Set advice - TW/???

honoraryorange

So I'm looking to start up a new Scrapper soon. I think I want to try Titan Weapon out, but I'm not sure what to pair it with.

Combo suggestions? Build suggestions/links?

I don't care about early game, or even mid game really. Assume 50, full IOs, no budget to worry about and mostly playing in TFs, Incarnate trials and groups/farms.

I'd like to avoid secondaries I already have on other recent characters, so no to: Shield, Fire, and Rad

Any fun/cool ideas? I was thinking of trying SR, because I like the dichotomy of huge weapons and pure speed, but... not so sure considering how many other sets can soft cap defense these days.

My default suggestion with TW is WP.  TW demands animation times, endurance, lots of recharge, and player focus.

Willpower almost never presses a clicky, provides copious endurance, and makes almost no demands on the player's attention. Now, WP doesnt have +RCHG, but nothing does everything and its other advantages help you have design room for the END costs.

Outside of Willpower, any set that provides some combination of recharge, endurance, limited attention, and little need to PRESS BUTTON NAO TO NOT DIE would be a good choice.  I can see SR as an interesting choice.  Energy Armor as well, maybe?  Invuln might be interesting, inasmuch as once IOed to hell and back, Invuln will be so tough you can almost totally ignore your secondary.

Or you could go Bioarmor.  Frankly, as the highest DPS AT and Powerset Combo in the game at present, and also the most demanding Scrapper combo (in terms of care and feeding) someone (Are you here, Kaledin?) should just write a guide to that exact character type.  Bio is incredible, it feeds you endurance, it can give you a silly damage buff, but its got a couple of massive drawbacks (its a mixed mitigation DEF set with no DEF Debuff Resistance, and its regen-based set that has cycle 3 clicky powers that provide some mix of heal, absorb, and regen between them).

Fair warning, Ive got a TW/Bio that I have a love/hate relationship with.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

TW/WP works really well. It was my main on live, and I remade him for Homecoming, and he's still as excellent as ever.

If you like the idea of TW/SR, consider TW/Nin. This plays up the dichotomy even more IMO, and the endurance refill would be really helpful for TW's thirst.

Sorry to hijack this thread. I've been considering a TW/Ice scrapper. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with that combo?

It's like your entire experience is a John Woo Flick.

Sometimes in a good way, sometimes in a bad way.

I have no idea what that means.

Sorry to hijack this thread. I've been considering a TW/Ice scrapper. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with that combo?

It's like your entire experience is a John Woo Flick.

Sometimes in a good way, sometimes in a bad way.

I have no idea what that means.

Everything moving in slow motion.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

If you're willing to spend lots of money, Bio.

If you're on a budget, Willpower.

Can you elaborate on this please?

I think Bio Armor is superior to Willpower if you fully IO it out.  Otherwise, Willpower works well even on SO's.