Global account bank

Is there any reason why players can't have a bank that is linked to their global account where they can store enhancements, merits, incarnate salvage? The amount of people I see saying they have to either email it across or make a SG base just to store things makes it feel like this should be an option?

We already have a very small salvage bank that I believe is linked to a single character but I feel like having a decently sized one that goes across alts would be a benefit to everyone and encourage people who make SGs just to store things to be able to join others for the social times ❤️ 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't know what kind of difficulties there would be in making this possible, but I think it's a great idea, provided the capacity is adequate. As an example, my current character is crafting/converting every uncommon/rare it gets, and the ones that will likely be used in the next character get stashed in a specific bin in my base. 

One of the things that keeps me from joining sgs is the inability to access these items without logging in an alt to get them. I suppose I could just sell everything and rebuy it, but I'm too well-versed in the market to be so foolish. 

But..it would be super cool to have my own inf bank account instead of stashing it in market bids and email, too. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Ukase said:

One of the things that keeps me from joining sgs is the inability to access these items without logging in an alt to get them.

Same for me.  Super annoying to use multiple alts and storage bases, email, AH storage etc.  An account level bank would be very much welcomed.

• Like 1

I'd love to be able to quit my storage SG and join my friends' SG.

• Like 2

"Minimal FX Everything!"

I love this game. I'm eternally grateful that it was brought back.

"It's not enough that I win, somebody else has to lose" is not the attitude of a Hero.

I can't give a link off-hand for previous threads (there are many I'm sure), but even on live I believe this was some sort of database issue that prevented it. There are most definitely discussions both distant and not so distant past covering this that would have some of the reasoning why. Not having 'behind the scenes' info, IDK what steps it would take and if the HC devs could do it without a rewrite of base code.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I can't support a new feature that would be closed on Sundays and federal holidays.

• Haha 7