't happen with Lt. Wester who is also in this mission so I suspect it's only the named Archons.

Screenshot 2024-02-24 201418.png

Edited by Grave Knight
  • Moose 1

1 hour ago, Grave Knight said:

The bug is also present in the Kheldian Quest, specifically "Fear and Loathing in Striga." I didn't capture the instant, but it was a named Archon. I think his name was Booker, the first guy you run into during "Investigate weapon test" in Part 1. The instance was level 25 with Adjust Level +0 and the enemy spawned at level 30. Fortunately I was able to teleport past him.

they must have changed several boss types and gave them new, higher minimums to spawn, without changing the missions that spawned them.

It almost sounds like the Bosses are getting levelled to the maximum they can be (max level of the contact + 1), like a Signature Task Force.  And with auto-exemplaring now in Page 7, no work-arounds.

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

15 minutes ago, Ridiculous Girl said:

they must have changed several boss types and gave them new, higher minimums to spawn, without changing the missions that spawned them.

I don't think it's Several Boss Types but specifically the named Archons. I've ran into it three time so far and each time it has been "Archon [boss name]." I even ran into an enemy with a name but wasn't an Archon (Lt. Wester) and his level was 25 while another named enemy (Archon Turley) was level 30.

• Moose 1

just for science, i ran the first part of the ring of peebles ouro arc. same thing, first mission the boss was normal, the second with the council boss, was a fixed minimum of level 25. i guess i will do more arcs in striga to see how many more i can find. 🙂

Sanstitre-1.thumb.png.d72207847be2edcd814305094c990b3f.png

Sanstitre-1.thumb.png.e0df6a895e27523226a9aff308109cf0.png

I'm getting this issue with lieutenants as well. "Waylay the robots before they leave the warehouse" from Stephanie Peebles +0x6 @ lvl 21. Just had a spawn with white lvl 21 minions, but three purple lvl 25 lieutenants: at least two of the three were Vortex Elite Adjutant. Possibly has to do with the Council revamp that shifted the Vortex level ranges?

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

47 minutes ago, Dwarvyn said:

I'm getting this issue with lieutenants as well. "Waylay the robots before they leave the warehouse" from Stephanie Peebles +0x6 @ lvl 21. Just had a spawn with white lvl 21 minions, but three purple lvl 25 lieutenants: at least two of the three were Vortex Elite Adjutant. Possibly has to do with the Council revamp that shifted the Vortex level ranges?

for a more complete bug report, try to take photos if you can. so far i have only encountered archon bosses, or LTs if difficulty was lower. but other types encountered would be useful if documented.
🙂

A group I was with saw this as well, started Stephanie's arc at level 20, +0/x1 difficulty on a 4 person team, but most or all of the lts in the mission in every spawn were +5 to us.  We managed to beat them with some deaths, it got a lot easier when the mission holder leveled and they were only +4.  This happened in the first Council missions at least.  

3 hours ago, Ridiculous Girl said:

for a more complete bug report, try to take photos if you can. so far i have only encountered archon bosses, or LTs if difficulty was lower. but other types encountered would be useful if documented.
🙂

image.thumb.png.4a9ba7d25a66a7b423d1c324bae94cee.png

Does this help?

There's a second purple lieut to my left, and a third half-hidden in the back-left, all Vortex Elite Adjutants.

• Thumbs Up 1

I reported this error and this topic on the Gold Standard Testers Discord.  It's being looked into by a dev.

Please keep posting examples here giving the Contact, the Mission name, your toon's Level and Notoriety settings, and screenshots showing the up-levelled mobs.  All that info will help.

• Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, Ridiculous Girl said:

🙂

All non-robot (and maybe even the robot) Council bosses are Archons regardless of what their subgroup shredout may be. You can see it with the Equinox Archons, the Ascendant Archons, and so forth. There is no Archon subgroup in the Council.

(Edit: Even when a boss is named Lt. Something, you are still talking specifically about an Archon from the mob's subgroup. Not to be confused with lieutenant tier mobs. And even if you turn off bosses as a difficulty setting so they downgrade to lieutenants? You are still specifically dealing with an Archon/boss from that subgroup, just stepped down in difficulty.)

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1

Same bug with Kheldian contact Sunstorm - screenshot below. Level 23 character at -1 notoriety, other enemies in mission were 22 as expected, Archon Swann was level 25. Mission was in Striga, did not have this issue with missions from same contact for same enemy group in Talos.

screenshot_240229-05-29-41.jpg

Edited by OverkillEngine
corrected screenshot
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1