what is more powerful/fun grav/nrg or nrg/grav?

there is no grav/nrg troller nor is there a nrg/grav dom.

BUT to offer an opinion on grav. 

because grav. has 2 strong single target attacks built in I tend to go troller,...as those 2 attacks tend to be outclassed by dom secondarys.

4 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

there is no grav/nrg troller nor is there a nrg/grav dom.

BUT to offer an opinion on grav. 

because grav. has 2 strong single target attacks built in I tend to go troller,...as those 2 attacks tend to be outclassed by dom secondarys.

had to do a triple take lol.  but that answers my question at least, i want the grav/nrg dom because i want both those sets.

13 hours ago, Snarky said:

cannot decide between a troller or a dom....

any feedback is appreciated

Powersets aside, I think the Controller tends to be easier to play. The dominator...just thinking that you might want perma dom, and thinking you might need hasten, now you have hasten and domination - which one do you put on auto-fire? 

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Powersets aside, I think the Controller tends to be easier to play. The dominator...just thinking that you might want perma dom, and thinking you might need hasten, now you have hasten and domination - which one do you put on auto-fire? 

Domination. And powexec_hasten on the ` so I can fire it off with my pinky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BZRKR said:

And powexec_hasten on the ` so I can fire it off with my pinky.

See, I'm so stupid. I know I'm going to lose my memory at some point, so I use H for hasten. I only use my pinky for the shift key and enter - at least, I think those are the fingers that do that stuff. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ukase said:

See, I'm so stupid. I know I'm going to lose my memory at some point, so I use H for hasten. I only use my pinky for the shift key and enter - at least, I think those are the fingers that do that stuff. 

H for Hasten? But how do you activate your Hybrid toggle? 🙂

For me, the ` key is right between the "NEXT TARGET NOW!" (Tab) and "NOT THAT TARGET RAAAAHH!!" (Esc)

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Lazarus said:

OUCH tell him how you really feel.

Okay.

@Snarky, you're one of my favorite people on the forums, because you have a sense of humor.  You're easy-going, not full of yourself and you never seem to have your panties in a wad over meaningless shit.  I've always gotten the impression that I could team with you and play the way I do, knowing that a lot of my antics and general play style would irritate you, but you'd laugh about it instead of going into a tizzy.

Also, proofread, bitch.

• Haha 2
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

On 4/2/2024 at 4:59 AM, Ukase said:

Both, of course.

• Like 2

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

On 4/2/2024 at 11:28 AM, BZRKR said:

For me, the ` key is right between the "NEXT TARGET NOW!" (Tab) and "NOT THAT TARGET RAAAAHH!!" (Esc)

Ah, yes. The default bind set, crafted by monkeys ca. 2003 and deeply revered to this day.

Sigh.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

3 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

Both, of course.

It'd be nice, but you cannot put both on auto-fire. You can trigger one to try to fire with movement or something slick like that - but if the power is not recharged, you hear that awful noise. It works, but it just doesn't work for me, if that makes sense. 

Just now, Ukase said:

It'd be nice, but you cannot put both on auto-fire. You can trigger one to try to fire with movement or something slick like that - but if the power is not recharged, you hear that awful noise. It works, but it just doesn't work for me, if that makes sense. 

It's trivial to use walking binds to keep all toggles up and all clicks on autofire. No nasty noises or nothin'.

Or you can just consider icon whac-a-mole an unavoidable annoyance of gameplay.

30 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

It's trivial to use walking binds to keep all toggles up and all clicks on autofire. No nasty noises or nothin'.

Or you can just consider icon whac-a-mole an unavoidable annoyance of gameplay.

And then there's door number 3: build well enough not to need Hasten.  All of my dominators have 155%+ global +Recharge, and that's only from IO set bonuses.

If you're not making the game work for you, you're working for the game.

• Like 3

Apples and oranges; different solutions to different ends.

One advantage of Hasten is that it's available at a low level and isn't dependent on 50'ing out with IO sets. But as only lusers take longer than a day to max out their alts I guess that's moot. 🙂

I know I'm late here, but I'd say Dom, because I like Doms a heck of a lot more.  I feel like based on chosen powers, I get a little bit of everything on them (mez, buff/debuff/dmg, ranged/melee, you name it) and they can hit pretty hard. 

I've never bothered to learn binds, so I set Hasten to auto-fire, as Dom doesn't rise all the time ASAP, I might get slowed or something.  Really, if you're going to have to click one or the other, doesn't matter that much to me (plus I never learned binds, as stated).  And I have all sorts of fun playing my Doms regardless.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

20 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

One advantage of Hasten is that it's available at a low level and isn't dependent on 50'ing out with IO sets. But as only lusers take longer than a day to max out their alts I guess that's moot.

I don't farm, or team, so it takes me a few weeks to level a character to 50.  I don't miss perma-Dom at lower levels, since I also play controllers, so I don't worry about it.  By the time I do start to feel like it's missing, I usually have enough IO set bonuses to combine with the empowerment station buff (20%) and Offensive Amplifier buff (15%) to squeak into perma-territory.  If I'm short, a respec to pump up the global +Recharge does the job.

All good. I just see a lot of arguments that bypass levels 5-49 and ass/u/me the only build that matters is that double-pepperoni Incarnate one. You know, "You don't need [insert key lower level buff here] because [incarnate/Pool/Epic/IO Set] power!"

Put me in the category that thinks Hasten, well-managed, is a useful asset for most attack builds until and if it can be replaced with those uber-steroids. It only takes one power choice, no more than three slots, and can be made perma alongside other key click buffs. I've never had trouble with its crash, or Rage's.

On 4/2/2024 at 6:59 AM, Ukase said:

You do both.   I use a movement  macro that tries to activate both everytime I move.   Use the same concept with practice brawler + hasten when it was a click, active defense + hasten, etc