Need Opinion on Options Table

BlackSpectre

Hi gang! I need some opinions on adding the slash commands column to the Options Window page. Should I do it or just keep it the way it was with only OPTION and DESCRIPTION columns?  https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/The_Players'_Guide_to_the_Cities/User_Interface/Options_Window

I'm torn because this page is part of The Players' Guide to the Cities/User Interface, and that has traditionally been all about windows, buttons, and point and click. I'm not sure I should even add the slash commands here... but...

It's almost the perfect place to add the slash commands. It's got all the options (not just the ones with slash commands), descriptions already written, and adding a slash command is just a nice little nugget for the whole options scene to be brought together in one place. 

Or if you like the idea of adding slash commands to the page, but don't like the column, maybe you could suggest a different way to format the page and add the commands?

Thanks.

I can see why you are torn, but I say go for it. You never know who might prefer using slash commands over the UI and this would give them in the info they need to make that happen. I think the column is fine as you have it laid out.

OK. Thanks ATC. I'm not happy with how much space the slash commands are taking up on the page though. If I could make it into a thin column with a little text the prompted a pop-up of the entire slash command, that would rock. But dunno if that's even possible. 

I guess I could put a link to the Option Names List page with short text indicating a slash command. Something like this, [[Option Names List|Yes]]. I could put anchors on the Option Names page, but aside from being a lot of work , it doesn't tell the reader that they need to use /option_set, it just links to the option name. Sigh. Donno. 

Ah crud. I just now viewed the page on my iPhone and the alt text (tooltip) doesn’t work. It will work for computer but not mobile. Bummer. Well, I guess the choice is made for me.