I saw this video about customizing mastermind pet costumes. I think this is a feature for the thunderspy.net private server. Would it be possible to add something like this to Homecoming? Just a thought, not a priority. I am so grateful to all the Homecoming souls for all their hard work and totally happy with the game as is. Thank you.

https://youtu.be/jGHTAhW9xcM?si=weIbZ0ThCYqHp42D

• Thumbs Up 3

MM pet customization has been requested repeatedly. However, I am against using my character's costume slots for my pets. (Most of my characters use all or nearly all their costume slots. I choose what appearance I will use based on what even is going on or what I feel like being at the time.) Also, if I recall correctly, the devs have said they won't use Thunderspy's method and prefer to find their own way. We keep hoping.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, it'd be nice, but I have a feeling there might have been some under-the-hood hacks with Thunderspy's methods that could get shaky when added to Homecoming's updates (particularly the switch to a 64-bit client).

At this point, I'd settle for a few customization options in the form of say; being able to pick say, Praetorian Clockwork or Animated Armor (akin to the Carnival of Light's) for Robotics or Zombie Invasion or Vahzilock cadavers (murk eidolon in place of the Lich) for Necromancy.

Maybe Thugs could have a Skulls or Hellions customization option, Ninjas could have Knives of Artemis or Tsoo, and Mercs could have Malta or Council-based options.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Chris24601 said:

Yeah, it'd be nice, but I have a feeling there might have been some under-the-hood hacks with Thunderspy's methods that could get shaky when added to Homecoming's updates (particularly the switch to a 64-bit client).

At this point, I'd settle for a few customization options in the form of say; being able to pick say, Praetorian Clockwork or Animated Armor (akin to the Carnival of Light's) for Robotics or Zombie Invasion or Vahzilock cadavers (murk eidolon in place of the Lich) for Necromancy.

Maybe Thugs could have a Skulls or Hellions customization option, Ninjas could have Knives of Artemis or Tsoo, and Mercs could have Malta or Council-based options.

as long as they aren't those models specifically. don't want to get confused when facing that type of enemy.

I wonder if the Mission Architect infrastructure would be a better starting point to launch MasterMind pet customization.  Set it up so that the player loads costumes into the various summon categories to create a Pet/Henchman "set" (just as they would for Minions, Lieutenants, Bosses, Elite Bosses, and Archvillains for custom enemy sets).  Have the same kind of data limit as the Architect and make it account-wide.  That way the amount of strain on the server side is limited: each player has a fixed amount of pet customization 'data' and if they want increased variety of individual pet levels it comes at the cost of fewer sets overall.  Picking the pet appearance 'set' would then be done in Costume customization under the Accolade powers tab, or perhaps a new tab (if necessary).

EDIT: Just to be clear, the player wouldn't be using their own costume slots for this, they'd be using allotted server data for pet customization.

Edited by ThatGuyCDude
Clarity