Mastermind (Thugs) Sound Files, and how to stuff a PIGG?

Dregn Ryder

I am looking to find some mastermind sound files, and I cannot find them for the life of me! In fact, the only set of sounds for MM's that I found was for Beast Masters (issue24\sound\Ogg\Powers).

I've extracted all the .PIGG files that I can find in the ASSETS folders (beta, live, issue24), and I know for certain that I'm either missing some folders/files or they are hidden somewhere else that eludes me. 

I know this through a mod for my Demon Summoning MM that changes their summoning sounds. This mod (that does work) places its sounds in a folder path "sound\Ogg\DemonSummoning" that does not appear once all sources are extracted from the above asset files. So perhaps I'm missing more?

Specifically, I cannot locate the following:

Mastermind, Thugs, 'Summon' - This is a loud screechy whistle that the MM does when callings their minions. I want to change it (or at least quiet this down some). It's horribly annoying.

Mastermind, Thugs, Pistols - The first primary power. This must be different from the Dual Pistols archetype with the same power name ('DW_Pistols_01'), because I've modified the sound for DP through existing mods, and they do work in game - but when I sign into my MM, it still sounds like someone playing with cap guns! The same applies for the next two.

Mastermind, Thugs, Dual Wield - The third primary power. The Dual Pistol file is called "DW_DualWield_01".

Mastermind, Thugs, Empty Clips - The fifth primary power. The Dual Pistol file is called "DW_EmptyClips_01".

Beyond this: how do I compile a new .PIGG file?!?! Once I know the above, it does me no good if I cannot put Humpty-Dumpty back together again, yes?

I've looked all over these forums and general web, and I cannot find CLEAR instructions on this. I've been to the ourodev.com site, and it is always either down or does not work correctly (I've tried it repeatedly on both Edge and Chrome over the past several weeks to no avail). I see a lot of generalized info about PIGG files, but no one explains how to unpack and repack them! Obviously, I've figured out the first part for myself using a program called Game Extractor (after only 5 hours of digging for something that will work).

I feel stupid for asking this, because I've modded many other games over the past 25 years that I've played them (starting with a little gem called Everquest), and I've been able to figure these things out on my own. So, there it is, I find myself dumbfounded at something that is likely very simple...

HELP ME CITY-WAN-KENOBE! YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE!

Tracking down sound files can be a bit tricky, but the forum user formerly known as The Philotic Knight produced a spreadsheet called the Rosetta Stone that had all the sound file information available at the time. You can find a copy of the spreadsheet at the bottom of the post at this link. Additionally, Michiyo translated most if not all of that file onto the wiki at the Modding/Sounds/Powers page at this link, but be warned that there is a LOT of info there and the page may take a while to load.

Making piggs is pretty easy, just use Michiyo's City Mod Installer. It has a tool for packaging one's own piggs, and whether you want to share them or not with the community is up to you. You can make a pigg with just the sounds you want to modify, which is what I would recommend, and then place it in the assets/mods folders as City Mod Installer instructs. I would NOT try to replace a file within and repackage one of the standard game piggs, because if you put that back in the game assets folder it'll just get overwritten when/if the game updates or verifies files.

Finally, I recommend Piglet for viewing piggs and extracting the files you want from them. Michiyo provides a compiled copy of Piglet at this link.