Big Belt!

Clave Dark 5

I just happened across a bug last night on a female toon I was costuming.  When I give her the Gunfighter 2 belt, it's huge, like made for someone twice her size and hanging around her like it's orbiting her waist.

Of course, I kept it that way for the laughs and it's there even in the rest of the game.  Sadly though, she's a stealther, so no one ever really sees it.  :/

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I think the belt in question is set up to go with the gunfighter costume set which has some oversized pieces, and doesn't mesh well with anything else; you might want to play around a little and check on that.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

This is big enough for my toon to comfortably fit her arms inside it if she wanted to.  It's not just "slightly hovering off her body."  Gunslinger belt 1 sized just fine, this one looks like a small hula hoop. 

Guess I'll have to try and grab a screenshot when I can.  I haven't had a chance to try and replicate the issue on another toon though.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Specifically, the Baron Jacket which hangs off/outside the body at the waist.  There are no doubt some other examples where you needed to use and overwide belt like that to avoid clipping issues.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

This is big enough for my toon to comfortably fit her arms inside it if she wanted to.  It's not just "slightly hovering off her body."  Gunslinger belt 1 sized just fine, this one looks like a small hula hoop. 

Guess I'll have to try and grab a screenshot when I can.  I haven't had a chance to try and replicate the issue on another toon though.

I believe there's a hoop skirt-like costume piece available with the set... yes, yes there is. And the belt is intended for outside coats:

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Gunslinger_Costume_Set

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

https://imgur.com/a/GqwSMNp

Like this?  It's really supposed to look like this?

Go have fun!

https://imgur.com/a/GqwSMNp

Like this?  It's really supposed to look like this?

Yeah, that's not a bug. The Gunslinger 2 belt, when used with Jackets, is sized to fit the wider jackets, like so:

WmkTGOE.png

This makes it look over-sized when used with jackets that have a slim waist, like so:

SbBOQv3.png

In those case you want the belt Gunslinger 1 for a similar look that sits normally on the hips.

ka5LDGN.png