Stupid Telekinesis tricks

I just finished a Dom that has it but I rarly think to use it unless I can see an easy corner directly in front of me to shove them into, too much scrapperlock on the brain I guess.  This idea has now been noted however and I'll be sure to make use of it later.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I just finished a Dom that has it but I rarly think to use it unless I can see an easy corner directly in front of me to shove them into, too much scrapperlock on the brain I guess.  This idea has now been noted however and I'll be sure to make use of it later.

No need to shove them into a corner. It does not work like that anymore. Just get about 45-50 range from a mob in the middle of the spawn, fire TK, everything within 20 the target gets pulled to the target and raised into the air. It's not a hold, it's an immobilize, so they can shoot back. Now, you have a nice clumped up ball of mobs. Mobs running by can also get pulled into, even if they didn't get hit initially.

Bonus, if you fire levitate on the initial mob you TK'ed. Every mobs effected will get hit by levitate. It will shutoff TK though. Also, TK will auto shutoff after 30ish seconds. Not sure the exact time.

Edited by KaizenSoze
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Hold was superior.  Toggle with high End. cost was superior to toggle that shuts off after 30 seconds or if you use another power (Levitate).

Telekinesis sucks now.  I've removed it from my build because I find it to be worthless.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Player2 said:

Hold was superior.  Toggle with high End. cost was superior to toggle that shuts off after 30 seconds or if you use another power (Levitate).

Telekinesis sucks now.  I've removed it from my build because I find it to be worthless.

Let's see a power that use to push mobs away from the player, that doesn't work well unless you have a wall to pin them against. To a power that clumps them up in a nice ball for the whole team to pound on without a wall and still gives containment if you need it.

Not interested it rehashing page 7 feedback. The ship has sailed. I find the new version superior if most aspects. It's better than Gravity:Wormhole or Fold Space for clumping mobs, which is incredible useful on teams. More interested in seeing what neat things people have done with the new version.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Microphone 1

Hey!  Don't go knocking Wormhole 🙂 .  I use it to good effect solo and on teams.

• Like 2

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Getting more use out of slotting Terrorize for damage

force bomb

wall of force

poison

storm.  holy shit storm.  with KB2KD in Tornado its you can just drop it on your telekinesis target and watch the numbers tick by

-untested but will someday maybe-

mind/savage.  maul their asses with maul>flurry after slamming them into the ground

mind/thorn.  fling, burst and ripper, whatever order

mind/martial.  those tight aoes

mind/fire, breath might actually hit more than 1 target

mind/arsenal, ignite

8 hours ago, High_Beam said:

Hey!  Don't go knocking Wormhole 🙂 .  I use it to good effect solo and on teams.

I didn't say Wormhole was bad, it's certainly easier to position. TK is just up quicker, keeps sucking in mobs for awhile, the only "hard" part is getting a feel for the distance you need to be at before casting.

• Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

Getting more use out of slotting Terrorize for damage

force bomb

wall of force

poison

storm.  holy shit storm.  with KB2KD in Tornado its you can just drop it on your telekinesis target and watch the numbers tick by

-untested but will someday maybe-

mind/savage.  maul their asses with maul>flurry after slamming them into the ground

mind/thorn.  fling, burst and ripper, whatever order

mind/martial.  those tight aoes

mind/fire, breath might actually hit more than 1 target

mind/arsenal, ignite

I went with Mind/Arsenal, Terrify is my biggest hitter now.

Ignite also works, but there is something going on with the pseudo-pet part.

Don't forget about Buckshot, quick recharge, so you can keep pulling rounds into the clump.

Edited by KaizenSoze

On 3/20/2024 at 3:47 AM, KaizenSoze said:

I went with Mind/Arsenal, Terrify is my biggest hitter now.

Ignite also works, but there is something going on with the pseudo-pet part.

Don't forget about Buckshot, quick recharge, so you can keep pulling rounds into the clump.

I want to build a mind arsenal but what is wrong with ignite in your statement? I haven't played an AR blaster before so I'm hoping TK groups mobs up for ignite AOE. How does it fare for you?

51 minutes ago, Vinceq98 said:

I want to build a mind arsenal but what is wrong with ignite in your statement? I haven't played an AR blaster before so I'm hoping TK groups mobs up for ignite AOE. How does it fare for you?

I am an accuracy obsessive, if I don't not hitting well over 90%, it bothers me.

The main target damage is just fine, but pseudo pets seems to be missing at unusually high rate against +3 mobs.

I think it's not receiving all the accuracy bonuses from the player.  Still it works, just not as well as "I" want.

39 minutes ago, DougGraves said:

Does it work if foes are already immobilized by some aoe immobilize crazed controller or dominator?

Yes and no.   Repel does still move immobilized foes.  It works for me on my Tanker with Axe Cyclone.  The "no" part is that AoE Immobs are 30ft radius.  TK is 20ft radius.  Axe Cyclone is 15ft radius.   

This is okay though.  Good news that TK+Lev is even better than Axe Cyclone at grouping immobilized enemies because of the larger radius and longer activation.   Also good news... any that you miss outside that radius might still manage to murder the controller/dom who can't keep that immob in his pants for two more !@#% seconds at the start of a fight.

Haha.. kidding! (not actually kidding).

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 1:01 PM, ZemX said:

This is okay though.  Good news that TK+Lev is even better than Axe Cyclone at grouping immobilized enemies because of the larger radius and longer activation.   Also good news... any that you miss outside that radius might still manage to murder the controller/dom who can't keep that immob in his pants for two more !@#% seconds at the start of a fight.

Haha.. kidding! (not actually kidding).

This is why I always give my doms good defense. For the ones that get missed.

• 3 weeks later

Okay, I have now tried the new TK and I like it.

It has been very handy for pulling groups together that are scattered - especially after some dominator has them all immobilized while scattered.

Not an Iwin button like Seeds of Confusion, but a solid power that I intend to use a lot.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/28/2024 at 12:14 PM, KaizenSoze said:

New trick. Pulling Rikti down the ramp closer to the bowl during a Mother Ship Raid.

I've been using it when a few group up near the rim to push them into the bowl.  Both tactics are useful of course!

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

TK, Terrify, Nightfall, then levitate...... with Control Radial Embodiment, that's a stun too since TK is an immobilize and Terrify applies both damage and the fear so 100% chance for stun when applicable.

You can still use it as a small push since its a 40m away distance in addition to the pull in so there's a short time for limited mobility in that regard.

I've also been laughing at how it collects and hoists the mobs as some bunch and then rotate like carosel and others stack on each other depending on their collision boxes.

And while its yes an immobilize for the most part, due to the hoisting, they tend to not fire during the movement shifts to start and drop(if levitate of course isnt enacted) from what I've been observing.

And without saying much more, there have been some really interesting/creative slotting changes I've made that have made the combos with that more fun....

6 hours ago, Sanguinesun said:

I've also been laughing at how it collects and hoists the mobs as some bunch and then rotate like carosel and others stack on each other depending on their collision boxes.

It's fun to watch, but alas highly annoying to melee. The trick cast it on the toughest target and drop TK as soon as the anchor dies.

Most of the time, once things have clumped, fire levitate to drop TK.

• 3 weeks later