Power Armour?

Those are just ideas not trying to say any of those changes need to be made.  Just stuff that follows historical trends.

And of course I am not suggesting that the set will ever even see the Test Server, unfortunately, for points made elsewhere in the thread.

9 hours ago, Ultimo said:

I tend to agree, I'm not one for gimmicks.  My thinking for the Power Armour set is to make it less reliant on toggles.  I mean, it's just armour, it would provide protection just by being there.  Enhancing it in some way might require power, or some other resource, of course.  Thus, things like a powered exoskeleton, or life support systems, or advanced sensors (or other gadgets) would need power... but the actual armour plating wouldn't.  That was the "gimmick" I had in mind, but there's some really good ideas here already.

Ooh, it could be like Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet where it starts off weakish with no gems and each power is another gem ... I'm just thinking how you'd justify an origin other than Technology.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

I wish all armor sets came with an attack, burn and shield charge are nice and all but after 50 fire armor alts and 40 shield alts you start to question reality

how about a nanobot gathering type power that eats away at things around you and heals you over time?  im talking lots of 0.25 damage and lots of 0.10 or so healing, constant numbers floating around you

1 hour ago, Herotu said:

Ooh, it could be like Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet where it starts off weakish with no gems and each power is another gem ... I'm just thinking how you'd justify an origin other than Technology.

Magic: magical wards and enchanted artefacts (or an enchanted set of armor), runes and spirit tattoos etched onto your body

Science: a living symbiote separate from your person

Natural: simple military-grade (maybe experimental) gadgets and armaments alongside body armor

... to name a few.

Edited by megaericzero